Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Johnny Galecki! I love, love, love The Big Bang Theory. For me, Bialik didn't rise to the level of Emmy worthy.
    IMO, it's Jim Parsons who really brings the funny on BBT. He is fantastic in that role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    IMO, it's Jim Parsons who really brings the funny on BBT. He is fantastic in that role.
    That is true, and he definitely deserved his Emmy and Globe wins last year. I just have a weeny crush soft spot for Galecki

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    It just bugs me that he's nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. He wasn't funny.
    The show he is on is classified as a comedy so he will always be nominated within the comedy category. His acting does not have to be comedic, he was just the best supporting actor in the comedies that year according to the voters. They may have voted for him because he was able to pull off drama and comedy as he did have lines now and then that were funny.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Loved to see Johnny Galecki finally get some love for Big Bang Theory, but no Mayim Byalik? She's hilarious on that show! Has to be one of the best comebacks in recent years.
    And she actually has the same degree as her character- a doctorate in neuroscience. She actually understands all the lines she says. That deserves an Emmy all by itself. Her Erdős–Bacon number is seven! And I'm prettier than her, so she's my favourite actress.

Yay Cat Deely and Martha Plimpton! Those are the two nominations I was cheering for.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Which is why we wind up stuck with James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Ellen Pompeo, Evangeline Lilly, Matthew Fox, Michael C. Hall, Kyra Sedgewick, Alec Baldwin, Steve Carrell, and so on and so forth being nominated year after year after year .

Fox was nominated only once (for the final season of Lost) and Lilly has never been nominated for an Emmy.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Boardwalk Empire lapped up the Schemmys last night ... wonder if this is foreshadowing a Best Drama upset over Mad Men?

Justin Timberlake won two last night, for his SNL hosting -- comedy guest actor and song -- and counting his Dick in a Box Emmy he's already got three. Betty White had better watch her back.

OTOH, Gweneth Paltrow bested Cheno and Dot Jones for the comedy guest actress Emmy.

Deadliest Catch over Hoarders for reality program! Far less shocking: Reality Host = Jeff Probst, Survivor.

Guest Actress In A Comedy Series | Gwyneth Paltrow, Glee
    Guest Actor In A Comedy Series | Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live
    Guest Actress In A Drama Series | Loretta Devine, Grey’s Anatomy
    Guest Actor In A Drama Series | Paul McCrane, Harry’s Law

vCash
    Loretta Devine was very good, but I have a hard time with her beating Julia Styles here. I'm not even a Styles fan, but she's was stellar on Dexter this season.

I think we all knew that Paltrow was going to win, but I have to call wuzrobbed for Dot Jones.

Mia Michaels took Choreography again.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Blergh
    vCash
    Honestly though, Dot Jones' material didn't showcase her acting while Gwyneth Paltrow's episode was basically a love letter to her the way Chenoweth's episode was last season. I still think Chenoweth would have walked away with her Emmy if it wasn't for the Betty White lovefest that was going on last year. I'm a huge fan of Cheno but she was wasted in her episode this season.

Apparently, Jane Lynch is the favorite for the Emmy this year despite Sue having an uneven season because Sofia Vegara picked a bad episode to submit (two years in a row!) and her biggest competition (Kristen Wiig) chose the SNL episode where Jane Lynch hosted which shows Lynch's comedic skills off.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I know it's a massive long shot but I would love to see Friday Night Lights win something next weekend. Long live the underdogs!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Mia Michaels took Choreography again.
    So did NappyTabs. I guess it's like a law that Mia gets an Emmy and then they pick a second person to share with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Apparently, Jane Lynch is the favorite for the Emmy this year despite Sue having an uneven season because Sofia Vegara picked a bad episode to submit (two years in a row!) and her biggest competition (Kristen Wiig) chose the SNL episode where Jane Lynch hosted which shows Lynch's comedic skills off.
    Hmmm, Wiig as favorite means all but one of the SA gals are getting mention as possible winners. Most "experts" I've read who don't pick Lynch are settling on Julie Bowen, a few still in Vergara's camp, and others are warning not to count out the Emmy prowess of Betty White.

Meanwhile, nobody is talking about the "other" Jane - Krakowski - and this is a perfect set-up for one of those from left field upsets. Even though I "called" Sophia's Emmy months ago and would still that ... I'd love to see Jane K win this after years of kudos with no payoff. Jane K is just as deserving as the other women, and she submitted a pretty strong episode for her ... question is would voters penchant for rewarding the longshot be able to overcome the cartoonish absurdity that is 30 Rock (and Jane's episode pushes that even further!) and the headstarts the other four have? Probably not, but I'd for it.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    OTOH, Gweneth Paltrow bested Cheno and Dot Jones for the comedy guest actress Emmy.
    is right (not sure which one it is, but there's a thread from OTBT -- maybe the Oscar nominations thread? -- that has all kinds of Paltrow dissing). I loved it.

