vCash

Do you sometimes fantasize about....

Say,I was wondering if anyone else here besides me sometimes fantasizes about being like or as good as other young skaters they have seen compete?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I thought this thread was about Brian Joubert....sorry...

-Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

HAHAHA

you mean because he's hot?

vCash
    If we're going to hi-jack this thread to fantasies about Brian Joubert. Lets go all the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-5iPNUGdQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    If we're going to hi-jack this thread to fantasies about Brian Joubert. Lets go all the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-5iPNUGdQ

AWESOME!

vCash
    Thank you for that! I have been lurking forever and NEVER post. THIS was certainly enough to get me to contribute though! I hate to even ask why he needs to be using this machine in his underwear....because in all reality, WHO CARES about such practical questions!

vCash
    Who knows why he did it or why anyone would need to use such a machine, but I think we have his "kinésithérepeute" Jean to thank for it

THANK YOU JEAN, wherever you are.

vCash
    Yes, HUGE thanks to Jean! I'm a therapist and we use something similar for people with balance deficits for balance training. Usually little old ladies (at least where I work), but they certainly don't use those poses or do it in their underwear! Hmmmm....maybe I need to open my own business, become a "kinésithérepeute".

vCash

I am so dissapointed! Was looking forward to read some fanfic

And instead I got visual spam, darn fine, thanks camera man/woman.

------

Back on thread: May be the question should be which young skaters inspired you want to be good at skating? Mine was the Kwan (tried and failed, give up in 2 years) And now days, Yuna (didn't even bother trying)
    Last edited by os168; 06-04-2011 at 02:16 AM.

vCash
    Is there a video of Brian in a sling? Not his arm either.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Say,I was wondering if anyone else here besides me sometimes fantasizes about being like or as good as other young skaters they have seen compete?
    Hmm...good question (to get back on topic- ugh) not really, to be honest. But I have had "fantasies" about being best-in-class in other sports at times- mainly basketball and golf.

I do wonder what it feels like to perform a jump on the ice, though- as a non-skater I'm curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Hmm...good question (to get back on topic- ugh) not really, to be honest. But I have had "fantasies" about being best-in-class in other sports at times- mainly basketball and golf.

I do wonder what it feels like to perform a jump on the ice, though- as a non-skater I'm curious.
    When I was little, I had daydreams about being as good a skater as Carol Heiss.

As an adult, it's been mostly golf for me. I fantasize about playing a particular par 5 from the tips against the course braggart. I hit a driver over the bunker right, and it rolls out about 50 yards leaving 240 to the pin. Hit a good 3 hybrid to 4" past the hole and kick it in. Game, set, match. Of course, my real self plays that hole as a par 6.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Occasionally when watching the NFL I've pictured myself on the field with my team down, time running out, delivering the winning TD pass

Or this: playing QB position for my favorite team, leading them to multiple SBs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Back on thread: May be the question should be which young skaters inspired you want to be good at skating? Mine was the Kwan (tried and failed, give up in 2 years) And now days, Yuna (didn't even bother trying)
    For me, it was definitely Kristi Yamaguchi. Although I was so tiny as a kid I probably would have done well in pairs- I always loved watching pairs. Even now I'm only 5'0 tall (if I can lose about 20 lbs I'm going to ask my coach to teach me to do a death spiral, that's another dream of mine, but I'm too fat for pairs now.)

Nowadays, Alissa and Mirai are my inspiration. I'd love to skate with such grace. I never really dream about jumping like the elites (although even half of that would be an amazing improvement over my tiny jumps) but I do dream of spinning like them. My spins are better than my jumps, but nothing to write home about. I dream of a fast backspin, and a blur scratch spin. That would be amazing.

vCash

You always have your mind on Joubert and that workout video.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I am inspired at every skating event I go to, no matter the age (very young or very...experienced!). It could be one jump or one spin or even a brief moment of musicality that grabs my attention, and that's enough. Just that brief thought of "wow" makes me wonder how long it'd take me to be able to do something like that.

Great thread! (But you set yourself up for the thread going WAY off-topic with your title.)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Being spanked by my favorite lady skater? ~singing~ I'm not gonna tell!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Being spanked by my favorite lady skater? ~singing~ I'm not gonna tell!
    Fumie spanks? Who knew...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Ruh roh.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    You always have your mind on Joubert and that workout video.
    Oh trust me, my mind is not on his workout video
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher