vCash

What ever happened to....

Remember the guy who used to do the Arena announcing for a lot of pro competitions in the late 1980's & 1990's? (I don't remember his name). I remember reading an article about him in the Washington newspaper years ago. He had started out being the arena announcer at the Capital Center for the Washington Capitals games. They had him announce the World Professional Skating Championships when they were in Landover. The article said people were impressed with his ability to pronounce foreign names. He had so many offers to announce skating shows and competitions that he left the Capitals and was announcing skating instead. Does anyone know his name or what he is doing now?
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 06-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    Remember the guy who used to do the Arena announcing for a lot of pro competitions in the late 1980's & 1990's? (I don't remember his name). I remember reading an article about him in the Washington newspaper years ago. He had started out being the arena announcer at the Capital Center for the Washington Capitals games. They had him announce the World Professional Skating Championships when they were in Landover. The article said people were impressed with his ability to pronounce foreign names. He had so many offers to announce skating shows and competitions that he left the Capitals and was announcing skating instead. Does anyone know his name or what he is doing now?
    Marv Brooks
    He died in 1998
    http://www.amandfmmorningside.com/wpgc_marv_brooks.html

vCash
    Baby Jane...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...