Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Lots of talent tonight, but all the musicals seem dated compared to The Book of Mormon.

Where's 'Priscilla'?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    Sister Act looks like the kind of show that will run forever in summer stock and community theater.
    It's the new Nunsense. Not my kind of show, but it looked pretty good.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I don't think a syrupy ballad is what people with interest in "Spider Man" want to see. What a dumb marketing move.
    I don't know -- with all the hullaballoo there's been, it might not have been such a bad idea to underplay it a little. I'm a bit surprised they were allowed to perform on the Tonys at all, given that the show hasn't even opened and thus has no nominations . . . but since they probably needed some GOOD publicity for a change, I guess rules were bent.

I'm late with this b/c I had to go away from the computer, but that Jackman/NPH number was amazing!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Did I hear right that this Memphis show won the Tony last year for Musical but closed recently??! That would be so sad. I hope I heard that wrong!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Lots of talent tonight, but all the musicals seem dated compared to The Book of Mormon.

Where's 'Priscilla'?
    I agree. I was expecting a number from "Priscilla" since they did get 2 nominations. I've heard that it's just okay, but I'm still really excited to see it. We're going to be in Broadway overload while in New York, but it's going to be worth it.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I agree. I was expecting a number from "Priscilla" since they did get 2 nominations.
    I just read on another board they'll be doing "It's Raining Men."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I agree. I was expecting a number from "Priscilla" since they did get 2 nominations. I've heard that it's just okay, but I'm still really excited to see it. We're going to be in Broadway overload while in New York, but it's going to be worth it.
    Usually only the musicals that are nominated for the Best Musical category are allotted performances at the Tonys...

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Did I hear right that this Memphis show won the Tony last year for Musical but closed recently??! That would be so sad. I hope I heard that wrong!
    As of June 5th it was still playing. I'll be seeing the tour as part of my theatre subscription next fall/spring.

"Priscilla" got mediorcre reviews and has struggled at the box office; I am disappointed but not surprised they weren't showing a number from the show, or at least a little excerpt. Usually the nominated musicals and revivals are the ones featured.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I forgot the Tonys were tonight, so missed the first hour. Don't take this the wrong way West Coasters, but I'm glad it's on time delay so I can catch the first hour on our Western CBS channel on the dish.

LOVED the NPH/Hugh Jackman number. That was both brilliant and hysterical!! BTW, Hugh's bringing his one man show to Toronto for a short run. What I wouldn't give to see that.

Tuned in just in time to see the number from Book of Mormon. That looks like it would be a hoot and a half to see.

Always love this night, as it's the only time I get to see what's going on in the World of Broadway and what might be on it's way to Toronto someday.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I think "War Horse" is the basis for the movie of the same name coming out at Christmas that Steven Spielberg directed.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    As of June 5th it was still playing. I'll be seeing the tour as part of my theatre subscription next fall/spring.

"Priscilla" got mediorcre reviews and has struggled at the box office; I am disappointed but not surprised they weren't showing a number from the show.
    Oh good. I was hoping I heard wrong. That would be way too similar to a show winning a Best Drama Series Emmy and then getting cancelled the next season. I'm glad the show is still running and hope to hear about it from you after you see it!

NPH is doing a nice job this evening.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    JOEL GREY! I flailed.

vCash
    I think "War Horse" is the basis for the movie of the same name coming out at Christmas that Steven Spielberg directed.
    Really? A play coming out before the movie? That's a switch, these days.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Ohhh, I love tap dancing! I danced when I was younger and tap was always my favorite.

vCash
    I love Sutton Foster. And she looks really good as a blonde! Not all of us brunettes can say that.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    That lead singer was definitely hired for her singing skills and not her tap skills, LOL (Great voice though!)

That was Sutton Foster???! OMG, I didn't even realize it. No wonder she was singing so well! She's pretty awesome.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Sutton Foster and dancing sailors. Gay boy heaven.

vCash
    Sutton Foster and dancing sailors. Gay boy heaven.

vCash
    Sutton Foster is so fabulous. I remember years ago when she just landed the lead in Thoroughly Modern Millie, she was the subject of an episode of The Look For Less.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Really? A play coming out before the movie? That's a switch, these days.
    The show was a big hit in London; when Spielberg optioned the rights for the movie a Broadway production was a cinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I love Sutton Foster. And she looks really good as a blonde! Not all of us brunettes can say that.
    It was a wig; you could see the lace front in her close ups.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast