Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I will now declare my 8 year long hatred for the group round. It's not "So You Think You Can Choreograph". I don't see how this round shows anything. It shouldn't exist.

I will now not complain about it while it is happening.

vCash
    Interrupting this SYTYCD moment to say I hate that vacasway old navy commercial.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the word vacasway is punch inducing
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Interrupting this SYTYCD moment to say I hate that vacasway old navy commercial.
    Me 2

ETA I guess that'd be Me 3
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I will now declare my 8 year long hatred for the group round. It's not "So You Think You Can Choreograph". I don't see how this round shows anything. It shouldn't exist.

I will now not complain about it while it is happening.
    It's the dance equivalent of a stress interview. I think it's the closest to the "it's the 6th week of comp and you just got assigned a partner you don't like." test that they can do.

But it sux.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Is it just me or do these commercial breaks seem longer as the show goes on??

vCash
    After the penguins devour Mr. Popper's, I'll have them torture whoever came up with "vacasway."

I'm guessing that the choreography round is done to make sure they can do their own solos? I don't think Natalie is any bigger than Donyelle, or at least, not by much.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if she is too big for him to lift, could she lift him instead?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slicekw View Post
    It's the dance equivalent of a stress interview. I think it's the closest to the "it's the 6th week of comp and you just got assigned a partner you don't like." test that they can do.

But it sux.
    But again, these groups have a massive advantage if they have someone in their group who can choreograph. They will never have to choreograph for the rest of the show. I don't see why you would base so much on choreographing your own routine. I understand that they are trying to stress them out, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I'm guessing that the choreography round is done to make sure they can do their own solos? I don't think Natalie is any bigger than Donyelle, or at least, not by much.
    her outfit is not her friend. it makes her look like there is a goiter in her stomach.

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    But again, these groups have a massive advantage if they have someone in their group who can choreograph. They will never have to choreograph for the rest of the show. I don't see why you would base so much on choreographing your own routine. I understand that they are trying to stress them out, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
    Good point. I have wondered why they haven't done something like give them a clip of some number from a movie or play or previous SYTYCD and say "make this into a group number", which is at least a jumping off point.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Nigel loves these group round stress stuff. I think he thinks it makes for great TV drama since he does the same thing on AI.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Alexis is boring.

vCash
    I see it more as "Can you work with a bunch of random people and showcase everyone?" Whether it's a fully developed choreographed routine, or just properly executed steps, the groups that achieve cohesion usually go through.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Alexis would not have gotten this far if she was not Jeanine's sister.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Jeanine is a significantly better dancer than her sister.

vCash
    I think Alexis might be a better contemporary dancer if you look just at technique. But Jeanine is better at performance, different styles (from what was seen here), and has that charismatic look-at-me quality. Alexis, at least the way they're editing it, also seems to be whinier.

I love this music and this kitschy 60s choreo. It's so Austin Powers, in a good way.

vCash
    Adam is letting his hair go gray? He looks nice

vCash
    I don't understand why DC Chapman was upset.
    Er, not loving this routine, but the judges seem to love it.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i am still annoyed that robin Antin gets to speak

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast