2 7.69%
  • TEAM ADAM DID BEST!

8 30.77%
  • THE TWO TEAMS TIED!!!

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

vCash
    Does anyone know exactly how this show works??

On the website, it says that, on the next show (June 21st), the 8 remaining semi-finalists compete and that the final 4 will be revealed on June 22nd. So far, we have only 4 contestants who have been "saved." When do the other 4 get saved ... at the first of next week's show - or is there a results show before then?

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    the results of this week's show will be annouced at the beginning (I'm guessing) of next week's show. Kind of sucks for this week's singers to have to prepare as if they're going to compete again and then maybe get axed.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm assuming at the first of the next show which means all 4 from team A and CL will probably prepare to sing and then only the winners will perform. Ups the drama a bit.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I'm the only one who likes Xenia then ?
    Nope. I like her.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    er...were you one of the people last week saying Racquel had the most potential from Xtina's group?
    Yes, that was me and I still stand by that (other than Beverly). I am basing my comment on knowing what my teenaged nieces look for in their singers. I don't think Frenchie is going to have commercial success, and a lot of that prediction is based on her looks & age. (Beverly seems to be quirky enough to escape the age stigma & I love her looks. She has a smiley face.) I think Raquel has a much better shot at success (or did b4 she got cut) & actually, I don't really like Frenchie's voice all that much.

To me Nakia has a much better voice than Tory or Taylor, but is a big guy in his late 30's who is not sexy going to put out CDs that will be bought by teens? Vikkie will get the audience save & I think Cee-lo should save the pig farmers. They could have potentially as much success as someone like Kellie Pickler. I don't know where Nakia fits in the music business.

I think the biggest mistake was cutting Rebecca. She has a great voice & a great backstory. If I was a record producer I would sign her right now & promote the hell out of her.
    Last edited by taf2002; 06-15-2011 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Hmmm, "taf" = "Taffy", the other Thompson sister?

Speaking of which, did I really hear Big Country Jeff tell that worthless "social media" sidekick (the Dunkelman of The Voice) say that he had his romantic hopes set on "the legal Thompson sister"? Boys will be boys, even affable country boys.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Adam and Xtina will premier their new duet "Moves like Jagger" next week. Does this mean one of both of them will be doing the Mick strut? Please let it be so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    how is it we haven't already entered into some marriage of convenience for tax purposes already?
    I know, like, why not? And we'd have the best family vacations ever.

OTOH, if gay marriage someday gets the "go" in Ohio, I'll need to dump you immediately and make my long-plotted play for Mr. Prancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    To me Nakia has a much better voice than Tory or Taylor, but is a big guy in his late 30's who is not sexy going to put out CDs that will be bought by teens?
    This competition is clearly not geared toward the teen audience. There are many singers who are successful who do not fall into the teen dream category. I think Nakia could have a very good career if he were to win.

I think the biggest mistake was cutting Rebecca. She has a great voice & a great backstory. If I was a record producer I would sign her right now & promote the hell out of her.
    I don't even remember who Rebecca is
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Rebecca is the pretty woman who whined about how tough it was to be pretty and to be known for said prettiness ... even while producing even more pretty/pretty scantily clad videos for YouTube ... and later felt so vindicated to have made it past the auditions without the burden of Cee-Lo having seen that cursed pretty face of hers.

Wonder how she feels, now, having been axed in favor of those perky but less than perfect Thompson sisters?

Oops, Allen has it right. I was thinking of [whatever her name is], who lost to the Hogettes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I don't even remember who Rebecca is
    She sang "Come as You Are"

Just FYI, Javier is at 11 right now, Dia at 12, and Vicci at 21. So, I'm assuming Javier and Vicci are the two audience saves and then Adam will save Casey and Cee-lo will save Nakia.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    oh, her.

yeah, I wouldn't call either her voice or her backstory great. Dime a dozen, etc.

ETA: wait, was Rebecca the Tragically Cursed Beauty? Or CAYA girl? Cause CAYA girl was great, and I could see producers wanting to sign her. TCB? Not so much.

ETA again - Rebecca was CAYA girl Kelsey was TCB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Rebecca is the pretty woman who whined about how tough it was to be pretty and to be known for said prettiness ... even while producing even more pretty/pretty scantily clad videos for YouTube ... and later felt so vindicated to have made it past the auditions without the burden of Cee-Lo having seen that cursed pretty face of hers.

Wonder how she feels, now, having been axed in favor of those perky but less than perfect Thompson sisters?

Oops, Allen has it right. I was thinking of [whatever her name is], who lost to the Hogettes.
    Yeah. Different person and definitely different backstory. Rebecca's backstory is that she is living out of her car and trying to perform wherever she can. Definitely not scantily clad. IMO, Rebecca definitely sings better than a bunch of the ones who sang in the live shows. If I could bring one person back, it would be her.

In thinking about how they could extend the show the second season without fluff, I think it would be good if each judge could pick one of the singers who another one eliminates in the battle rounds. Also, they could kick people out more slowly, especially with the live rounds. One per week. If each team of finalists to make it to the live rounds consisted of six singers and one was eliminated each week, that would extend the run without adding fluff. I'm sure they'll get lots of good people applying for next season, so they won't have to add in a bunch of crap singers to get that many on each team.

And count me as one who was happy to see Blake keep Xenia. IMO, her voice is much more interesting than the two generic guys that got cut.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Blake may be the sly mastermind after all. I was sort of so-so about him being a mentor, but he cracks me up each week. I think the mentor casting was perfect. Adam bounces around like a 6 yo on speed, but chose well with the singers he wanted. X-tina knew exactly what type of singer she wanted. Blake was willing to go outside his genre as was Cee Lo, except I think Cee Lo was really playing with their heads. But, the added fact that if two or more judges turn their chairs, the singer gets to choose makes it even more interesting. Beverly did the absolute best thing in choosing X-tina who totally got who she was as an artist.

I'm really going to be curious how NBC and Fox will schedule TV and AI next spring and how they will compete against each other. IMHO, Carson Daly beats Ryan Seacrest by a thousand miles and the judges by a million. Although, I think Steven Tyler would be a hoot on the Voice. I'll bet he's sorry he did the AI gig first. Maybe we can have 5 mentors next time.

If by some chance Beverly would win it all, I'm betting the singers next season will get a lot more interesting than any reality TV singing show. I do not feel that the show is trying to manipulate who will be The Voice the way American Idol does. I really hope that never happens.
    Last edited by rfisher; 06-15-2011 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    Ok so I have watched it and I'll go with Casey & Javier on Adam's team (Jeff was really not good AT all).
    And on Cee Lo Vicci obviously has my vote, but I don't know for Nakia. Since there is noone else on Cee Lo's team, I'll go with him though.
    Group numbers were fun, but Adam's team kicked it
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678