Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Meow. Mrow. Miao. Purrrr.
    vCash
    Natalia.... Maybe a good thing if she doesn't make the show this year. She'll just be better and healthier next year.

vCash
    Yes, sweetie, when the judges tell you too much angsty, it's a good time to pull out Requiem, which is music filled with sunshine and light.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is alexis trying to telepath to us that she likes ice dance so we support her?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Oh Yay, RFAD

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    RFAD ...ooohh

Tranquillo
    vCash
    We couldn't end Vegas without one Requiem for a Dream, could we?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Why does Alexis own so many of this same strange shirt?
    I was going to say the same thing!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I can't see Natalia getting into top twenty if she's newly diagnosed with diabetes. She may need to take some time to get that under control.

Not surprised Alexis was cut. The judges never seemed that impressed with her, even during her original audition.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    So Sasha and Natalia will obviously be the last two for one spot, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    So Sasha and Natalia will obviously be the last two for one spot, right?
    That's what I'm thinking. Like brothers Evan versus Ryan for the last spot a couple of seasons ago...
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Overall, I was pretty happy with the audition rounds this year. They were much better than they have been for at least the past two seasons. That might be because IMO at least, the dancers seem to be a high quality than they have been for the last few seasons. Right now, I have *really* high hopes for season eight. I wish it wasn't so contemporary-laden, but that's a small snark. With just a couple of exceptions, I'd be happy with just about any combination of the remaining dancers to make the show.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Alexis-nice technique, way too much squinting and fly catching. Chyna-I don't think I could have taken so much perk.

My husband is not spoiled and is not a dancer. He picked 7 of the top 10 girls and 3 of the top 10 boys.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Chyna annoyed me from the first second I saw her. I haven't watched the show-we have it tivo'd. Tell me she's gone....PLEASE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Chyna annoyed me from the first second I saw her. I haven't watched the show-we have it tivo'd. Tell me she's gone....PLEASE!
    Going, going......gone!

vCash
    meh on the segment with all the focus on an overweight dancer being followed by a WEIGHT WATCHERS commercial. guess who the sponser of this segment is... while they talk endlessly about, ... blah. tired of it. I mean I luved Natalie and sister dancing together, and her fire alone. Hope she gets her illness under control. I'm sure that will improve her life. I hope she sees the diagnosis as the day she started getting better. Cause that's what it is.

ALSO SUPER tired of speedy views of dancers who get rave reviews. um, show us THAT. hello! Audience of dance fans watching. like to see the DANCING. man! AND heads up for next year... PLEASE fewer criers. come on!
    Glad to see TRAVIS though. And ouch for bruised tail bone girl!

vCash
    I'm finally watching. I love Sasha. Love her. She had insane chemistry with The Professor. I haven't read spoilers so I have no clue who made it into the top 20, but I hope they both do.

I also really enjoy Natalia. She's a charmer and she made me get all sniffy.

Also loved Iveta, as usual. I have to say, though, the lack of ballroom dancers is painful. It's contemporary/jazz overload.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post

I would vote anyone through on any reality show, even if they were the worst performer ever, if they came up with another statement in place of "I want it so bad" whine.
    Never in my life have I read something so sad and depressing anywhere. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you've never felt that and wanted something that badly. It explains a lot about you. I'm sorry you've never gotten to experience something like that, I really am.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I can't believe they eliminated Patty Ann, Hero, Lady Whackadoodle and Irish Step girl in one fell swoop without letting us see them. They must have bombed, bad. (((((((Patty Ann & Irish Step Girl))))))

I love Natalia's personality and spirit. But I have seen dancers her size who are far batter technicians. They are definitely playing up the sister angle, which is annoying. Sasha is a fantastic dancer - but all the sister drama is actually making me tired of Sasha.

Happy to see Marietta girl is still there, even though we didn't see much of her tonight. Also Lil O. We saw Iveta a few times, but did we see her dance at all?

I'm a little surprised the 'Professor' is still there. We pretty much saw him in support roles, but he has nowhere near the extension needed for this show. I thought he was a contemporary dancer?

I'm really tired of Ryan but the judges seem determined to have her in the top 20 this season

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Does anyone know the song they used for the hip-hop portion? Mr. Twizz wants to know. Thanks!
    "Look At Me Now" by Chris Brown with a bunch of others. The segment they showcased was the Busta Rhymes section. But I strongly encourage you to check out Karmin's cover instead. (my internet is being cranky, but go to youtube. you'll be amazed)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Never in my life have I read something so sad and depressing anywhere. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you've never felt that and wanted something that badly. It explains a lot about you. I'm sorry you've never gotten to experience something like that, I really am.
    I'm going to say this only once: Knock off the personal crap or you are GONE.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I watched with a friend tonight so was unable to post, but as far as the Vegas episodes go, it was enjoyable, with the exception of the commercial breaks. I swear, it seemed like we watched 5 minutes of show, then 4 minutes of commercials, lather, rinse, and repeat. . I was also annoyed that they showed endless montages with itty-bitty clips of dancers rather than being able to see more complete routines.

that Irish Step girl was gone. Chyna, not so much. Also, did anyone else catch the short blip of that annoying-as-fcuk-all girl Amber get the boot? Glad to see her gone - if she'd made the final 20, I don't know if I'd have been able to watch the show.

for Melanie Martin aka Marietta Girl still in it, but I'm perplexed as to why we saw little to nothing of her tonight. Hopefully that isn't a bad omen as she is amazing.

Alexis has the technique, but she's lacking in the emotional fire and maturity at this point to make her dancing something outstanding. Also, I about peed myself laughing about how, after Nigel made the comment about the constant angsty look she has (and lack of variety of expression) when she dances, what does she do her final solo dance to but Lux Aeterna from RFAD?

About Natalia, I almost feel like they're trying to create another Donyelle type of personality for the show, but she's nowhere near as talented as Donyelle was. Despite her obvious joy and passion for dance, I highly doubt she'll make it past the Green Mile, but 5 will get you 10 that they've kept her in so the production weasels can have the sisters as the "final two" decision for the girls .

Lastly, I'd sell my soul to have Iveta's legs . That gal has some of the finest gams I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Cyn; 06-09-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    for Melanie Martin aka Marietta Girl still in it, but I'm perplexed as to why we saw little to nothing of her tonight. Hopefully that isn't a bad omen as she is amazing.
    Melanie Moore.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast