Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Thank you so much midori!!!

pity the Fukuoka show won't broadcast

btw,do you go to the fan party after the show?
    I search some japanese site but can't understand completely,sounds like all the foreign guest attend the party,Lambiel wear Trankov's Romeo and Juliet costume while Trankov wear his Bring me to Life costume,Candeloro and lambiel do something,like lift?....hope we can know more about it,sounds intersting...

vCash
    Some pictures are available on Akiko's blog:
    http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-10943839816.html

Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    btw,do you go to the fan party after the show?
    No, I did not. Just watching skaters talking on the stage from the floor with fellow 100 or more fans?? I mean, it must be really, really fun being there, but 120USD for that sounds a real rip-off to me. I would understand if the price was for fund-raising, but hell no.

I would watch more skating if I afford one of those "fan parties" by CIC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Some pictures are available on Akiko's blog:
    http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-10943839816.html
    Thank you for sharing!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/user/taraevemodlin Tara's YouTube page, she has Johnny's performance from Fantasy on Ice as well as Johnny practicing his 3A.

vCash
    Philippe Candeloro and Brian Joubert were in Kanazawa for Fantasy on Ice 2011 -- here's a video of them uploaded by visitjapan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tcLl3CVUJw

vCash
    In “Fantasy on Ice 2011 in Kanazawa” broadcasted in July 24th by local TV station
    Miki Ando: “Sen-no Kaze-ni natte” or “A Thousand Winds” English Version by Hayley Westenra.
    Shizuka Arakawa: “Anata-ga iru-kara” or “As You are Here” in collaboration with Mai Kuraki.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-P4m0zBGU
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 07-27-2011 at 11:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    In “Fantasy on Ice 2011 in Kanazawa” broadcasted in July 24th by local TV station
    Miki Ando: “Sen-no Kaze-ni natte” or “A Thousand Winds” English Version by Hayley Westenra.
    Shizuka Arakawa: “Anata-ga iru-kara” or “As You are Here” in collaboration with Mai Kuraki.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-P4m0zBGU
    thanks!!
    me luurving shizuka! though the program is nothing to gasp about. Could watch her glide all day

vCash
    “Anata ga iru kara” by Shizuka Arakawa and Mai Kuraki is now available to download from iTunes.
    All of profit will go to support the rebirth from the earthquake and tsunami.

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/music-vid...ra/id457843078

vCash
    The first show in Niigata has just finished.

Lambiel skated to Don't Stop the Music and the Rachmaninov program.
    In the first act the DSTM program was not perfect but he was wonderful in the second act.

Tatsuki Machida skated to his new FP, choreographed by Lambiel(!) People say he looked just like Stephane in the program, but I did not see that.

Jeremy Abbott skated his flamenco program right after Antonio Najarro's dancers, and before Yuka Sato

Akiko Suzuki skated her new SP and I loved it!!

Johnny Weir skated to the Gaga program in the mirror-ballish costume. The other program was something I do not recognize. Boy he's popular!

There are two more shows, tonight and tomorrow.

vCash
    Thank you,midori.

I think Johnny skate the "mix" number,which contain many his old program pieces~

What about Liza and Gachinsky's pro?they worked with Lambiel too.

vCash
    I think Johnny skate the "mix" number,which contain many his old program pieces~
    He did it in Fukuoka, but it was a different program this time. I do not think it was new though ... it's a ballad and the costume was something which reminds me of Fame or Flashdance; black pants, black tank top, gray hairband and white gloves.
    What about Liza and Gachinsky's pro?they worked with Lambiel too.
    Their programs in the evening show may have been the ones by Lambiel or helped by Lambiel. Some moves, especially in the Gachisky's program remind me of Lambiel a lot. The program he skated in the afternoon show reminds me of Plushenko

vCash
    Their programs in the evening show may have been the ones by Lambiel or helped by Lambiel. Some moves, especially in the Gachisky's program remind me of Lambiel a lot
    Uh, I must have been hallcinating yesterday. They skated the same programs today and neither reminds me of anything about Lambiel this time.

BTW Stephane skated his new Tchaikovsky program today!! The MC said today's the world premiere of the program, and he skated it with the quad.
    Last edited by midori; 09-04-2011 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for the comments, midori!

Will the Japanese TV broadcast this show?

vCash
    BTW Stephane skated his new Tchaikovsky program today!! The MC said today's the world premiere of the program.
    Thank you for the information,pity we won't see the videos....what's program and the custom like? how many jumps and spins?

and did they hold Quad festival on the final show?

vCash
    Thank you for the information,pity we won't see the videos....what's program and the custom like? how many jumps and spins?

and did they hold Quad festival on the final show?
    The costume is a dress shirt+ pants, both in red-purple. He landed the quad in the program

And yes there was a quad festival after the final show

Hanyu was the most eager participant as usual and he landed 4S and 4T+3A. Machida and Stephane landed 4T each. Machida was talking about the jump entrance with Stephane before the attempt. Jeremy Abbott joined and attempted twice but fell both, and Arthur landed 4T on the second try. Dai fell on 4F.

Then Dai invited Liza to join. (Some said Mishin pushed her back to join. ) She went for 3A but popped it.

At the end they took group pictures. Singers were standing on the stage, male skaters were standing in front of the stage, female skaters sitting on the chair, and Johnny was sitting on the ice in the front, wearing a flower ring on the head.
    Last edited by midori; 09-04-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: fixing was to were! Darn the idea of single and plural forms!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Thanks for the comments, midori!

Will the Japanese TV broadcast this show?
    I hope they do, especially when the main organizer of the show is a TV station, but I do not know if or when.

vCash
    He did it in Fukuoka, but it was a different program this time. I do not think it was new though ... it's a ballad and the costume was something which reminds me of Fame or Flashdance; black pants, black tank top, gray hairband and white gloves.
    )

Johnny had tweeted that he was going to skate his Heartbroken program for the people of Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Johnny had tweeted that he was going to skate his Heartbroken program for the people of Japan.
    Heartbroken! Yes that's the program Johnny skated in Niigata shows!

It was funny when Johnny was skating to Bad Romance in the glittering unitard, so many people, skaters and staff, came to the rink side to take pictures of him

Mishin was also taking video of some skaters. He was also shooting Hanyu's program today (FS), but when Yuzuru finished the last jump Mishin was gone, without shooting the rest of the program, like slss and spins

That reminds me that Shizuka landed 3T-3T in the program today. I guess they are pushing each other

Pecharat/Bourzat skated to a Japanese pop song (the singer was singing live on the stage), but it was just like they were skating a different program to a wrong song. They also skated their chaplin program and it was pretty.
    Last edited by midori; 09-04-2011 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Mishin was also taking video of some skaters
    hope he can upload it...I think Johnny's pros will be upload to youtube by his agent,and some japanese skater's pro can be seen later,but others we can't see a piece....

midori,if you have time,can you describe the skater's new pros with more details?Dai's new SP we have see.Johnny's two numbers we have seen several times.I wonder what Gachinsky and Liza's new programs like.and Lambiel's Tchaikovsky,Machida's Don Quixote etc....
    Last edited by luCN; 09-04-2011 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    midori,if you have time,can you describe the skater's new pros with more details?Dai's new SP we have see.Johnny's two numbers we have seen several times.I wonder what Gachinsky and Liza's new programs like.and Lambiel's Tchaikovsky,Machida's Don Quixote etc....
    I wish I could, but I am not very good at describing programs more than "loved it!!" or "it was so boring!!".
    Hope some other FSUers will post their reviews.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast