Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I liked both Masquerade and Bells, though the former more than the latter. I agree that Bells was heavy music for Mao but really liked her pushing the enveloped with non-traditional ladies music.

And Mao earned World silver, World Gold and Olympic silver under TAT - not too shabby of a record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Bells of Moscow seems to fall into "love it or hate it" category. Personally I loved the synergy of heavy dramatic music and the fragile yet strong girl. It gives me chills every time I watch it. As much as I love her lyrical programs, bring out the fierce warrior princess Mao!
    I'm definitely in "love it" group It would be boring if Mao skated all the time to lyrical music. I'm glad she showed her second face, I really like it

Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    And Mao earned World silver, World Gold and Olympic silver under TAT - not too shabby of a record.
    Silver at Worlds? It was in 2007, then she wasn't work with TAT.

vCash
    I love TT working with Mao. Bells of Moscow was genius.

vCash
    She has grown up, I dont want her to wear pink lilla dresses any more and skate to predictable pieces, I liked her Olympic Sp and Lp a lot (plus the dresses parade ;p)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    She came in 4th at worlds that first year with TAT, before taking silver in Vancouver and then regaining her world title...

It's true she had a decent record under TAT...

I was happy Mao stepped out of her comfort zone as well. It's good to try different things. To me, her classic lyrical style is infinitely better than her powerful heavy side. I'd like to see her do a competition piece that's more like Caprices or Por Una Cabeza: fun, flirty, a little cheeky...she does that well too. Her programs that are lighter and happier and fun just seem more enjoyable than her heavier program...plus she looks happier!
    Last edited by kwanatic; 06-14-2011 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    For what's it worth, it is rumored that she is also going to Canada for choreography, so it's likely that Lori is doing the LP.

Not a fan of TAT choreography but I would be happy to see her prove me wrong with some decent programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I love TT working with Mao. Bells of Moscow was genius.
    Pure genius! I get chills down my spine every time I watch it!
    Go Mao!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    TAHbKA, thanks! Kanako will skate TAT programme/s? Wow, she's definitely mini-Mao.
    *by Murakami you meant her, right? not Daisuke?*
    I beg your pardon. Although it is a matter which is out of main subject...
    In Japan, as for the calling way of Kanako Murakami, I often hear person calling her "Mao-junior", but hardly hear person calling her "mini-Mao".
    I think that it is more suitable to call her "Mao-junior", because I feel that the word "-junior" has a strong sense of direction growing toward the future but the word "mini-" has hardly such a sense of direction.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-15-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12