Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    The irony of calling me psychotic when you use glue traps and throw living animals in them into the garbage. And applaud people who duct tape live mice on glue traps. That is psychotic behaviour. The worst I've said is that "you suck" and that you're vile and bitter, because, well... you are.
    Without passing judgment on your opinion about glue traps for mice (to which I am more sympathetic than you might otherwise believe)...

You joined on Monday, June 6, and every post you have made at the time of my post has been in this thread (and in an angry tone as well).

I don't know - that just screams regular poster using a pseud to express to me. Who are you really? Come on, 'fess up...
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Without passing judgment on your opinion about glue traps for mice (to which I am more sympathetic than you might otherwise believe)...

You joined on Monday, June 6, and every post you have made at the time of my post has been in this thread (and in an angry tone as well).

I don't know - that just screams regular poster using a pseud to express to me. Who are you really? Come on, 'fess up...
    I am JamesC.

I read some threads, and a couple of posts here stood out - and decided to post. As for being angry, of course I am. Just putting the animal abuser in his place.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It seems kind of odd behavior to join a FIGURE SKATING message board, "read some threads", and then every last one of your six posts that you have made since your inception here has been in a nasty tone in one thread. Normally, people who join a figure skating board, show some interest in, you know, actual skating-related information and threads. Just sayin'.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    It seems kind of odd behavior to join a FIGURE SKATING message board, "read some threads", and then every last one of your six posts that you have made since your inception here has been in a nasty tone in one thread. Normally, people who join a figure skating board, show some interest in, you know, actual skating-related information and threads. Just sayin'.
    Well, I dislike cruelty to animals like this with a passion. That's what piqued my interest. Not like I'll only post here.

Nasty tone? Perhaps, but completely justifiable.

Just me
    vCash
    No. It's not.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Well, I dislike cruelty to animals like this with a passion. That's what piqued my interest. Not like I'll only post here.

If you don't mind me asking...how do you feel about Sandra Lee?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    No. It's not.
    Yes. It is.

Please tell me why someone who abuses animals should get off scott-free? They deserve to be criticised, harshly too... as all jerks deserve to.

Just me
    vCash
    They deserve to be criticised, harshly too... as all jerks deserve to.
    So that means you're fair game...right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    So that means you're fair game...right?
    Do you really think words on a message board is worse than being maliciously cruel to another living being?

If someone kicks my dog, do you honestly think I'm going to politely ask him to stop? No, I'm going to give him a bit of lip about it. Why should I be verbally lenient to someone who obviously has malicious intent?

It's little wonder why people get away with this kind of crap, they need to be put in their place.

Just me
    vCash
    And you've been here long enough to know this person has "malicious intent?"

People who are verbally abusive to others don't need to "get away with this kind of crap, they need to be put in their place."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    That's what I say...

vCash
    I was wondering the same thing when I saw that the first couple of posts were in this thread. If you have strong views, be willing to stand behind them out in the open.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Just a thought, but perhaps you would like to actually get to know other posters here, rather than passing blanket judgement on them based on their perhaps off the cuff comments in ONE thread...Especially a person who has been here 6 1/2 years and has contributed a lot of meaningful and insightful comments to this board on a wider variety of subjects than simply pest control.

Or, remain a judgemental twatwaffle who jumps to conclusions and judges people on 5 words. And learn to use your ignore feature; a suggestion I would not be surprised to learn that many will be re-evaluating for their own sanity soon enough.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Just a thought, but perhaps you would like to actually get to know other posters here, rather than passing blanket judgement on them based on their perhaps off the cuff comments in ONE thread...Especially a person who has been here 6 1/2 years and has contributed a lot of meaningful and insightful comments to this board on a wider variety of subjects than simply pest control.

Or, remain a judgemental twatwaffle who jumps to conclusions and judges people on 5 words. And learn to use your ignore feature; a suggestion I would not be surprised to learn that many will be re-evaluating for their own sanity soon enough.
    Marry me...

Just me
    vCash
    ...twatwaffle ...
    You have such a way with words.

vCash
    Start by going around the outside of the house with a bundle of steel wool, plugging every crack with the steel wool. Use a putty knife or a screwdriver to get it into the spots. Don't bother mixing the caulking in with it - it's useless. I suspect the person who suggested that caulked over their steel wool spots to hide the openings, but mice will gnaw through the caulking. Not so with the steel wool.

Now that you've secured the perimeter, catch the mouse. I know mice are pests, but glue traps are cruel, imo. I'm not a huge PETA person, but if you don't put the stuck mouse out of its misery, it will die of dehydration and starvation.

Having lived for 40+ years in houses built before the Depression means occasional pesty visitors, especially when a bad winter is coming, unless you can keep them out. Well-fed cats think of the mice as playthings and usually let them go without killing them. (I couldn't believe my cat just smacked the mouse around and them let it scamper back down the radiator pipe opening to the crawl space.)

We own a Have-a-heart trap and have used peanut butter as bait the few times a mouse got into the house or garage. Works like a charm and not cruel at all.
    Along the walls does work best.

In true NY fashion, we take the trapped mouse "for a ride," usually to a park to let it go instead of for a swim in the East River.
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 06-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

vCash

It's not just on "5 words" though. The person admitted to torturing an animal and not caring that it suffers. That is enough to go by, as people are judged by their actions. No decent human talks about torturing an animal to death, then being so callous and heartless to say that they "don't care" that it suffers. Disgusting mentality and the person should be blasted for it. :|

Don't give a damn if this person won "post of the month" X times, he's still a cruel twat. The number of posts and how long the person's been here doesn't change his comments, actions or attitude.
    Last edited by JamesC; 06-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    The presence of mice in your home does not mean you are a dirty person - if mice find a way in, they'll come in. Most kitchens have a food smells and if you give me someone who never has any food or drink particles under their stove or fridge or never carelessly leaves a few bread crumbs on the kitchen table overnight - well, that person has way more serious problems than mice in their kitchen.

We live in an old house and have had mice issues on and off for years. There are two suites, one up and one down, and the mice have mostly been an issue downstairs, where two good feline mousers have kept them under control.

We had them upstairs for a while recently, and our cat and dog were both on mouse duty. They got two each before we eliminated the problem by blocking all the right holes. Or, we've eliminated it so far. . .perhaps they will be back.

The dog would spend hours on the look-out for mice in the kitchen and even those it was some months ago, poor is still on mouse duty.

vCash
    Mice also seek shelter from the cold, so even if your house is spotless they still might come in for the warmth.

vCash
    In case it hasn't been posted, here's a NY Times article with some suggestions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/ga...?_r=1&emc=eta1

If all else fails, you could invest in a snake
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast