Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    NICK!!!!!! Obviously he has done way more than the tap that he's slotted into. He rocks!! And Christopher Scott rocks!! Wow wow wow! loved the tap duet (er....Nick went from the only person in his style to being 1 of 6 who can tap, yea!), and the mean's piece was phenomenal. Really hope we see more of his work this season

Yea SYTYCD!!!
    Yes, Nick seems to have a Broadway-style training similar to Jess'. He was the guy in the back left corner doing the a la seconde turns/pirouettes/double tour en l'air behind Jess toward the end of the men's group number. He was also with the group of hip hop dancers doing the floor work at the beginning of that number. He seems to be one of the most versatile dancers they've had in a while.

ETA: link to men's group number

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyGray View Post
    Yes, Nick seems to have a Broadway-style training similar to Jess'. He was the guy in the back left corner doing the a la seconde turns/pirouettes/double tour en l'air behind Jess toward the end of the men's group number. He was also with the group of hip hop dancers doing the floor work at the beginning of that number. He seems to be one of the most versatile dancers they've had in a while.
    ^ this was what I noticed most - he has lovely technique but can do hip hop convincingly as well. I wonder how his ballroom skillz are, because everything else seems very high level. I can't wait to see what he can do each week.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Nick's A Tap/Jazz/ballet/mother owned a studio kid. Also he took a year and pretty much studied what ever he could so yeah he's trained. He took gymnastics as well.

vCash
    Nick's bio is here. What I found most interesting is the amount of performing experience he has. Unless he has a brain freeze, he's probably a lock for Top 10.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Nick's bio is here. What I found most interesting is the amount of performing experience he has. Unless he has a brain freeze, he's probably a lock for Top 10.
    He wants to dance with Allison. Make this happen show!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Nick's A Tap/Jazz/ballet/mother owned a studio kid. Also he took a year and pretty much studied what ever he could so yeah he's trained. He took gymnastics as well.
    Ah, he must be the guy who was identified in the spoilers as the "ballet dancer." It sounds like he has broad training. I'm suprised Nigel hasn't pimped him. A midwestern kid who has that versatility and is a jock? Nigel's dream come true. I'd think that Nigel would see him as the second coming of Kent.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Ah, he must be the guy who was identified in the spoilers as the "ballet dancer." It sounds like he has broad training. I'm suprised Nigel hasn't pimped him. A midwestern kid who has that versatility and is a jock? Nigel's dream come true. I'd think that Nigel would see him as the second coming of Kent.
    Nick seems to lack one thing that Kent had in spades (thank heavens): the irritation factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Ah, he must be the guy who was identified in the spoilers as the "ballet dancer."
    I thought that was Alexander Fost. He's a ballet dancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I thought that was Alexander Fost. He's a ballet dancer.
    Did they show his audition? I don't remember a male ballet dancer's audition. Maybe I missed it. Watch, someone will tell me that he did a sexy dance as a firefighter.

vCash
    No, they didn't show his audition. I'd have remembered. I think we just got to know him on the Green Mile.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Speaking of ballet dancers, Nigel tweeted that Alex Wong wasn't ready to compete when the show started but he hopes
    Alex will be able to be an all star.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Speaking of ballet dancers, Nigel tweeted that Alex Wong wasn't ready to compete when the show started but he hopes
    Alex will be able to be an all star.
    I would think it's an insurance issue. Without full medical clearance, it would be very risky. I doubt Nigel wants to be known as the one who "ruined Alex forever."
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Do we have any news of pairings for this week?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213