Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Actually I did too. But I really don't think it suits her.

I'd like to see her try something classical. We haven't seen that side of her yet.
    Her last LP was definitely classical. Sarasate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir-5oAWxXE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Her last LP was definitely classical. Sarasate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir-5oAWxXE
    I mean classical in a different sense than Sarasate's Zigeunerweisen. Maybe something more balletic that could put more emphasis on line, extension, and posture. Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, etc.

vCash
    I don't think I'd like Agnes skating to twinkly, balletic warhorses. Her jumps are so powerful; I feel she could pull off something dramatic and still emphasize her line, extension, etc. Maybe Night on the Bald Mountain?

vCash
    Fingers crossed that this move pays off for AZ! Agnes has huge potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Free Brandon!
    Bless your heart, you may be the only one here concerned about saving Mroz

vCash
    I look at Agnes as a more talented Rachael Flatt who has many of the same weaknesses such as speed and basic skating skills. Having said that i feel she has more to offer then Rachael with perhaps more personality on the ice. I think she has a chance to be a champion.

vCash
    Is it clear if Agnes is moving back to Chicago to work with Santee and commuting to Colorado to work with Krall for periods of time or possibly for the summer? Or is she staying in Colorado full time, with Santee overseeing her progress and going to competitions with her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olifaunt View Post
    I don't think I'd like Agnes skating to twinkly, balletic warhorses. Her jumps are so powerful; I feel she could pull off something dramatic and still emphasize her line, extension, etc. Maybe Night on the Bald Mountain?
    The ballets I mentioned are hardly tinkly! Parts of Swan Lake and The Nutcracker are quite dynamic and quick.

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Bless your heart, you may be the only one here concerned about saving Mroz
    Wrong!!! Granted, it is only the two of us, I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by isamelia View Post
    Is it clear if Agnes is moving back to Chicago to work with Santee and commuting to Colorado to work with Krall for periods of time or possibly for the summer? Or is she staying in Colorado full time, with Santee overseeing her progress and going to competitions with her?
    It's not clear yet (at least not clear to me based on the wording of the USFS press release).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Wrong!!! Granted, it is only the two of us, I'm sure.
    I'm so glad you are here for me.

vCash
    New information in this Chicago area article published today (Zawadzki was interviewed by phone): http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/706139908/
    Excerpts:
    Yet, she conceded that she had lost her drive.

“I wasn’t loving (skating) and I felt I had to make a change,” she said. “David is the person I can talk to. He is the one who has coached me the longest and I think he can bring back my love of the sport.”
    For the last three years, Zawadzki has trained in Colorado Springs at the Olympic Training Center, while attending Cheyenne High School. She will continue to train there, Santee says, coming back to Park Ridge for approximately one week per month.

Santee will travel to Colorado Springs regularly to monitor her coaching, but assisting him with her day-to-day coaching will be Christy Krall, who coaches the 2011 world champion Patrick Chan of Canada.

“No one knows her better than I do,” Santee said. “She’s very comfortable with me. She knows how I am at competitions and just how I can help her as she goes forward.

“Sometimes,” he adds, “you just feel the right chemistry and that makes a big difference.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New information in this Chicago area article: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/706139908/
    Excerpts:
    Huh. In that article she says she hasn't been motivated for a while, and yet she's been putting out medal-winning performances. Can't wait to see what she does when she's in love with the sport again.

vCash
    Huh. In that article she says she hasn't been motivated for a while, and yet she's been putting out medal-winning performances. Can't wait to see what she does when she's in love with the sport again.
    It could just be a kind way of saying she didn't like working with Tom anymore.

vCash
    Yes, Night on Bald Mountain would be a great choice, I think!!

vCash
    At least this explains the coaching arrangement a little more than the original announcement. Hope it works out for Agnes and that she has a good season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New information in this Chicago area article published today (Zawadzki was interviewed by phone): http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/706139908/
    Excerpts:
    Hmmm. It sounds like Christy Krall will be working with Agnes day-to-day, which I like to hear. She's really helped out Patrick.

vCash
    Yay! I'm excited to watch her develop. Her jumps are already sublime but you could tell the packaging under Tom Z. was not heading in a good direction. I admittedly breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing about the change. Hope Agnes next season!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456