Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Timothy Goebel 2006

Hello,

I am sorry if this is the wrong thread but i was wondering if anyone had clips of Tim Goebel's 2006 nationals short and long. I believe that was the year he worked with Tatiana Tarasova. I loved the night on bald mountain free. It was actually his best in my mind.

Thanks

vCash
    I love Tim Goebel as a person, but he was looking heavy that year.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    So I guess that means you don't have any clips.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    And do you know him personnaly ?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Classy

Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I meant his skating looked heavy. I wasn't referring to his waistline. And yes I know him through my best friend.

Just me
    vCash
    And yes I know him through my best friend.
    So perhaps you CAN get a clip from him for arakwafan2006.

vCash

I love you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    So perhaps you CAN get a clip from him for arakwafan2006.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I still cant believe that his last year of skating is nowhere to be found on Youtube. AHHHHHHHHHH.

vCash
    I meant his skating looked heavy. I wasn't referring to his waistline. And yes I know him through my best friend.
    I actually thought that tarasova lightened him up. Jazzy short and character themed long. Well, he was protraying a demon lol. Tarasova has dark tastes and i love it.

Did anyone else notice how both Tim and Evan copy Michelle Kwan to T? From her music choices, to her coach, Lori. Evan of course went couture/high fashion. Michelle might have left her mark on more men than women in the sport. Just an observation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Did anyone else notice how both Tim and Evan copy Michelle Kwan to T? From her music choices, to her coach, Lori. Evan of course went couture/high fashion. Michelle might have left her mark on more men than women in the sport. Just an observation.
    That is a great observation. It's funny but none of the American women look obviously influenced by her skating, but we know she inspired them. Tim and Evan do seem like they really emulated her in ways!

I feel, though I don't have real concrete detail to point to, Kwan had influence on the style of Arakawa and Suguri. The styles they developed are not so much reminiscent of prior Japanese skaters. Suguri seemed to want to capture something of Kwan or represent Kwanism. I think Salome is imprinted in some way in the style Arakawa tried to exhibit. I suspect Kwan influenced the Japanese ladies' basic ideas of presentation, particularly when they were first developing into a power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    So I guess that means you don't have any clips.
    I guess not.

But someone else does......

Goebel 2006 SP

Goebel 2006 LP

vCash
    Was gonna upload them, but looks like someone else already did!
    Last edited by steve skater; 06-23-2011 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Edit

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I guess not.

Goebel 2006 SP

Goebel 2006 LP
    Very cool!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I guess not.

Goebel 2006 SP

Goebel 2006 LP
    i think i love you! WOW. Thanks for this so much. Tarasova really tried to give him a fresh look. I love that when tatiana choreographs for skaters, she really pushes them. The only thing is that it falls short at times (steps/energy) because from what i read, NO ONE trains your program like Tatiana. The skaters that she works with every day seem like they know their programs like the back of their hands. Timothy was a guy who dancing wise had two left feet. This program though even gave him energy though. Great work Tatiana. ( i was referencing the short.)

What killed Tim was the new scoring system, especially in the spins. The inside sit spin was not attractive. Of course, leaving Frank (who fired who?) was not a good move for him. The axel technique he learned was flawed but frank knew how to make it consistent. Audrey W. probably looked at changing it and that along with a whole new scoring system just was a little too much for an old school, olDER injured slater to do.

BTW, i do wish that Tim took a page from Kwan on his costuming. This thing he wore for the free skate looks dreadful. I could just imaging what Michael Kors and Nina Garcia would say.
    Last edited by arakwafan2006; 06-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    What killed Tim was the new scoring system, ....
    Is he dead?

I think it was more that the 6.0 system gave him the benefit of the doubt with it's emphasis on the jumps. He was a stiff skater and compared to skaters like Lambiel, Weir and Buttle they showed up his lack of pliability and natural musicality.

That is not to say that I didn't like Tim as a skater. I really enjoyed his 2002 Olympics performances. But you do have to call it as you see it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Tim pretty much lost his quads and his 3A after 2002. He no longer had the weapons that put him head and shoulders above most of his competitors. It wasn't the IJS that did in his career but the lost of his technical abilities.

The programs that TT gave Tim and Evan were craps. They wasted their money on her.

vCash

good point...not

T
    Last edited by arakwafan2006; 06-24-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: whoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The programs that TT gave Tim and Evan were craps. They wasted their money on her.
    I KNOW!!!! It even kept Evan from winning his world title that year. Terrible decision. Oh and Dick Button sounded like he just wanted to puke at the sight of Tim's short program. wast-o- dollars...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Tim pretty much lost his quads and his 3A after 2002. He no longer had the weapons that put him head and shoulders above most of his competitors. It wasn't the IJS that did in his career but the lost of his technical abilities.

Really?? Didn't he come close to Plush with a silver medal at '03 Worlds, skating an SP and LP w/ Quads? Some have argued here on this board that he actually outskated Plush there...

vCash
    AFAIR, Tim's 2003 programs at Worlds were both great. During the GP in the 03/04, he was 2nd at NHK to Jeff Buttle., went and at some point after the LP, (the gala?) tripped over his skate guards and reinjued himself. He showed up at TEB in a neck brace, looking like a turtle, and didn't skate.

After that, it was pretty much down hill, with a brief flurry of excellence, skating his 2005 US Nationals SP in honor of Angela Nikodinov's mother, who had just died in a car wreck in which Angela was injured, and was therefore unable to skate.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2005/01/g...-us-nationals/

He dropped to second in the LP
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2005/01/w...erfect-scores/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast