Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you very much for the reports midori!
    Faoi looks like very interesting show with excellent cast and shame that it's never televised.

    Please can you say - I know it's stupid - but what program reminds Lambiel's Tchaikovski? His William Tell or Traviata? What program reminds Machida's Don Quijote? Lambiel's Traviata?

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In an ideal world
    Posts
    2,954
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lily View Post
    Thank you very much for the reports midori!
    Faoi looks like very interesting show with excellent cast and shame that it's never televised.

    Please can you say - I know it's stupid - but what program reminds Lambiel's Tchaikovski? His William Tell or Traviata? What program reminds Machida's Don Quijote? Lambiel's Traviata?
    Actually the Fantasy On Ice shows were televised more than once... but only in very limited region in Japan.

    My friend says Lambiel's Tchaikovski program was using Violin Concert, First Movement. The costume was in light burgundy and the moves were soft, but in a rather restrained way. Not as restrained as the Rachmaninov program though. ... Hope I am making some sort of sense.

    Machida's program did not remind me that much of Stephane so I cannot tell what program it reminds me of, but some say it does remind them of Stephane, a lot. He was doing spin in one of Lambiel positions, which definitely reminds me of Stephane

    IIRC the finishing pose of Machida's program and Lambiel's Tchaikovski program look very same. Legs in the lunge position, with one arm at akimbo and the other arm up. And I think Machida was looking up... perhaps so was Stephane.

    I think both of the programs need some more time to sink in, but I am not sure if it is more time for them to sink in or for me to sink in.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A huge thank you from me as well, midori . Without you, we wouldn't have almost any information from 'Fantasy on Ice' shows at all.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    My friend says Lambiel's Tchaikovski program was using Violin Concert, First Movement. The costume was in light burgundy and the moves were soft, but in a rather restrained way. Not as restrained as the Rachmaninov program though. ... Hope I am making some sort of sense.
    Yes, you are definitely making sense . Restrained has been Stephane's style lately, so it's no surprise that his new program is like that as well in a way. To tell the truth, although I love this new style, I was already hoping for something more dramatic and expressive for a change. But probably Stephane has outgrown that, as some other fan wrote (in another forum).

    I think both of the programs need some more time to sink in, but I am not sure if it is more time for them to sink in or for me to sink in.
    I understand what you mean. Although Stephane is my favourite skater, it took some time for his 'Rachmaninov' program to sink in completely for me. It's definitely easier with more dramatic, expressive and flamboyant programs, as they tend to catch our attention instantly. Restrained programs with lot of subtle detail instead of "big", expressive gestures, moves and elements usually take more time to sink in, but when (and if) they do, then it's for a long time. At least that's like it is for me. Although it's possible that Stephane (and also Machida) really needs to skate this program more for it to be the way how it is meant to be. But, as I wrote, restrained is Stephane's new style, and such way of skating doesn't mean that he's "off", not in the mood, or that something is wrong. He is just looking for subtler, less obvious ways of expression.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 09-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Lambiel skated to Don't Stop the Music and the Rachmaninov program. In the first act the DSTM program was not perfect
    Did he fall from a jump, or simply like that ? No, actually that wouldn't be so terrible for me, but I know what a lot of other people think about such things (for me it's different in each situation - sometimes it spoils the performance for me, sometimes it doesn't). Or probably he just made some mistake (or mistakes) in his jumps or in another element? I am asking just because, being as big a fan as I am, if I can't see some peformance by Stephane for myself, I at least want to know as much as possible about it .

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you,midori.pity we can't see videos from the show,it sounds great,and have many new programs we haven't seen

    about the "restrained way",I think maybe it's his imagination about Russia classical music...Hope we can see what he think about the music and programs one day,then we can understand the pro better

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In an ideal world
    Posts
    2,954
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Did he fall from a jump, or simply like that ? No, actually that wouldn't be so terrible for me, but I know what a lot of other people think about such things (for me it's different in each situation - sometimes it spoils the performance for me, sometimes it doesn't). Or probably he just made some mistake (or mistakes) in his jumps or in another element? I am asking just because, being as big a fan as I am, if I can't see some peformance by Stephane for myself, I at least want to know as much as possible about it .
    It was not a big deal. In that particular performance he looked a little tired to me, he was not dominating the whole arena as he usually does, and he tripped and fell during the sliding. It was not that bad but my expectation with Stephane is extremely high. (and he usually surpasses way beyond that!)

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    about the "restrained way",I think maybe it's his imagination about Russia classical music...
    Maybe, but that depends on what recording/version of Tchaikovsky's violion concerto he has used - some of them are rather grand, and quite far from "restrained", others are more toned down. The version that was played in the movie 'Le concert', which actually inspired him to make this program, was more on the grand side. But probably for the actual program he has used a different, more toned down/softer version.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,320
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    It was not a big deal. In that particular performance he looked a little tired to me, he was not dominating the whole arena as he usually does, and he tripped and fell during the sliding. It was not that bad but my expectation with Stephane is extremely high. (and he usually surpasses way beyond that!)
    Thank you once again, midori. My expectations towards Stephane are very high as well. I have accepted that his jumps are not always perfect, and my expectations are more about the artistic side. Still, I must admit that I don't like it when he falls, especially if it's not from a jupm - that often spoils the impression from his performance a bit (if not for me, then for other people). A pity that something like that happened during his first performance of this absolutely great program in Japan - the audience probably couldn't appreciate it fully .

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    632
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    861
    A news clip on the show in Niigata:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZkY...ature=youtu.be

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Actually the Fantasy On Ice shows were televised more than once... but only in very limited region in Japan.

    My friend says Lambiel's Tchaikovski program was using Violin Concert, First Movement. The costume was in light burgundy and the moves were soft, but in a rather restrained way. Not as restrained as the Rachmaninov program though. ... Hope I am making some sort of sense.

    Machida's program did not remind me that much of Stephane so I cannot tell what program it reminds me of, but some say it does remind them of Stephane, a lot. He was doing spin in one of Lambiel positions, which definitely reminds me of Stephane

    IIRC the finishing pose of Machida's program and Lambiel's Tchaikovski program look very same. Legs in the lunge position, with one arm at akimbo and the other arm up. And I think Machida was looking up... perhaps so was Stephane.

    I think both of the programs need some more time to sink in, but I am not sure if it is more time for them to sink in or for me to sink in.
    Greatest thanks, midori! Everything makes sense what you say!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •