vCash

Ms. Kwan Goes to Washington

Michelle at 30, master's degree in hand, she moves further beyond skating - Latest blog from Phil Hersh@ Chicago Tribune

Graduation Photo

Photo Caption: Michelle Kwan surrounded by Dr. Peter W. Ackerman (left), chairman of the Fletcher School Board of Overseers and Fletcher School Dean Stephen Bosworth as she receives her master's degree May 22. (Photo courtesy The Fletcher School at Tufts University)
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Congrats to Michelle. She appears to have found something she enjoys as much as skating. PRLady and Blue Ridge, keep your eyes peeled, Michelle is moving to Washington DC.

Phil's article has a photo of Michelle in a tight gold dress. She still seems pretty fit.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    Thanks for posting this, Visaliakid. She's just grown into being more and more of an interesting person. (And Dean Stephen Bosworth needs to rethink flesh colored ties with graduation apparel -- at first glance I thought he had a sliver of bare chest on view. Ick.)

vCash
    Hersh's article link was also posted yesterday in the Michelle thread in the Trash Can if anyone wants to check out the discussion there: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78765

vCash
    I never stop being impressed by Michelle Kwan. What a gifted woman.

vCash
    I, too, am continually impressed with Michelle, Life is not about what you accomplished in the past, it's what you continue to do in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Michelle at 30, master's degree in hand, she moves further beyond skating - Latest blog from Phil Hersh@ Chicago Tribune

Graduation Photo

Photo Caption: Michelle Kwan surrounded by Dr. Peter W. Ackerman (left), chairman of the Fletcher School Board of Overseers and Fletcher School Dean Stephen Bosworth as she receives her master's degree May 22. (Photo courtesy The Fletcher School at Tufts University)
    Way to go Michelle! She continues to make figure skating fans proud. Btw, I met Stephen Bosworth many years ago. He was the guest speaker at a Dartmouth College Alumni Society function and talked about US foreign policy.
    Last edited by Civic; 06-05-2011 at 05:23 AM.

vCash
    I was searching around the Fletcher school's MA/MBA page to see if there was any Kwan news, and I hadn't realized that Michelle made an appearance on MTV's Made in an episode about a teenager who wanted to be a figure skater and apparently showed her some moves on the ice and took her around Tufts University.

http://sites.tufts.edu/jumble/2010/0...-kwan-on-made/

Full Episode Here - Kwan appearance after 30 min. mark
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 06-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    I never stop being impressed by Michelle Kwan. What a gifted woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    I, too, am continually impressed with Michelle, Life is not about what you accomplished in the past, it's what you continue to do in the future.

vCash
    Congrats on the degree! Quite an accomplishment in and of itself. But now I wonder about the career plans. So is Michelle planning to be a life-long "political appointment" or is she planning to take the Foreign Service Exam and earn her spot in the diplomatic corps?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    From the article:

Kwan could not be specific about her immediate work plans

I think we can assume that at some point we'll learn more information on her work plans. Until then, it's all conjecture.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Maybe she could make peace in the Middle East. No-one else has been able to but the Kween has special powers.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Didn't know where else to post this. Cool.

http://twitter.com/#!/4everBrandy/st...21074532892672