Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Skate for Hope 6/18

Here is a link for the Skate for Hope show scheduled for 6/18 in Columbus, OH.

http://www.skateforhope.org/site/TR?fr_id=1060&pg=entry

Headliners are Johnny Weir for his ubers; Rachael Flatt; for those interested in seeing improvement Marley & Brubaker; for those who are still stunned we have Denney & Coughlin. Ryan Bradley is scheduled just so we can be entertained. There are several others scheduled so check out the link. Should be a good show for a good cause.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Sarah Hughes is listed on the website as the guest emcee, but she has tweeted that she will also be performing a new program. Nice to see Sarah and Emily in the same show and supporting such a good cause.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Skate For Hope just added a Groupon coupon deal!
    http://www.groupon.com/columbus/deal...6e0437ae5636bb

Tranquillo
    vCash
    From Caitlin Yankowskas's twitter:

CaitsYankowskas Caitlin Yankowskas
    Performing at Skate For Hope this weekend! Cannot wait! Columbus get ready for a great show!
    But she's not currently listed on the event website.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 06-14-2011 at 03:53 AM.

vCash
    Maybe someone bailed and she's a last minute replacement. It's a great lineup anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    From Caitlin Yankowskas's twitter:

But she's not currently listed on the event website.
    Wow, could be some intrigue here. Wouldn't it be something if she shows up with a new partner . I'd love to see her skate again so this will be very interesting.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wow, Marcy Hinzman (now Harris) will be there!

Can't wait to hear reports
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Wow, could be some intrigue here. Wouldn't it be something if she shows up with a new partner . I'd love to see her skate again so this will be very interesting.
    She has been seen skating with Jeremy B in ellenton, Florida. heard it was a sight for sore eyes being that Jeremy is so short. Interesting to see if they will show up together at Skate for Hope. We will have to wait and see, I will be at the show and because it's a great cause wish the show great success!

vCash
    The facebook page for SFH says "Thrilled to share that Caitlin Yankowskas will perform at SFH this Saturday with Rachael Flatt, Alexe Gilles and Emily Samuelson! Get ready for a great show!"

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    My mom and I are going to this show this weekend and I'm very excited about it. I've wanted to go since it started but it always fell on a bad weekend for me. So happy I can finally go this year! I'll try to post a report and some photos/videos after I get home.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Latest tweet from Johnny - not good news:

Flight cancelled, luggage missing, no rebooking until Sunday. IF they find my luggage, will have to drive all night to Columbus. Disaster.
    Sarah also tweeted earlier today that they were stuck on the plane for an hour and it still hadn't taken off - I hope the Hugheses are able to get here. Thunderstorm warning for Columbus right now.

ETA: Update from Johnny:

Luggage retrieved, in my own bed, Columbus tomorrow. The show must go on. Ping-chan is happy.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 06-18-2011 at 03:47 AM.

vCash
    A followup tweet this morning -

Ok, let's try this again. LGA--->Columbus. Skate for Hope here I come.

Back on track!

vCash
    Leaving shortly for my drive to Columbus. United Airlines had a big computer problem yesterday that grounded most (or all) of their flights. Could be Johnny and the Hughes were caught in it. I'm driving so no worries for me.

Should be a fun day...lunch with a friend and then the show. Can't wait!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Have a great time all who are going..Can't wait to hear about it!

vCash
    Safe travels maureenfarone! Please post reviews. Anxious to hear how D/C look ;-)

vCash
    Rachael Flatt's FB status:

[INDENT]Had a blast last night, working past midnight on choreography with Alexe, Caitlin, Emily and Kate! Skate For Hope this afternoon![/INDENT]

Looks like the girls are going to have their own number. Please let us know about this one too!

vCash
    For those wondering, the "Kate" mentioned in the previous post is Kathryn McSwain, a former competitive skater who was a finalist in the Young Artists' Showcase competition for choreographers last summer (one of her pieces featured Jeremy Abbott skating to ballet music). From Sarah and Drew's 6/17 blog:
    "It was the first step to having a career," said one of last year's finalists, Kathryn McSwain. "It took me a leap forward to what I've dreamed of doing all my life. Every week, with every challenge, I had more confidence to know I could put a program together under the time gun and still keep my creativity flowing."

McSwain has recently choreographed exhibition pieces for Adam Rippon and Rachael Flatt.
    Looking forward to reports from the show!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Skies are very dark right now, another thunderstorm on its way. Hope those driving to the show build in plenty of extra time.

I'm looking forward to your reports, too.

vCash
    Latest from Johnny, hope he makes it in time for the show.

Huh? Flight delayed due to "crew rest"? This is getting ridiculous. 14 years of airports and this is a first. Can I please just go to work?
    1 hour ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    Leaving shortly for my drive to Columbus. United Airlines had a big computer problem yesterday that grounded most (or all) of their flights. Could be Johnny and the Hughes were caught in it. I'm driving so no worries for me.

Enjoy the show, I suspect Johnny and the Hughes' problems were caused by major thunderstorms in the New Jersey/New York area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast