Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    So basically, the skater's skating isn't good enough to stand on it's own so they have to desperately seek out attention-grabbing music and routines even if it doesn't really sell their routines or themselves that well. Ok.
    I never said that.

So basically, the skater's skating isn't good enough to stand on it's own so they have to desperately seek out attention-grabbing music and routines even if it doesn't really sell their routines or themselves that well. Ok.
    Majority of live audience disagree, and I guess it's in the eye of beholder. You don't like, good for you. But don't generalize please.

vCash
    Are skating fans all pointlessly defensive and argumentative?

I think he meant the programs were designed to entertain with their uncommon edge and style. They are not going to appeal to the Bach-loving grandmas, many of whom are in fact wishing that Kwan would come back and do Rachmaninoff's piano concertos-- or that Buttle would come back and do more David Wilson numbers. He is saying that Morozov was not going for that audience.

vCash
    I'm happy to see Fernandez freed finally but not happy with Orser as a choice.

And if David Wilson is going to come in the package, then .

Say what you want about Morozov but Fernandez has improved a lot under him. Yes, I would have preferred another coach but NOT Orser who needs to sort his head out before coaching anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    A. explore the adult movies industry
    I vote for that option!

Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Amodio deserves Morozov.
    Haha, so true!

Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I thought that Amodio was going to Tom Z.
    Only for a month or so (presumably to work on the jumps).

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Yay, now he and Christina can date
    Please.
    a) Javi has a gf
    b) he surely has better taste; Gao needs a makeover asap, she looks like Mira Leung
    Last edited by Ziggy; 06-15-2011 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Are skating fans all pointlessly defensive and argumentative?
    You tell me.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    What is wrong with Orser as a coach, directed to Ziggy who said Orser needs to sort his head out before he coaches anybody?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    What is wrong with Orser as a coach, directed to Ziggy who said Orser needs to sort his head out before he coaches anybody?
    Yes, I like to know this as well

Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    Like it or not, Morosov's programs for his rising Euro stars (yes that includes Javier) were designed to grab attention and stand out, not to please few "Bach-loving grandmas" and figure skating purist on this board. If he could not deliver, so many skaters would not be dying to work with him. That's all.
    Then exactly who were the programs meant to stand out to? Other than Mikki's programs, none of them were particularly well received by judges.

Clearly I'm not a "Bach-loving grandma," but I thought all of those programs, including Mikki's, sucked.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Please.
    a) Javi has a gf
    b) he surely has better taste; Gao needs a makeover asap, she looks like Mira Leung
    You've got to be kidding! Gao could use a makeover, but she has a lot more potential in that department than Mira.

vCash
    With Orser you can be guaranteed that he will be packaged properly and his skating skills will be worked on. With his jumping prowess this will be great for Fernandez.

vCash
    Is there any reason we can't hope for a bit of Shae-lynn choreo for Javi , now that we know she's doing Adam's SP ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    You've got to be kidding! Gao could use a makeover, but she has a lot more potential in that department than Mira.
    This. Also who is Javi's gf? I've only heard of the Miki rumors and obviously those aren't true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    An example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVzxjg0D0rQ
    K&C starting around 7:09

Plus the way Kim's breakup was handled.

All this discussed to death in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Clearly I'm not a "Bach-loving grandma," but I thought all of those programs, including Mikki's, sucked.
    You clearly are a Bach-loving grandma considering the only programs of Morozov you liked were the blandest, classical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Is there any reason we can't hope for a bit of Shae-lynn choreo for Javi , now that we know she's doing Adam's SP ?
    I hope it's her and not Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    This. Also who is Javi's gf? I've only heard of the Miki rumors and obviously those aren't true.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560450726

vCash
    the only program from Morozov I remember is Winter for Yagudin. And that's about it.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Jesus, I can' believe this.
    I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.

vCash
    Well operation: Free Fermandez - successful

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    the only program from Morozov I remember is Winter for Yagudin. And that's about it.
    Hiphop Swan Lake for Takahashi?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Hiphop Swan Lake for Takahashi?
    Nope. I never felt it was a good program for that skater. It could have been a better program for Stanick. But god, Stan already had a swan hip hop
    No it was just a ripoff once again from Morozov
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.
    Orser ain't stupid, I doubt he will touch the jumps - Javi has a really solid, rather beautiful technique (especially on that Axel).

I hope Orser will manage to do something about the skating skills and the speed (I always get the feeling that Javi skated the second half of the long with half the speed he had in the first half).

But in my opinion the biggest problem Javi had during the last season was, that he just did not get marks that would have put him anywhere near the Top Five, not even at worlds with two different Quads. I am not sure Orser can change that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Orser ain't stupid, I doubt he will touch the jumps - Javi has a really solid, rather beautiful technique (especially on that Axel).
    I like Fernandez's jumps too. But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels and hope it doesn't effect Fernandez negatively.
    I hope Orser will manage to do something about the skating skills and the speed (I always get the feeling that Javi skated the second half of the long with half the speed he had in the first half).
    This sounds more like an issue of stamina and physical fitness rather than skating skills to me.

But in my opinion the biggest problem Javi had during the last season was, that he just did not get marks that would have put him anywhere near the Top Five, not even at worlds with two different Quads. I am not sure Orser can change that.
    He was marked correctly for his e-coli morozov TM choreography of non-existing transitions and excessive two-foot skating. Only difference between him and likes of Ando was that he doesn't represent a large federation hence politicking wasn't there.

vCash
    But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels.
    In your imagination he does, anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I like Fernandez's jumps too. But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels and hope it doesn't effect Fernandez negatively.
    Who, besides Rippon? I've always found Kim's double axels to be beautiful. Does Gao have axel issues?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast