vCash

Garridos Sentenced

Philip Garrido was sentenced to 431 years to life in prison today for kidnapping. His wife Nancy earned a 36 years to life for her disgusting actions.

The real star of the story is Jaycee Dugard, who sent in a statement that was read at the sentencing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110602/...ped_girl_found

"I chose not to be here today because I refuse to waste another second of my life in your presence," Dugard wrote in a portion of the statement directed to Phillip Garrido. "Everything you ever did to me was wrong and I hope one day you will see that.

"I hated every second of every day for 18 years," she said "You stole my life and that of my family."
    Her memoir is being published next month. Hope it sells well.

vCash
    Good to see these two horrible people get the harshest possible punishment under our law. They stole that girl's life! It can never be recovered. The children she bore will suffer with that knowledge for the rest of their lives. When you consider that, their punishment does not seem adequate, but at least it is the most they can receive. I hope that after death the universal law will give them what they truly deserve.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Bastards need to rot in hell.

As do the California parole officers and board members who never bothered to follow up properly.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    No "punishment" Justice can give would be enough.
    How I wish that the people who could have prevented this; or discovered Jaycee and her children, sooner - had done so.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    The *only* good thing about this is that it spares Jaycee having to testify at a Trial and having to relive what those critter creatures did to her.

ITA w/everyone saying those cops, probation officers and social workers also need to be charged w/...Something!! All the calls from the neighbours saying there are kids living there in the backyard in tents, on the property of someone who was already a known sex offender didn't ring any bells? They're just as guilty of what Jaycee and then her two daughters had to suffer, but in a way, it's even worse because they actually did have the means to be able to end Jaycee's Hell. If they'd done their job that is.

BTW, kudos to this Judge for realizing this critter creature's a first class Maniplator(sp) and putting aside the reports from the Mental Health exam. And all because he'd realized this creature had played those people like a fine violin. If more Judges were like this one and realized just how many of these critters play the system/people in it in order to get out and do more damage in our World, it would be a much safer World too.

I also hope Jaycee's Memoir sells well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I also hope Jaycee's Memoir sells well.
    She received $20 mil so I don't think she needs the money. Telling her story might help her heal though. I hope it does.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    She received $20 mil so I don't think she needs the money.
    Who gave her $20 million?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    IIRC, the State of California's Probation/Parole Board - I think it was a settlement of sorts seeing as how they completely fcuked up bungled their follow-up on Garridos' probation following his conviction and time in prison for rape back in 1976 (which, had they done their job, her kidnapping and captivity likely would have never happened), as well as their not noticing anything suspicious during the 18 years that Jaycee was being held captive in their backyard. From what I've read, and depending on the article, the settlement was made to avoid a lawsuit from her.

Jaycee's memoir will go on sale in July - I will probably read it; no doubt it will be a major best-seller. Hopefully it will help give her some more closure to the horrific experience she endured for so long.

Has anyone read her statement that was read by her mother at Garridos' sentencing? She pulled absolutely no punches and let him/them know in no uncertain terms just how she feels about what they put her through.

I wish Jaycee and her family nothing but the best, and hope she is able to live the rest of her life with as much peace and happiness as possible. Lord knows, if there's anyone who deserves that, it is she.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Thanks.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I am sure Jaycee's memoir will sell well. This is such a horrible story that it needs to be told, and something like this should never happen to anyone else. I hope Jaycee can heal and live a peaceful life after this, which is more important than the money she will earn. She deserves all the happiness and peace.

vCash
    I hope that Ms, Dugard has wise financial advisors who can help her facilitate whatever she chooses in the future,
    I wish their family peace and fulfillment.