Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

This is why some people should never own pets

A woman is bragging on her blog that all her family ever gets are stupid or violent dogs. So they dump them at shelters and then go get another puppy. And when they don't train the puppy to be an obedient dog, it's another trip to the shelter. WHY do people like this even bother getting animals if they aren't responsible enough to care for the animal?? If you're not a dog person, DON'T GET A DOG!!!

http://dawnsramblings.posterous.com/...ell-screw-that

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    that's really infuriating.

unfortunately, she thinks the comments condemning her actions are hilarious.

I'm pretty sure it's not the dogs who are stupid.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    What a stupid, selfish, immature person! The post plus her comments are infuriating. She completely does not get it! The dog didn't ask to be taken in by her. The dog looks absolutely adorable as well. I hope it ends up in a loving home far away from her. I'm sure the problem isn't the dog but her.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    At least she takes them back to the shelter instead of...doing something else horrible to them. The dogs are lucky to get away from her. Her kid and husband unfortunately, seem to be stuck.

Watch me move
    vCash
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative? And the stuff about adopting a little cute ball of fuzz...does she also not realize that puppies do eventually grow up?

This blog particularly p*sses me off because I volunteer at an animal shelter and unfortunately I see far too many people who come in and shop for an animal like they would for a couch or an item of clothing, e.g. "I want a brown tabby" (even though there are several dozen non-brown non-tabbies who would love you just as much if not more). I agree with Anita that at least she took the dogs back to a shelter, but still, it bugs me that the shelter has to deal with the outcome of her stupidity about what to expect from a dog.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    At least she takes them back to the shelter instead of...doing something else horrible to them. The dogs are lucky to get away from her. Her kid and husband unfortunately, seem to be stuck.
    I guess she gets a small amount of brownie points for that. I also seen people do worse with their dogs.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.

What's really is the level of anger and detail she is providing about her relationship with her husband on a public blog.

Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    It's people like this that make me think if a comet hit the earth, it might be doing the rest of the universe a favor

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative? And the stuff about adopting a little cute ball of fuzz...does she also not realize that puppies do eventually grow up?

This blog particularly p*sses me off because I volunteer at an animal shelter and unfortunately I see far too many people who come in and shop for an animal like they would for a couch or an item of clothing, e.g. "I want a brown tabby" (even though there are several dozen non-brown non-tabbies who would love you just as much if not more). I agree with Anita that at least she took the dogs back to a shelter, but still, it bugs me that the shelter has to deal with the outcome of her stupidity about what to expect from a dog.
    The most heartbreaking case I saw at an animal shelter was a chihuahua puppy that had been left by the side of the freeway. (Yes, the owners didn't even do what this crazy bytch did and honorably take him back to the shelter.) They probably fed the dog once a day with adult food, not knowing that puppies need more nourishment. So this poor chihuahua was malnourished and couldn't stand on its own. But oh, its nails were painted pink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    The most heartbreaking case I saw at an animal shelter was a chihuahua puppy that had been left by the side of the freeway. (Yes, the owners didn't even do what this crazy bytch did and honorably take him back to the shelter.) They probably fed the dog once a day with adult food, not knowing that puppies need more nourishment. So this poor chihuahua was malnourished and couldn't stand on its own. But oh, its nails were painted pink.
    I'm amazed at people who leave their animals on the road too. Although I have to say that I wouldn't have my cat if some terrible owner didn't decide to leave her and her sisters in a box in a hospital parking lot. A woman found them, had them spayed and then gave them away.

I'm glad that there are some people who care for these neglected animals and nurse them back to health when necessary. Lord knows there are too many people who don't.

vCash
    We have a rabbit. The stuff that happens to unwanted rabbits is awful. Important thing to know: rabbits have been bred for house pets for centuries. Those bred as house rabbits are not equipped to survive in the wild. If you or someone you know doesn't want a rabbit acquired as a pet, tossing it in the back yard is not an appropriate solution.

Rabbits get bought for Easter gifts every year, then tossed out or taken to shelters sometimes within a few days. One pet store here that stocks house rabbits for sale tries to simply not have any available before Easter because most bought at that time of year are abandoned.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    How can she handle an autistic child if she's too stupid to train a dog? The latter are much easier to deal with. (Give me a problem animal over a problem child any day. Not to mention there are probably animals more qualified to parent said child than she sounds...)

And more people probably read her husband's blog because perhaps he's a better typist (someone please disable her "-" key) and doesn't whine as much.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Is there a Registered Pet Offender list? There should be.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    F*ck this idiot and all idiots like her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative?...
    Sadly, she probably does. Some people just aren't fit to be responsible for another living creature be it dogs, children or goldfish.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    How can she handle an autistic child if she's too stupid to train a dog? The latter are much easier to deal with. (Give me a problem animal over a problem child any day. Not to mention there are probably animals more qualified to parent said child than she sounds...)
    I was wondering the same thing. Special children take special parents. Autistic children especially (depending where they fall on the spectrum) need very patient parents, sibling, teachers, etc. A dog shouldn't be much of a struggle compared to some children much less an autistic child. She just sounds lazy and angry. Maybe she hates her husband and can't deal with an autistic child so she is very bitter.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    whatever you do, don't question her parenting in her blog's comments. Both she and her allies will not stand for it.

**** you- I am almost surprised you didn't just kill yourself after looking in the mirror- same level of bullshit- how do you like it?
    niiiiiiice

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Wow. Sounds like a pissy 14 year old girl with a chip on her shoulder instead of a "mature" grown adult woman.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.

What's really is the level of anger and detail she is providing about her relationship with her husband on a public blog.

Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!
    I agree with this. I don't think the dog is the real issue (an unfortunate victim however). I'm wondering if she is really overwhelmed by caring for an autistic child but feels too guilty to admit it. She shows a lot of hostility towards the people commenting on her blog as well as her husband and her dog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yes, the anger was palpable. And if she's spent a ton of $$ on training it's been entirely wasted. Dogs usually don't bolt out the door if they are happy with their human pack - unless they see something to chase after (i.e. a dog or a bird), in which case you make damn sure the door is secure (we have an extra screw on our screen door, which is a bit loose, to prevent such incidents). Or, unless they are completely undisciplined and super charged with energy due to neglect and a lack of exercise.

Dogs shed. And dogs dig. comes with the territory.

And I too had to wonder how someone that angry and impatient about the trials of dog ownership could manage an autistic child.

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll pass. (goes off to read latest blog entry. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast