Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    NBC Wins Olympic TV Rights through 2020. NBC wins Olympic TV rights through 2020Broadcaster lands rights in deal for four games
    Boooo! That means a lot of coverage on Universal Sports and many of us don't have access.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Boooo! That means a lot of coverage on Universal Sports and many of us don't have access.
    I'm with you on that one! I'm hoping my annoying requests will finally get me Universal Sprots by 2012.

vCash
    I'm going to have to redouble my "annoying requests" as well; since I don't have access either!

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Tara talks too much, imo.
    But at least talks about the skaters on the ice and not "back when I was skating" a la Scott Hamilton. It is horrible. I say give Tara a shot too!

vCash
    If it's any consolation, even those of us with Universal Sports didn't see any additional Olympic sports events on UnivSports even from Vancouver. Universal Sports only showed preview/fluff and post-event shows, such as that awful "Figure Skating Preview & Review Show" done totally from a desk in a studio (unlike the wonderful "Olympic Ice" from the Palavella Arena in Torino 2006). At least CBS (in the 1992, 94 & 98 Winter Games) used its affiliate stations like TBS to air programs by lower-ranked skaters who would not make it to the prime-time telecast on CBS.

re. Announcers: Count me as another Tara admirer. I also loved the commentaries by Judi Blumberg and, yes, Peter Carruthers during the recent 2011 Worlds telecasts on UnivSports.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    ITA. I would pay money for a device that muted her and allowed me to still hear the music.

And, too often, she is talking about herself. "When I was competing...."

vCash
    Having worked for athens 2004, I would say stuff was ready before the games and not so last minute but media were drama queens, unless some of you came and slept in a camping or something. I m not saying they were China ready but Greece is a size of a China poo. Ok maybe I m being sentimental but it was a huge effort from even simple people and volunteers to accommodate and make everyones butt happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Tara & Terry -- I like it!
    Like Tery and Candy Candy!

vCash
    And it's still not HD. Hopefully now that NBC won this bid there'll be extra incentive to make it so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    But at least talks about the skaters on the ice and not "back when I was skating" a la Scott Hamilton. It is horrible. I say give Tara a shot too!
    Tara was actually fine last year. I noticed that this year she is talking more...without saying a whole lot. This is not to say that other commentators don't do the same thing.
    They should all STFU a little.

Sparks, skatesindreams and others who want to join are developing 'The Annoying Cabal'. I will take it to the streets if I have to!

vCash
    Tara was actually fine last year. I noticed that this year she is talking more...
    Exactly. She is even beginning to ramble a bit which is somewhat disappointing given that I really liked her when she started out. At one point, she knew the balance between sharing interesting information and staying quiet. Everything she said added to the viewer's knowledge of what was going on (w/exception of the KIAs, of course).

I'm concerned that if she DOES get hired and starts doing commentary for the NBC network, she'll turn into a young version of Bezic.

vCash

I completely agree

She is actually pretty mean. She does give insight to a skaters personal story (mentioning changes in technique etc) but she is pretty rough on skaters. I do like that she pulls no punches like talking about how slow Rachel Flall skates but she also can be too rough. And yes, she does talk too much during the performance. I dont get the feeling that she really likes anyones skating very much.

I MISS DICK BUTTON!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Comcast is the majority owner and thus makes the final decisions for NBC Universal. Additionally, GE will be giving up more and more of it's minority stock in the next few years.
    But the point I was replying to was that GE was a former owner, which I pointed out was incorrect at the present moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    i'm really hoping munich prevails. excuse for the term but frack (can't type the actual word here) new frontiers argument if that's all they have going for them. i'm really hoping sporting traditions prevail rather than something else.
    I share your sentiment. But I would be very surprised if the IOC did not award it to South Korea. This is South Korea's third consecutive bid for the Winter games and there seems to be a desire to spread the games around. I'd much rather see it in a country with a tradition and passion for many winter sports, hence my preference for Germany this time. South Korea has many top short track speed skaters and of course Yuna, but what about skiing, bobsled, luge, ski jumping, hockey, etc...? I really wonder if those events will be filled.

Comansnala?
    vCash

NBC wins Olys...again

Does this mean this "he-cannot-concede-it-to-Timothy-Goebel"-Scott-Hamilton once AGAIN???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post

Like Terry and Candy Candy!
    Hmmm... are you talking about this Candy Candy ?

http://www.candyterry.com/ctparadise3.jpg

I love this anime !!!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by temujin View Post
    I share your sentiment. But I would be very surprised if the IOC did not award it to South Korea. This is South Korea's third consecutive bid for the Winter games and there seems to be a desire to spread the games around. I'd much rather see it in a country with a tradition and passion for many winter sports, hence my preference for Germany this time. South Korea has many top short track speed skaters and of course Yuna, but what about skiing, bobsled, luge, ski jumping, hockey, etc...? I really wonder if those events will be filled.
    paris failed for 1992/2008/2012 2012 being the most painful. detroit failed 7 straight times if i'm not mistaken, swedish WOG bids were rejected six straight times. it can happen. not saying it will but it has happened. there's a precedence.

vCash
    Bleh, I was hoping for ABC

vCash
    ^ Same here! We are lucky to have access to Universal Sports, but I still have always preferred ABC's skating & Olympic coverage to NBC's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234