Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Does Gao have axel issues?
    hell yeah

vCash
    Who, besides Rippon? I've always found Kim's double axels to be beautiful. Does Gao have axel issues?
    Yes. But those issues have been there for a long time.

vCash
    Who, besides Rippon? I've always found Kim's double axels to be beautiful. Does Gao have axel issues?
    Yeah big time, she landed it cleanly only a few times this season...

vCash
    Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate. Has her 2A skill under Orser depreciated in any way, or is it just that Orser can't fix that technique? How long would it reasonably take to fix?

vCash
    Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate. Has her 2A skill under Orser depreciated in any way, or is it just that Orser can't fix that technique? How long would it reasonably take to fix?
    She's always had bad technique on that jump, but her real issues with landing it in competition didn't really start until 2010 nationals, before then she pretty much always landed it with no issues, but that was also around the same time she started to shoot up in height, and the 2a issues got worse this past season.

That being said, Rippon and Gao having axel issues may be more of a reflection on personal weaknesses rather than Orser as a coach. Yuna has a gorgeous 2a and Min-Jung, who was working with Orser for a few months and is not a strong jumper, has a very nice and secure 2a as well. So it might be a coincidence, or maybe Orser was just having Christina focus so much on 3-3s and Adam on quads that working on axel technique went to the wayside, in which case that could speak to a coaching concern.

vCash
    Christina had a huge growth spurt for the last couple of years. It is natural for her to struggle with her jumps. I suspect the girl may be still growing up, which does not make the situation easier.

Christina is doing solid 3-3s, so we should give her credit for it. Concerning 2A, she may need more time to stabilize it. Let's not rush to the conclusion yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.
    Fernandez has a very good 3A which he has been landing since he was 15, he's now 20 and his 3A has been very consistent so far, so I doubt it needs anything doing to it.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate.
    Gao has been a junior internationally for the past 2 seasons but she skated Senior at US Nationals in 2010 and 2011, placing 5th both times.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Well Thank the SkateGods!!

So happy he's escaped the Morozov sphere of so called influence. I'm especially happy he's about to become the newest Honourary Canadian skater of a pretty impressive listing of skaters who have trained in Canada, but compete for another country, as I've always adored Javi's skating. Now though, I won't have to put up w/looks of and questions of "Why!?!" from around here when family friends bop in and hear me cheering for a Spanish skater.

Can't wait to see what this new partnership will bring about w/Javi's skating and I'll join the growning chorus of hoping they get Shae-Lynn to do his programs for him!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Christina had a huge growth spurt for the last couple of years. It is natural for her to struggle with her jumps. I suspect the girl may be still growing up, which does not make the situation easier.

Christina is doing solid 3-3s, so we should give her credit for it. Concerning 2A, she may need more time to stabilize it. Let's not rush to the conclusion yet.
    I know she's grown a lot, the interesting thing is, the only jump it seems to have affected is her 2a, all her triples are just as solid if not better than before she shot up. But I guess in some ways that makes sense where the axel has a forward takeoff, so when you're taller/bigger it could really affect your air position.

vCash
    Adam had axel problems long before he went to Orser (I thought it improved with Orser). I haven't seen much of Gao to formulate any opinion of her, but what was wrong with Yu Na's axels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Adam had axel problems long before he went to Orser (I thought it improved with Orser). I haven't seen much of Gao to formulate any opinion of her, but what was wrong with Yu Na's axels?
    Nothing. People were discussing Adam's and Christina's axels, not Yu Na's

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    June 16th interview with Javier Fernández (in Spanish): http://hieloespanol.blogspot.com/201...z-si-sigo.html

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    How refreshing! He wants to focus on his basics.

vCash
    Highlights of the interview:

He was happy to have landed his first competition quad but expected it this season since he'd been doing it in practice.

At Spanish Nats he had a warmup fall and needed medical attention on his hand, during which his muscles cooled down too much and he had no time to warm up again. (Did he withdraw or skate poorly?)

He specifically states Morozov giving increasing attention to Amodio as a reason for moving on.

He's never worked with Orser before so has basically no idea how it will turn out. He does plan on working on his basic skating (good!)

David Wilson is a possible/probable choreographer but it's not been finalized yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Highlights of the interview:

He specifically states Morozov giving increasing attention to Amodio as a reason for moving on.
    Smart boy. Fernandez has a lot of potential, he needs to work with someone who will invest some time and energy to help him develop that potential and improve his skills. Hopefully Orser can do that, though in some ways it's an odd pairing. In any case, Morozov was obviously more focused elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    You watched a crouch-rubbing program & thought: "that ain't broken"?
    Personally, I had no problem with Amodio's crotch-rubbing and thrusting, per se. In fact, I like a little male crotch-rubbing. What I did have a problem with was the total amount of time Amodio spent not skating during his long program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Smart boy. Fernandez has a lot of potential, he needs to work with someone who will invest some time and energy to help him develop that potential and improve his skills. Hopefully Orser can do that, though in some ways it's an odd pairing. In any case, Morozov was obviously more focused elsewhere.

Personally, I had no problem with Amodio's crotch-rubbing and thrusting, per se. In fact, I like a little male crotch-rubbing. What I did have a problem with was the total amount of time Amodio spent not skating during his long program.
    lol, you guys are funny. I have watch many of Fernandez programs recently when I heard of the coaching change. I think he is a diamond in the ruff. If he can improve his presentation, edges and speed, he will be a force in the upcoming years. No one can tell how a coach and a skater will match up, but given the atributes that Orser had when he skated. If Fernandez picks up any of this, he will move up in ranks big time.

vCash
    LOL I can´t believe I missed this for days

I so hope Orser coaching him works

Fernández is (finally!) free
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaŃish

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post
    LOL I can´t believe I missed this for days

I so hope Orser coaching him works

Fernández is (finally!) free
    Thank God you posted.
    I was getting worried, I thought you had a heart-attack when you read the news or something
    Last edited by D&Sfan4ever; 06-19-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    Well, I needed to read twice the (complete) thread to be sure it wasn´t a joke even if I had heard before it could happen.

Anyway what matters is that Free Fernandez movement prevailed HA!
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaŃish

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast