Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    You misunderstood my post, I was specifically commenting on Cerebral Palsy because that is what that child had but I also don't agree with removing a special needs child from church.

It goes against everything Christianity is based on.
    I understood your post, and I agree with it, and your stance. Minus the "esp given that someone with cerebral palsy is not necessarily cognitive delayed so he could have gotten a great deal out of the service".

To me, it doesn't matter if a person is cognitively delayed or not, or getting something out of the service (according to another's view) or not.

How can anyone else know what I am getting out of a church service? Just because one is cognitively delayed, or appears to be a sleep, or silent during worship etc. doesn't mean that person isn't getting something out of the service. Just like just because someone sings loudly and screams hallelujah every two seconds doesn't mean they're getting a lot out of a service. Everyone is different, and it's not up to me (or the church pastor) to decide who is or isn't worthy of being at a church service.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    IOW, if I don't agree with you my opinion is worthless.
    Not sure what IOW is, but I never think anyone's opinion is worthless. Well, except for my ex bf's, or my boss on certain things at work, but that's a whole other subject.

We'll agree to disagree here, I'm too close to the issue to discuss it anymore, so off I go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Not sure what IOW is, but I never think anyone's opinion is worthless.
    IOW is "in other words".

vCash
    I can only base my view on my own personal experience. My son does not understand everything that occurs around him, comparing him to the children in his special needs soccer, he understands on many levels but moreso through copying others than from actual words spoken. He understand through action not just words.

He has difficulty understanding complex wording, problem solving, differentiating information so comparing his ability to a child with cerebral palsy without a cognitive delay there is a vast difference.

Yes both would get something out a church service however there is a difference simply on the ability to understand all elements of the service and being able to cognitively understand the information presented.

Now just simply going to a service does not equate to getting anything out of it disabled or not on that fact.. ICAM.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    For those interested, here's the pastor's take on the purpose of church.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wILP...e_gdata_player

It's somewhat typical of seeker church mentality--emphasis on evangelism and not ministry or discipleship.
    Scary!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123