Deadliest Catch over Hoarders for reality program!
    Not only is it a great show, but this season took "reality" TV to a very real level when Captain Phil Harris died

Far less shocking: Reality Host = Jeff Probst, Survivor.
    Cat Deeley wuzrobbed!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I know it's a massive long shot but I would love to see Friday Night Lights win something next weekend. Long live the underdogs!
    Damn straight. I spend a good part of my Freshman year drooling from afar over Kyle Chandler in the Drama Building at UGA. Hopefully he won't be overlooked by the voters.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    *BUMP*!!!!

It's Emmy Night!

Anyone wanna give share their predix and/or wishlist?

My $.02:

Drama: I'd like Game of Thrones, but I'm gonna go with a Mad Men vs. Boardwalk battle to the death......

Comedy: Big Bang Theory (The *BEST* ensemble comedy since vintage "Friends"!)

Actor, Drama: Kyle Chandler (IMHO, they wanna give "FNL" something and this might be a good way, by honoring the journeyman.......)

Actress, Drama: Julianna Margulies

Actor, Comedy: Jim Parsons (But for some reason, I'm sensing a Louis C. K. upset......)

Actress, Comedy: I'd love Poehler or Plimpton, but I'm guessing Linney.......

Sup Actor, Drama: Betwixt Cumming or Dinklage

Sup Actress, Drama: TOTAL TOSS-UP!

Sup Actor, Comedy: I want Colfer, but Burrell and Ferguson seem likely

Sup Actress, Comedy: Should be Wiig all the way, Vergara is a wee-bit over rated, IMHO, the BEST lady on "MF" is Julie Bowen.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-18-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Blergh
    vCash
    This is what this pundit has tot say:

http://boomer.awardsheaven.net/

I don't think there's anyway Steve Carrell is going to lose this year. He's never won, and he submitted his farewell episode.

I want Laura Linney to win the Emmy because her pilot episode was absolutely brilliant.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am rooting for Dinklage the most. Oh, and Betty White even though I am sure Lynch will win.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If Margo Martindale doesn't win supporting actress in a drama series, I hope she gives a glass of Mag's apple shine to every voter who didn't vote for her. She was riveting in Justified this season. Hands down best TV villain ever. Brilliant portrayal.

I know it's a long shot for Walton Goggins (also in Justified) but he is so over due between Justified and The Shield. Fantastic actor. And Timothy Oliphant is
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Margo Martindale is the only one I really, really want to win. The other categories each have a couple of people that I'd be okay with winning. It's a shame though because it's such a strong category and really any of the women would be deserving winners. I think it's going to boil down to Martindale and McDonald, but if they split the votes, I think Punjabi or even Forbes could sneak in and nab a win. I'm hoping the fact that Martindale has been around forever and has gotten few accolades will play in her favor kind of like Melissa Leo at the Oscars last year.

Laura Linney, should, in my opinion, win tonight. I like Amy Poehler, but she didn't come close to Linney for me. Plimpton is also good, but I just think other than Linney, it was a weak category this year.

I'd kind of like to see Dinklage take home the prize for supporting actor. I always root for Michael C. Hall, but I'm assuming John Hamm will finally take home the prize since Breaking Bad was ineligible this year and I'm fine with that. I think Timothy Olyphant is also very deserving, but Emmy's generally work in retrograde, so I'm assuming Hamm will win based on the three previous losses.

Mad Men had a really good season, so I think a win would be deserved. I actually prefer Game of Thrones to Boardwalk Empire, but if anyone upsets Mad Men, I assume it will be Boardwalk Empire.

I don't want Betty White to win. I love her, but I don't like that show at all. I'd really rather Sofia Vergara win, but she didn't submit a good episode, so it seems like the chances of that are low. I think Jane Lynch picked the best episode she could have chosen from last season.

I'd personally rather Mireille Enos win over Juliana Margulies, but I don't see that happening. I just really, really hope that Kathy Bates doesn't pull of an upset. I think she's good on Harry's Law, but not on the level of the other nominees and also not of Katie Segal who should have been nominated.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-18-2011 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    ^ A question: Where can one find the list of episodes submitted for consideration? I'm guessing the official Emmy website?

vCash
    The link Viet provided has the episodes submitted.

vCash
    Linney is pitch perfect in everything I've ever seen her in (although, poor thing, she ended up with "Frasier"), and my early support of her was based on that knowledge. However, with Showtime's "customer appreciation" 3-month Showtime freebie (thanks, Showtime! ), I've viewed the entire Big C first season, and I can legitimately testify (can I get an Amen?!) that Laura is amazing in that role.

Heavy, heavy, heavy subject matter, of course, but LL makes me laugh throughout.* This mix would be a disaster in the hands of a lesser actress; but, Linney makes it soar. I've seen the nominated episodes of the other favored actresses. Goddess Fey was okay and Poehler and Plimpton were outstanding (hopefully they'll each win in the next couple/three years), but I think that Linney's work was extraordinary.

*Her excellent costars Oliver Pratt, Gabby Sidibe, Cynthia Nixon, and John Benjamin Hickey also deftly walk the comedy/heavy drama. JBH's nomination went to one of the frigging Modern Family guys. Frigging MH overkill.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast