Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blergh
    vCash
    And to be fair to judgejudy27, the judges agreed. Now whether you believe B/K's results were politically-motivated is up to you, but I can't think of a major competition where I believed they should have won where they didn't.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Third or fourth place at the world championships is hardly "3rd or 4th rate skaters" in the grand scheme of things. I think you're arguing against a claim that judgejudy27 never made.
    Third or 4th place is where they often placed and in my mind that is where I thought they were rated in the eyes of the judges. It did not mean that I thought they were skaters who didn't have the goods to place in top 10 for most of their competitions. Perhaps if I'd added the "d" after rate in my sentence it might have changed the tone/understanding of it? If so, my bad - my brain knew what I was trying to say ... too bad my writing doesn't just translate direct from my brain. I never meant to imply that jj27 claimed that B&K were less than a team deserving to be in top 10 - her post cleared showed that she felt they got the marks they deserved.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234