Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw Common Room
    Posts
    1,908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    This is why some people should never own pets

    A woman is bragging on her blog that all her family ever gets are stupid or violent dogs. So they dump them at shelters and then go get another puppy. And when they don't train the puppy to be an obedient dog, it's another trip to the shelter. WHY do people like this even bother getting animals if they aren't responsible enough to care for the animal?? If you're not a dog person, DON'T GET A DOG!!!

    http://dawnsramblings.posterous.com/...ell-screw-that

  2. #2
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,684
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    14922
    that's really infuriating.

    unfortunately, she thinks the comments condemning her actions are hilarious.

    I'm pretty sure it's not the dogs who are stupid.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Still cheering for Mirai and Jeremy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,861
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1270
    What a stupid, selfish, immature person! The post plus her comments are infuriating. She completely does not get it! The dog didn't ask to be taken in by her. The dog looks absolutely adorable as well. I hope it ends up in a loving home far away from her. I'm sure the problem isn't the dog but her.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    At least she takes them back to the shelter instead of...doing something else horrible to them. The dogs are lucky to get away from her. Her kid and husband unfortunately, seem to be stuck.

  5. #5
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative? And the stuff about adopting a little cute ball of fuzz...does she also not realize that puppies do eventually grow up?

    This blog particularly p*sses me off because I volunteer at an animal shelter and unfortunately I see far too many people who come in and shop for an animal like they would for a couch or an item of clothing, e.g. "I want a brown tabby" (even though there are several dozen non-brown non-tabbies who would love you just as much if not more). I agree with Anita that at least she took the dogs back to a shelter, but still, it bugs me that the shelter has to deal with the outcome of her stupidity about what to expect from a dog.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Still cheering for Mirai and Jeremy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,861
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1270
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    At least she takes them back to the shelter instead of...doing something else horrible to them. The dogs are lucky to get away from her. Her kid and husband unfortunately, seem to be stuck.
    I guess she gets a small amount of brownie points for that. I also seen people do worse with their dogs.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

  7. #7
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,684
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    14922
    reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.

    What's really is the level of anger and detail she is providing about her relationship with her husband on a public blog.

    Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's people like this that make me think if a comet hit the earth, it might be doing the rest of the universe a favor

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative? And the stuff about adopting a little cute ball of fuzz...does she also not realize that puppies do eventually grow up?

    This blog particularly p*sses me off because I volunteer at an animal shelter and unfortunately I see far too many people who come in and shop for an animal like they would for a couch or an item of clothing, e.g. "I want a brown tabby" (even though there are several dozen non-brown non-tabbies who would love you just as much if not more). I agree with Anita that at least she took the dogs back to a shelter, but still, it bugs me that the shelter has to deal with the outcome of her stupidity about what to expect from a dog.
    The most heartbreaking case I saw at an animal shelter was a chihuahua puppy that had been left by the side of the freeway. (Yes, the owners didn't even do what this crazy bytch did and honorably take him back to the shelter.) They probably fed the dog once a day with adult food, not knowing that puppies need more nourishment. So this poor chihuahua was malnourished and couldn't stand on its own. But oh, its nails were painted pink.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Still cheering for Mirai and Jeremy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,861
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1270
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    The most heartbreaking case I saw at an animal shelter was a chihuahua puppy that had been left by the side of the freeway. (Yes, the owners didn't even do what this crazy bytch did and honorably take him back to the shelter.) They probably fed the dog once a day with adult food, not knowing that puppies need more nourishment. So this poor chihuahua was malnourished and couldn't stand on its own. But oh, its nails were painted pink.
    I'm amazed at people who leave their animals on the road too. Although I have to say that I wouldn't have my cat if some terrible owner didn't decide to leave her and her sisters in a box in a hospital parking lot. A woman found them, had them spayed and then gave them away.

    I'm glad that there are some people who care for these neglected animals and nurse them back to health when necessary. Lord knows there are too many people who don't.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,721
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    We have a rabbit. The stuff that happens to unwanted rabbits is awful. Important thing to know: rabbits have been bred for house pets for centuries. Those bred as house rabbits are not equipped to survive in the wild. If you or someone you know doesn't want a rabbit acquired as a pet, tossing it in the back yard is not an appropriate solution.

    Rabbits get bought for Easter gifts every year, then tossed out or taken to shelters sometimes within a few days. One pet store here that stocks house rabbits for sale tries to simply not have any available before Easter because most bought at that time of year are abandoned.

  12. #12
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,337
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    2354
    How can she handle an autistic child if she's too stupid to train a dog? The latter are much easier to deal with. (Give me a problem animal over a problem child any day. Not to mention there are probably animals more qualified to parent said child than she sounds...)

    And more people probably read her husband's blog because perhaps he's a better typist (someone please disable her "-" key) and doesn't whine as much.

  13. #13
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,986
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    Is there a Registered Pet Offender list? There should be.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    F*ck this idiot and all idiots like her

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,262
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative?...
    Sadly, she probably does. Some people just aren't fit to be responsible for another living creature be it dogs, children or goldfish.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15002
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    How can she handle an autistic child if she's too stupid to train a dog? The latter are much easier to deal with. (Give me a problem animal over a problem child any day. Not to mention there are probably animals more qualified to parent said child than she sounds...)
    I was wondering the same thing. Special children take special parents. Autistic children especially (depending where they fall on the spectrum) need very patient parents, sibling, teachers, etc. A dog shouldn't be much of a struggle compared to some children much less an autistic child. She just sounds lazy and angry. Maybe she hates her husband and can't deal with an autistic child so she is very bitter.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  17. #17
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,684
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    14922
    whatever you do, don't question her parenting in her blog's comments. Both she and her allies will not stand for it.

    **** you- I am almost surprised you didn't just kill yourself after looking in the mirror- same level of bullshit- how do you like it?
    niiiiiiice
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  18. #18
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,652
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    15573
    Wow. Sounds like a pissy 14 year old girl with a chip on her shoulder instead of a "mature" grown adult woman.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,967
    vCash
    1271
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.

    What's really is the level of anger and detail she is providing about her relationship with her husband on a public blog.

    Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!
    I agree with this. I don't think the dog is the real issue (an unfortunate victim however). I'm wondering if she is really overwhelmed by caring for an autistic child but feels too guilty to admit it. She shows a lot of hostility towards the people commenting on her blog as well as her husband and her dog.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,526
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4753
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.
    Yes, the anger was palpable. And if she's spent a ton of $$ on training it's been entirely wasted. Dogs usually don't bolt out the door if they are happy with their human pack - unless they see something to chase after (i.e. a dog or a bird), in which case you make damn sure the door is secure (we have an extra screw on our screen door, which is a bit loose, to prevent such incidents). Or, unless they are completely undisciplined and super charged with energy due to neglect and a lack of exercise.

    Dogs shed. And dogs dig. comes with the territory.


    And I too had to wonder how someone that angry and impatient about the trials of dog ownership could manage an autistic child.


    Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!
    Thanks for the warning. I think I'll pass. (goes off to read latest blog entry. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •