Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Universal Sports is first to publish the USFS press release (I've removed the non-working Twitter link that I posted here originally) -- this link works:
    http://www.universalsports.com/news-...id=537612.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2011 at 06:20 PM.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    link doesn't work...

is this just a post-Orser announcement, or a new change? I thought Rippon was going to stay in Canada with one of his (previous) secondary coaches?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    A new change. He thanked Brand (?) for his help during the "transition period."
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    The link worked for me. The article is dated June 15. Here is the link again - perhaps it will work now.

http://www.universalsports.com/news-...id=537612.html
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    thanks mag, your link works for me.

Interesting that Adam and Jeremy will be training together (albeit Jeremy with Yuka and Adam with Jason)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    This is probably the most "zen" situation that Adam could hope for! So excited for him! He deserves a break!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    So excited for him! He deserves a break!
    Why does Rippon deserve a break? I sure hope that he will fare better in next season, but that remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Why does Rippon deserve a break? I sure hope that he will fare better in next season, but that remains to be seen.
    I would counter with, why doesn't anyone deserve a break? IMO, I just think and believe so.

vCash
    I'm glad to hear this.
    I'll look forward to his progress, with a great season ahead

IMO, Adam was caught up in Brian Orser's "post Yu-Na fallout".
    What looked to be a "good fit", with "ideal" potential, wasn't.

I'm happy that Adam has re-grouped; and is moving forward.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 06-15-2011 at 07:57 PM.

vCash
    So now Jason and Yuka are separate coaching entities? You can pick just one? Hmm.

I guess things didn't work out with staying in Toronto. Adam can try to rewrite history, but I don't think he said anything about Brand only being a temporary, transitional coach when he switched to him a few months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    So now Jason and Yuka are separate coaching entities? You can pick just one? Hmm.

I guess things didn't work out with staying in Toronto. Adam can try to rewrite history, but I don't think he said anything about Brand only being a temporary, transitional coach when he switched to him a few months ago.
    Jason is the secondary coach for Alisa and Jeremy. This arrangement would indicate to me that there is no conflict of interest in the training of Jeremy and Adam by the same coaching team. That's all.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    ...the hell?! Not a comment on my opinion on this move per se (other than it seemingly coming from nowhere), but this post-season seems to be getting stranger and stranger...

vCash
    Here's wishing Adam great success in this move! Detroit Skating Club is a wonderful training environment.

I want to see Angel Boy with his curls and in the zone this season. With Jason guiding him he will reach new goals.

vCash
    nm
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

I went back to listen to what he actually said in the two video interviews and the press release from April. In both interviews he seemed to correct the interviewer every time they suggested it was a coaching change and called it "position change" How did I miss that the first time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTr7j7jPao
    'It is more of a position change than a coaching change"

http://www.universalsports.com/video...th+adam+rippon
    "It's more of a position switch than it is a change"

April 1, 2011 USFS Press Release Quote:
    "At this time I need a change in the way I've been training," Rippon said. "I've been working with Ghislain for more than two years, so the transition is natural and makes sense."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by axel12345 View Post
    I went back to listen to what he actually said in the two video interviews and the press release from April. In both interviews he seemed to correct the interviewer every time they suggested it was a coaching change and called it "position change" How did I miss that the first time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTr7j7jPao
    'It is more of a position change than a coaching change"

http://www.universalsports.com/video...th+adam+rippon
    "It's more of a position switch than it is a change"

April 1, 2011 USFS Press Release Quote:
    "At this time I need a change in the way I've been training," Rippon said. "I've been working with Ghislain for more than two years, so the transition is natural and makes sense."
    If he was already working with Ghislain, then Adam is correct in saying it wasn't so much a coaching change as it was a position change (naming an "assistant coach" as his new head coach). I think if Adam had originally intended on just working with Ghislain temporarily, he would have said something like, "While I am in the process of looking for a new coach, I will continue working with Ghislain." Of course, I could be wrong.

vCash
    This is a very logical move to me. In hindsight, this change to another coach within his old rink seems to have been only temporary until he found someone. It would have been very tense for Adam to remain in the old rink even though he had "switched" coaches there. I think this coaching assignment will help Adam tremendously. I've always liked his programs, but have to look at how much Alissa improved there, so expect the same. As with her, I also foresee for Adam some assistance with nerves and confidence.

Wow. How many skaters do they have there, I would say the stable might be full now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post

Wow. How many skaters do they have there, I would say the stable might be full now.
    Off the top of my head: Abbott, Czisny, Rippon, Alexe Gilles, Becky Bereswill.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Adam may have intended to stay and perhaps it turned awkward, or he might have been intending to switch all along and perhaps everyone knew that. Or maybe it just came up while he was working with Carmelengo on choreo.

In any event, I love Adam and really hope this next season is a great one for him.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Good for Adam!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast