Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    there will be a season 2. SBS is already planning. i guess it's good news.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.h...eDate=20110602

can anyone breakdown the background of the 10 professional skaters for this show? yunho's partner is a 15 year old korean skater. she seems familiar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    can anyone breakdown the background of the 10 professional skaters for this show? yunho's partner is a 15 year old korean skater. she seems familiar.
    Oh, you are talking about Claudia Muller, a Swiss-Korean junior figure skaker. Most of the professional skaters are coaches. I roughtly translated their Korean names into English, which may be different from their actual passport names.

CHA, Joon-Hwan (male): Student. 11 years old. A junior single skater.

CHA, Oh-Reum (male): Coach. 21 years old. A recently retired single skater.

CHOI, In-Hwa (male): Coach. 27 years old. A former skater.

CHOI, Sun-Young (female): Coach. A former ice dancer.

KIM, Do-Hwan (male): Coach. 26 years old. A former single skater.

KIM, Hyun-Cheol (male): Coach. 36 years old. A former ice dancer.

LEE, Dong-Whun (male): Athlete. 25 years old. A senior single skater. He's trying to come back from a series of injury problems. He used to be capable of a quad toe.

LEE, Soo-Kyung (female): ISU International Data & Replay Operator

YU, Sun Hye (female): Coach. A former ice dancer. She skated for Uzbekistan.
    Last edited by seabm7; 06-02-2011 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    The reason the one in the US does so bad because we have no celebrities and no celebrity skaters. Kim is and Olympic Champ

vCash

Her name is Claudia Müller and she is not a Korean yet- trying to obtain Korean nationality to be a member of Korean National Team.
    Her father is Swiss and mother is Korean.

There's a program introducing her as a promising skater on KBS.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post

YU, Sun Hye (female): Coach. A former ice dancer. She skated for Uzbekistan.
    She should totally get Gizmo to guest judge. I would pay serious cash to see her give a piece of her mind whilst gyrating to that tantric sex music she used couple years ago.

Anyhoo, this show has significantly improved the ratings compared to the previous show that filled the same time slot, so this is a small victory for SBS as it is. As the main competition and thus 'real' skating kicks off, the rating can only improve, so I don't get all this premature doom and gloom.

vCash
    I am impressed by [Broadcasts of Kim's World Figure Skating Championship performance, by contrast, drew ratings in the 40 percent range]. lol.

Certainly, the general public likes competitions.
    Yuna had better right now go to LA and train, so participate in GPs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    The rating, 8.1~10.5%, is not something. But OTOH, it's not nothing where skating had been nothing for a long time.

"I am a Singer" on MBC, 14%, is sensationally popular here in Korea - the program is something like a survival stage where Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Eminem and Justin Bieber is competing. All the papers, magazines and sites are talking about the program. But it's rating is just about one and a half or two times more than the-unheard-and-unseen-mere figure skating program.

"Qualifications of Men" on KBS, 6.6~9.2%, also is a long-lived good program. I also love this program but I couldn't see it live so I watch this on IPTV later.

Anyway, as someone said above, the program is on and on. I mean this is not the time whether some say it is success or not. As a skating fan, I think broadcasting the program at the prime time on weekend itself is a big success.
    I totally agree. The original news article and the thread title is quite misleading actually. The first show debuted quite successfully (with about 15% Nielsen rating) and it was the highest watched show during that time slot (Sunday afternoon).

And if they want to increase the rating, all they need is to simply show more Yuna...(rather than just having her sitting in as a judge)

vCash
    * rating of 10% = about 5 million viewers

Episode 1 : 10~12% (The highest 'rating per minute' was 16%. Shaia, what you say seems to be this. )
    Episode 2 : 8~10%

------------------------------------------
    It is not bad at all.

vCash

Rough translation of the article:

SBS is planning a Season 2 for Kim Yu-Na’s ‘Kiss and Cry’…
    … A production member for ‘Kiss and Cry’ said, “We had planned this show since last year. It would be worthwhile if figure skating get recognized and loved by more people through this show.”

“Inspired by Yu-Na, more and more girls have been taking up (ladies’ single) skating, but it still remains very thin when it comes to men’s singles, pairs and ice dancing. Under these circumstances, if the show continue as a multi-season project, it could play a significant role in expanding the fan base and increasing the population who enjoy figure skating as a leisure sport. That’s the main motivation in planning the Season 2. But nothing’s concrete and Yu-Na’s continued commitment has not been confirmed yet."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    ...And if they want to increase the rating, all they need is to simply show more Yuna...(rather than just having her sitting in as a judge)
    That’s true, I think. But I am glad the show is not too Yuna-centric, and I want to praise SBS for this. It’s nice they’re developing stories for each participant and partnership.

The rating is not great but it has done well, given the huge popularity of other long-running Sunday evening primetime shows aired at the same time slot. I think the show is well-made and when you count the viewership with a number of reruns, IPTVs and downloads, it’s getting a lot of exposure. For SBS, it is a good improvement on their last show at the same time slot.

vCash
    Today's show aired at 6:45 pm Sunday evening, and it was very very entertaining.

The contestants are all really impressive in their own way, and the show is gaining a lot of momentum each week (can't wait for next week's showdown).

I never watch any TV shows, but this show has definitely won me over.

vCash
    Today's show (Episode 3) was a lot of fun! But it's unlikely the show would rake in good ratings this time, as it was strangely moved to the even more competitive time slot and pitted against the most popular show of the Sunday evening.

Teaser for the next week's show (Episode 4), the first stage of real competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-fPn6TXCDo
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 06-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    Episode 3, Part 1 thru 11 + preview of Ep 4.

http://youtu.be/NQoaKXvlvlw
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 06-06-2011 at 06:28 AM.

vCash
    Why not post a new thread on Yuna Kim's Kiss&Cry? This thread is about the ratings!
    This too will pass away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12