Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Chris Colfer's nomination is just as puzzling to me as his nomination (and win) was for the comedy category. I know Glee Season 2 was "The Year of Kurt", but much of his storlyline was angst-ridden, not funny. Very bizarre placement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    It's about freaking time that show got all the recognition it deserved, though I actually think the show was better in earlier seasons.
    Yeah, I haven't been watching much this season because it doesn't grab me any more. The whole story line with Julie and the prof/TA was so cliche!

for Mireille Enos and Michelle Forbes for The Killing, and for The Good Wife, and especially for Idris Elba.
    Creating drama!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy
    Chris Colfer, Glee
    Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
    Ed O'Neill, Modern Family
    Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
    Ty Burrell, Modern Family
    Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
    Why is Jon Cryer nominated in the supporting category? Haven't Cryer and Sheen been co-leads of their show?

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    The Good Wife - nominations for Margulies, Panjabi & Cumming They've been absolutely outstanding. Surprised but happily so to see nearly the whole cast in there!
    No love for Christine Baranski and Josh Charles' nominations??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Friday Night Lights!!!
    Mad Men MM is the new Sopranos (IOW, I'm tired of hearing about it all the time and the eleventy-billion nominations for the show every year )
    Dexter - see Mad Men
    The Good Wife….I tried to like this. But I didn't.
    We are HBO-less/NetFlixless, and therefore have not seen Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones

Dramatic Women……….. - there's some really good competition in this category (plus a couple of duds IMO).

I'd like to see Connie Britton win after being snubbed time and again and finally being nominated last year, only to lose out to freaking Kyra Sedgewick . Of course, a good argument could be made that being paid for a job that requires snogging sessions with Kyle Chandler is better than any Emmy ).

Kathy Bates' acting is damn near perfection on Harry's Law. The show itself is a bit "Eh" IMO, but the character of Harry is well thought-out, well-written, layered, nuanced, conflicted, and complex, and I don't think any actress other than KB could portray her this well. Her acting in HL is so amazing that I am willing to endure 60 minutes of 1) torrential downpours of LL political anvils, and 2) Harry's closing arguments, during which she inevitably is 'suddenly' inspired to preach Stentorian from the Mount in order to recap that week's lesson in Progressive ideology (just in case the anvils missed anyone). But I digress….

Julianna Margulies is alright, but even years later, I just can't fully forget her stint as whiny Carol Hathaway on ER. Elizabeth Moss is okay, but I'm tired of the endless Mad Men gushfest. I know nothing about Mireille Enos or The Killing and thus have no opinion.

Perhaps there is a god, after all, because Kyra Sedgewick and her borderline criminal assault on Southern ears with that pathetic Atlantan accent did not get nominated (or was The Closer finally put out of its misery, making a nomination an impossibility? Whatever the reason, she didn't make the cut, and that's fine with me.

What it boils down to for Lead Actress/Drama, as long as the boring-ass, the shits-chocolate-and-rainbows, the all-knowing and all-understanding, the cries tears-of-dewdrops Saint Oliska (can you tell I'm not much of an Olivia Benson/Mariska Hargitay fan? ) doesn't win, I'll be okay with the results. FTR, I don't have a problem with MH the Person. OTOH, MH the Actor, especially Detective Benson (and what the plot weasels at NBC and in turn MH have done to the character), I loathe. Det. Benson has changed from an edgy, tough but cool SVU cop to a ridiculous Mary Sue caricature that's not even unintentionally funny - it's cringeworthy.

Who should have been nominated but wasn't? Katey Sagal in Sons of Anarchy

Dramatic Men……….. A tighter field of talent than the Women IMO.

Kyle Chandler must win for BA - he's been fan-fcuking-tastic every episode, every season. There is a bit of a bias there, however, as I used to see him in the Drama building every day my Freshman year at UGA and had a terrible crush on him from afar (if he ever did notice me, it was likely along the lines of "who is that weirdo with the mohawk and why is she staring at me all the time? ).

If KC doesn't win, Steve Buscemi then, please. Or Hugh Laurie, simply because he's been robbed over and over and over in seasons past. I haven't watched House this season, though, so I have no idea if his performances are Emmy-worthy. While I'm not sure if the role is considered Lead or Supporting, I'm a bit surprised that Christopher McDonald didn't get any type of nod for Harry's Law as he is freaking FABULOUS as the sleazy, arrogant, ambulance-chasing lawyer/nemesis harboring UST with Harry.

I'm completely over the likes of Mad Men, Dexter, The Office, 30 Rock, Glee, and Modern Family and wish these shows would go the way of the dodo (*ducks*). These shows are all starting to suffer from The Sopranos/Six Feet Under/LOST/West Wing Syndrome. During those shows' runs, other shows that were just as good if not light years better were shut out, snubbed, patronized by being given some crap award like "Best Costume Button Sewing." or outright sacrificed in favor of the juggernaut of big network powerhouses. Give a comedy like Community its due, dammit!! The drama Sons of Anarchy? Recognize!! .

BTW, how many awards will Temple Grandin win this year?
    Last edited by Cyn; 07-15-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    How is Cloris Leachman a guest star on Raising Hope? She is part of the cast and in every episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Chris Colfer's nomination is just as puzzling to me as his nomination (and win) was for the comedy category. I know Glee Season 2 was "The Year of Kurt", but much of his storlyline was angst-ridden, not funny. Very bizarre placement.
    I don't understand it either. I also don't get the Jane Lynch love - Sue Sylvester makes me wish I owned a gun.

I'm disappointed in the lack of Community and Cougar Town. Not too surprised by the lack of True Blood (though yay for Alfre Woodard) but I am surprised that Denis O'Hare didn't get recognition for his role as Russell Edgington. He was fantastic!!

Happy Cat Deeley was finally nominated. Surprised at the lack of Neil Patrick Harris. HIMYM hasn't been as great lately, but NPH always brings it with Barney.

Loved to see Johnny Galecki finally get some love for Big Bang Theory, but no Mayim Byalik? She's hilarious on that show! Has to be one of the best comebacks in recent years.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I'm just very happy Parks and Recreation finally got nominated - LOVE that show!

vCash
    So happy about FNL and Cat Deeley! All richly deserved.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I've been out of the house all day long and didn't get back till fairly late tonight, so missed the Nomination announcment.

So beyond happy for Cat, as it's about freaking time!!! YES!!!

That Leading Lady in a Miniseries or Movie is pretty packed w/talent.

Happy for all of the FNL fans out there. Sad it's only now the show, which I've heard so much about, but could never seem to be able to find it anywhere, gets nominated for the Final Season. I wish I did, as I love Kyle Chandler, as I wish I had a good feeling for all of you on Emmy night, but I believe sadly you'll have the same experience we Star Trek : TNG fans had when the show and Patrick Stewart got nominated for the biggies finally for the last season and....

I really hope that's not the case for all of you though and will be rooting on the FNL gang Emmy night!!!

vCash
    Game of Thrones should have gotten a nomination for music which is outstanding and even more actor nominations. The actors there are terrific.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Loved to see Johnny Galecki finally get some love for Big Bang Theory, but no Mayim Byalik? She's hilarious on that show! Has to be one of the best comebacks in recent years.
    Johnny Galecki! I love, love, love The Big Bang Theory. For me, Bialik didn't rise to the level of Emmy worthy.

As far as Mad Men being over the hill, just watch "The Suitcase". Season 4 was uneven as hell, but that episode was phenomenal and I'm thrilled Elisabeth Moss got herself a nomination.

Love Modern Family but that supporting actor category is ludicrous (but yay Jesse Tyler Ferguson!). The Emmys really, really needs an ensemble award.

The nominations for Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch are just incumbent nominations. Once you get nominated and especially when you win, it's not as hard to get nominated again. I doubt Lynch will repeat her win - she had nothing interesting to do in Season 2.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Johnny Galecki! I love, love, love The Big Bang Theory. For me, Bialik didn't rise to the level of Emmy worthy.
    I've still yet to watch The Big Bang Theory, but I've had ookoodles of people say it's and I should check it out. For me, Johnny Galecki will always be David Healy, Darlene's p*whipped boyfriend on Roseanne . I've seen him in a few other shows (Rusty/Russ in Christmas Vacation, Rusty (Russ) Griswold v3.0 in Christmas Vacation, Trouty on My Boys), the little kid in Prancer

Love Modern Family but that supporting actor category is ludicrous (but yay Jesse Tyler Ferguson!). The Emmys really, really needs an ensemble award.
    I completely agree. Over the years, there have been many well done, entertaining shows whose success was largely due to the entire cast working together as one entity. Those seem to be overlooked in favor of shows with one (sometimes two) dominant character who for the most part carries the entire show, with the purpose of the supporting cast being more or less to serve/enhance the star. There should definitely be an Ensemble Cast Emmy for TV series in which the sum of its parts makes the show work (Battlestar Galactica, anyone?).

The nominations for Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch are just incumbent nominations. Once you get nominated and especially when you win, it's not as hard to get nominated again. I doubt Lynch will repeat her win - she had nothing interesting to do in Season 2.
    Which is why we wind up stuck with James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Ellen Pompeo, Evangeline Lilly, Matthew Fox, Michael C. Hall, Kyra Sedgewick, Alec Baldwin, Steve Carrell, and so on and so forth being nominated year after year after year .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I've still yet to watch The Big Bang Theory, but I've had ookoodles of people say it's and I should check it out. For me, Johnny Galecki will always be David Healy, Darlene's p*whipped boyfriend on Roseanne
    Galecki pretty pretty plays the role the same way, I don't think he has very many layers as an actor. His annoying habit of cocking his head back and squinting his eyes ALL THE TIME really bothers me. He could be replaced on the show and I wouldn't care.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Wow! I just realized Matt LeBlanc received a nomination for his work in "Episodes." I really like the show but did not realize anyone was watching. I do wish his two British costars were recognized but Modern Family seems to own the supporting comedy supporting categories. Maybe the next Golden Globes....

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Cyn, I agree about SOA, but since Justified got 4 noms, I'm hoping SOA will get it's recognition next season. All 4 Justified nominations were totally deserved and Margo Martindale absolutely deserves to win. She was perfect in the role. Graham Yost really deserves a production and writing nomination. I'm hoping Elmore Leonard will write a couple episodes next season like he did this time. SOA and Justified are two of my favorite shows.

I tried watching Big Bang Theory and thought it was stupid. I never watched a second episode.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    All 4 Justified nominations were totally deserved and Margo Martindale absolutely deserves to win.
    Oh come on, you know you wanted to say that those nominations were...justified.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Cyn, I agree about SOA, but since Justified got 4 noms, I'm hoping SOA will get it's recognition next season. All 4 Justified nominations were totally deserved and Margo Martindale absolutely deserves to win. She was perfect in the role. Graham Yost really deserves a production and writing nomination. I'm hoping Elmore Leonard will write a couple episodes next season like he did this time. SOA and Justified are two of my favorite shows.

I tried watching Big Bang Theory and thought it was stupid. I never watched a second episode.
    I think I would rather be a good character actress like Margo with staying power even as she ages than some young starlet that is here today gone tomorrow. Margo was terrific and scary and I too hope she wins.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Oh come on, you know you wanted to say that those nominations were...justified.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I've still yet to watch The Big Bang Theory, but I've had ookoodles of people say it's and I should check it out. For me, Johnny Galecki will always be David Healy, Darlene's p*whipped boyfriend on Roseanne . I've seen him in a few other shows (Rusty/Russ in Christmas Vacation, Rusty (Russ) Griswold v3.0 in Christmas Vacation, Trouty on My Boys), the little kid in Prancer
    I knew about the premise of Big Bang Theory but never watched an episode. Then a couple of weeks ago I caught one on accident and was surprised how funny it was. I believe BBT is going into syndication this fall, so I might just catch up on the series then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    It just bugs me that he's nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. He wasn't funny.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast