vCash

Wow! Another Stephen Baldwin movie!

"I'm in Love with a Church Girl" movie official website. Seriously, they pick that for the movie title?

"About the Film" - just describes everything that is awful about Evangelical Christian dating. Well, probably not.

Shouldn't a clue-phone ring for Stephen Baldwin at this point?

Slightly off topic: Why is Christian-produced entertainment (books, movies, etc.) always this badly done? There is clearly a market for it and there are plenty of talented artists, actors, musicians, etc., who are pretty dedicated to their faith and they could pull resources together and make something not......always this terrible.

I am aware of Sherwood Baptist Church in Georgia making a number of films that have gotten a lot of popularity. And another film (Courageous) is coming this fall. Their movies have gotten (relatively) better, especially considering that most of the crew are volunteers from their church.

But still......geesh!
    Last edited by ilovepaydays; 06-06-2011 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Is "Church Girl" a real expression, or something they made up for the title?

And about the film: gee, I *wonder* if sort-of-ex-Gangsta guy will be able to overcome his past with the help of Church Girl and will find his way with God. Given that this is a Christian-produced movie, I don't think the audience is going to have a lot of trouble figuring out which way that plotline is going to go
    Last edited by overedge; 06-06-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    "Church girl" reminds me of that old "Church Lady" skit from Saturday Night Live -- "Wellll, isn't that special"?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    "Church girl" reminds me of that old "Church Lady" skit from Saturday Night Live -- "Wellll, isn't that special"?
    Could it be.....SATAN??
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Maybe Stephen could hook up with Living Saint?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Is "Church Girl" a real expression, or something they made up for the title?

And about the film: gee, I *wonder* if sort-of-ex-Gangsta guy will be able to overcome his past with the help of Church Girl and will find his way with God. Given that this is a Christian-produced movie, I don't think the audience is going to have a lot of trouble figuring out which way that plotline is going to go
    I've never heard the phrase "church girl". But the premise reminds me of another phrase I've heard much debated in those circles: "missionary dating".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    But the premise reminds me of another phrase I've heard much debated in those circles: "missionary dating".
    Opposed to doggie-style dating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    Slightly off topic: Why is Christian-produced entertainment (books, movies, etc.) always this badly done?
    You've apparently never seen The Hiding Place. It was an extremely well done film with a couple of major stars - Julie Harris, Eileen Heckart, & Arthur O'Connell are the most well-known. It is well worth checking out.

I am not much of a fan of Stephen Baldwin so I'm not surprised his movie isn't all that good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    "About the Film" - just describes everything that is awful about Evangelical Christian dating. Well, probably not.
    First of all, the background music on that is

Second, evangelical theme or not, I hate movies featuring bad boys being turned around by the love of a good girl. It just deludes millions of women into thinking they can change their men!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I really, really, really, dislike Steven and always have.
    I also think he is a fake and is using religion to try to convince people he isn't still a drunk, drugging bully.
    Jealous much or your brothers success, Steve ole boy? even Daniel who is now permanently burnt out is 3 times the actor Steven is.