Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Clarence Clemons (E Street Band) has passed away (UPDATE 6/18)

Surprised no one posted this yet, a great saxophonist, here's to a speedy and full recovery

http://www.showbiz411.com

vCash
    Not the Big Man!!! Love Bruce and EStreet....it feels like Danny Federici just passed. I hope he recovers but at his age this will be tough going. God bless him.

vCash
    I hope he can recover to a point where he enjoys life. I'm sorry I never got to see him play live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EooiBaW1BA
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    What Coco said, but from what little I've heard tonight and seen online, it doesn't sound very good at all.

I also wish I'd had the chance to see him perform live. We had a Rock Band as the band at my HS and when it came to those of us playing the Sax, whether it was the chosen few who made the Band or those of us who just loved to play the Sax in Music Class, it was the Big Man our Teacher held as the best of the best. He was right too. He really was the best of the best when it came to the Sax.

I really and truly hope and pray he can recover so he enjoy life as fully as possible. Fingers crossed and prayers going up for him and his two families, on stage and off, tonight.

vCash
    Get well...

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Get well...
    I just had to tell a 20-something that the song playing at the pub the other night was The Boss's "Born to Run" with CC wailing away...

Chirren these days just don't know the classics...

He was also a stitch in the video of Aretha's "Freeway of Love", where he also got his major league groove on with his sax.

I hope Clarence gets well.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    I had the good fortune to see Clarence play on a number of occaisions, particulary on the 1975 tour after Born to Run hit big ( I saved my ticket stub!). A fine sax man, The Big Man was also a good comic foil for Bruce. Bruce used to do a bit in concert called "Sparks on E Street" where he told the story of Clarence joining the band...and then they'd roar into 10th Ave. Freeze Out. Great Stuff. I only hope he finds a way to recover.

vCash
    I always came away exhausted from the Springsteen/EStreet concerts I saw and they were the ones doing the work. But even as they aged they still rocked on stage for four hours and pulled the crowd right along with them. Does anyone do that now? And I can't imagine 10th Avenue Freeze Out without Clarence.... Even if Bruce adds the Miami horns on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Not the Big Man!!! Love Bruce and EStreet.... I hope he recovers but at his age this will be tough going. God bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    What Coco said, but from what little I've heard tonight and seen online, it doesn't sound very good at all.

I really and truly hope and pray he can recover so he enjoy life as fully as possible. Fingers crossed and prayers going up for him and his two families, on stage and off, tonight.
    We were fortunate to see him with the Boss. Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with him and his families.

vCash
    Saw two YouTube clips, one of him on Letterman, another where he dueted with Jackson Browne. Man that guy could play, and sing! Get well Sir.

vCash
    They don't do four-hour shows anymore, unfortunately.

Last time I saw them, a year or so ago, Clarence had a lot of difficulty walking/moving around. To accommodate him, the band didn't leave the stage pre-encore, they just turned the lights down for a minute or two and then turned them back up.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    I did not know that about Clarence: I did see a clip of the band having a hard time not laughing in London because Bruce was out near the crowd but had to go up several stairs to get back to the microphone and could not get there without a rest and said he needed an elevator. He looks fit but I can only imagine the wear and tear his body has taken over the years. But then look at the Stones...

vCash
    Aw, terrible for the big guy. Seems he's had several major health worries over the past decade.

Get well, Clarence!

vCash
    Hope Clarence makes a full recovery!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Get better, Clarence.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Unfortunately Clarence Clemons has passed away. I don't have a reputable article yet but it is circulating around internet and I doubt it is a false alarm. As soon as I find something more definitive I will edit this post.

ETA: Thanks genevieve
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Rolling Stone Article

So sad.

*edited* Looks like genevieve and I posted at once.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Damn, saw E Street live in 1980. Nothing compares. RIP Big Guy
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    The end of an era. The music in Heaven just got even more amazing. RIP Sir and you will be missed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast