I thought about putting in the PI forum, and it may need to go there.
Special Needs Boy Removed From Church Service
I have wondered how often & willing churches would send children out for being too rowdy during a church service, but I never thought they should consider it for a disabled child.
There were a number of things about this story that disturbed me, and not just from the standpoint of this family with the disabled child.
1) Why does the front of the church look like a Target store? Oh, yeah, it is your typical megachurch.
2) There is a story in the New Testament about a paralyzed man being lowered down from the roof by his friends while Jesus was preaching (Mark 2:1-12). Did Jesus send him away because he was a distraction? No, he healed him.
3) So the mother offered to start a ministry at the church for the disabled and the church's answer was no and "The church focuses on worship, not ministry." Well, there is your main problem right there.
4) "It is our goal at Elevation to offer a distraction-free environment for all our guests." People going to church are guests. Seriously?
5) And what else would be a distraction? Singing off-key? Well, I guess I am not welcomed there, either.
6) I think the mother gave up too quickly by being satisfied by being told that staff was going to receive training. I still would have gotten them the ADA complaint that I'm sure the staff training was a preemptive move against.