17 41.46%
  • Nakia

10 24.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    This Love.

Pretty Patrick up next singing I Hope You Dance.

Xtina waiting for him to take off his pants. And he sang well too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This Love
    Thanks.

And, really, Patrick is pretty? Mmmmkay... He sang very well though.

The judges are being ridiculous.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Frenchie gets the sweet spot.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Not my favorite song, but particularly after Xenia, his comfort and confidence with the performance is impressive.

But country voters may still be tired from AI
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Team Blake: I'd say Dia and Patrick go through. Both did very well.
    Team Xtina: this is tough. Lily is out, but I don't know who will be in.

Frenchie singing Winner Takes Over. Fantastic performance. I do not know which of Frenchie, Bev or Racquel will be out.

vCash
    Frenchie... what is with these retarded song choices, they do nothing for your voice.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Team Blake: I'd say Dia and Patrick go through. Both did very well.
    Team Xtina: this is tough. Lily is out, but I don't know who will be in.
    I would still take Jared over Patrick, but Patrick would be ok with me too.

Very tough choice as to who should be the 2nd to go from team Xtina, but if I had to choose, I'd boot Racquel. ETA: I'm even more sure of that after seeing the recap...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Frenchie... what is with these retarded song choices, they do nothing for your voice.

I thought that was really good...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Frenchie - very good performance and her experience really shows, but not really my choice of song or style.

For Christina, I'd pick Frenchie and Beverly based on performance, but their style is more similar so you might want Frenchie and Raquel for a broader audience range.

For Blake, I'd pick Dia and Patrick, but Jared would be fine too.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I thought that was really good...
    I agree. I'm with Adam, I was kind of indifferent to this song, but I loved Frenchie's version tonight.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Must go online to vote. Who to vote for? Hmmm....
    And who to download? Loved Dia's Heartless....hmmm...

vCash
    She blew it out of the box but I guess when I was used to her on American Idol and what she sang on broadway is what I was hoping to see more of. I'm voting my arse off for her, I'm hoping her and Patrick Thomas make it. He's a great singer and adorable
    Kyle

vCash
    Of the artists that performed tonight, I only liked Dia, Patrick, Xenia, and to a lesser degree, Lily. Of these, I really LOOOOOOVE Dia!

I like Xenia, but she sounds so limited, like I want to take the lid off and also, I wish she'd breath more; I feel a little suffocated listening to her. BUT, I like her better than any of the belters, of which there are way too many, imo.

Of the belters, I like Frenchie the best and then Jared (I like that Jared can do a little falsetto, it makes him unique).

I've been watching since ep #1 and really like it for the most part except that too many belters made it over some good singers.

-Bridget

vCash
    OMG, that Team Xtina performance was fantastic. Despite all the belting, their voices melded really well.

vCash
    I liked Frenchie's performance too. And agree Lily is prob. out. Xenia was good in her solo and iffy in the group. She's so young and deer in the headlights! Still she has a good voice and should prob. stay. So glad we get to hear the coaches perform!

vCash
    For me Dia was the standout tonight. She simply must stay!

Bev was in fine voice, although she pretty much just sang the ME song straight. Raquel was ok.

Didn't care for Xenia last time I heard her, and even less now. She's not soup, at least not yet, and the "I have no confidence" storyline has gotten . As for Lily, the less said about her the better. I don't remember much about the guys.

And most importantly, what number can I dial to vote off Cee-Lo's new mustache?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    God, how annoying and unprofessional for them to bicker like that. Shut up and judge lol.
    Yeah. The joking banter is fun, but I thought that Adam was rude and obnoxious during that exchange where he told Christina to shut up.

Overall, though, I really like the judges. It was hilarious when Blake chose "This Love."

I thought Team Christina won the night, especially with that rendition of Lady Marmalade. I'd like to see Beverley go through, but I suspect it will be Raquel and Frenchie.

From Blake's team, I really like Xenia's voice, but she's just not ready and doesn't have the stage presence. I don't know why they chose that song for her. I think it will be Dia and Patrick. Not a fan of "I Hope You Dance," but he did do a better job with it than Scotty McCreary. I think Patrick could walk away with the title. He'll definitely beat out the pig farming sisters.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I love when I come to the thread after the show has aired on the West Coast and wonder if I saw a different show than everyone else

The only numbers I wrote down were for Dia and Beverly - Dia won tonight, hands down. There were some other performances that were very good but also lots of mid-song clunker notes.

I can't believe people are raving about Raquel. She was the worst of the night, BY FAR. Pitchy as all get out from start to finish, and the dancing really screwed with her breath control. when Xtina stood up I thought she was going to run onstage and try to save the performance. Xenia is way out of her league in this group, but she sang much better than Raquel did.

I also thought the Queen medley was a mess Adam was massively off key in the beginning, and it was a terrible song choice for Cee-Lo. I actually enjoyed Blake the most - Xtina did fine but it wasn't a great song choice for her either.

Jared sang well, but between the headband (he's no Bret Michaels) and his awkward comments, I don't see him garnering a following.

Melissa Etheridge is such an obvious choice for Beverly. WTF did they make her wear?!? Great performance, the only indication of her cold was that she held back on the money note in the end. I'll be voting for sure, she should be the one sure thing on Xtina's team.

Dia Dia Dia!!! anyone else notice that the piano kept playing when we clearly saw her hands folded up by her chest? same thing happened with jared handing off his guitar in the middle of a guitar solo that didn't stop

Awesome performance of Lady Marmalade by Team Xtina! Nice job blending some very different voices - and Raquel was worlds better in this than her solo song.

Oh, Xenia.... I swear I thought Blake said the song was called "Prostate", so that's all I could hear while she sang it. Loved her dress and her styling, and it was nice to see her smile, but the choreographed moved looked stiff and unnatural. She just needs more time and practice. love her voice but she's not ready for this.

Ok, the dancers were a terrible idea for Lily Elise, but it's not her fault - blame Xtina. once she got rid of them, I loved this performance. I was ready to write down her number - and then she squeaked. In the middle of the song! It took her a measure to get back on track and she finished strong, but damn. That was some squeak.

Blake looked like the jolly green giant standing between the 2 girls on his team. This Love isn't my favorite maroon 5 song but I thought it was a sweet touch. Xenia and Patrick had a surprisingly nice duet - Jared completely overpowered Dia in theirs. Xtina gets the nod for showcasing everyone so well.

Patrick also came out very strong - I do love his voice, even if he's not that exciting. But then his glory note was a disaster - he sounded like he hit a different key than the backup singers, and they had to adjust to whatever note he had. oh dear.

I love me some Frenchie, and this was a great song choice for her, but she hit some real clunkers in there. Ending was fab tho.

I'd keep Beverly and... Lily based on tonight's vocals (Bev/Frenchie on overall performance), but I worry that voters will overlook Raquel's many errors because she looks the part and Beverly won't find an audience. I will be really upset if Raquel makes it and Beverly doesn't.

I would be shocked if Team Blake didn't end up with Dia and Patrick.

Allison and her twitter trending reports are insanely stupid.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Loved Bev and Dia. Patrick was great, but he sounds like everyone else on country radio. I suppose he's cuter than many, but that's not enough to get me to vote.

Raquel tanked. If it could be possible, the 2nd half of the song was more off key than then first half. Lily, Frenchie and Jared all threw in some clunker notes. Xenia's got a lovely voice, but she's just not ready. Give her a couple of years in small clubs and see how it goes.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Live singing almost always have a few flat notes. Hardly any singer has perfect pitch all the time. I was impressed with how much each of the *weaker* singers improved with their coaches input. Nobody was bad. I'll feel sorry for whichever of Jared, Frenchie and/or Bev do not go through to the next round. This is sort of their last chance at *making it.* But, they had their chance to sing on national TV by millions of people. The show is very popular with the 18-49 demographic and NBC and their sponsors are thrilled. The are actively courting the twitter crowd which is blending multiple social media forms. I expect to see AI revamp their format next season as a consequence.

I have no idea who will stay or go and don't really care. Sites like DialIdol will be useless at predicting a winner since there are so many different mediums for audience voting and participation. I've decided to just sit back the next three weeks and enjoy the program. I'm looking forward to seeing the team + coaches numbers next week. It's just such a treat to have judges/coaches/mentors who can actually sing. I'd only wish they could add Ben Folds to the mix somehow. I do think keeping the genre mix represented by the mentors is a brilliant idea as it appeals to a wide variety of fans.

vCash
    I want Jared to make it !!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast