17 41.46%
  • Nakia

10 24.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The great thing is that I have a slight preference but all 4 are deserving winners. It's win win.
    Agreed. I'm mostly likely to buy a Dia cd because I like her style the most, but I wouldn't object to any of the finalists winning. I think Bev and Vicci did the best tonight, but who knows how the voting will go. I certainly never understood who was buying all the Xenia downloads, so what do I know.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Heh. It looks like NBC didn't want people guessing the results from the ITunes rankings. A few minutes ago, they pulled all of tonight's songs from the chart. Even the duets.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    FYI: Online voting isn't limiting you to just ten votes. Not sure how long that will last but I just voted way more than ten times on the NBC website.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I just hope Adam, Xtina, Cee-lo and Blake all agree to do it again in the spring if they can fit it in their schedules. Maroon 5 is touring this summer and so is Blake, but they seemed to have fun with the program.

I'm hoping the blind auditions will be really good as I expect even more good singers to audition. The best part of the show is that none of the contestants are really bad. It's just that some are awesome.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    FYI: Online voting isn't limiting you to just ten votes. Not sure how long that will last but I just voted way more than ten times on the NBC website.
    More than 10 times for one singer? It's supposed to be 10/singer.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    They don't tell you when you've reached ten. I noticed that last week. But I don't think the additional ones count.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    More than 10 times for one singer? It's supposed to be 10/singer.
    Yup. I just voted a whole bunch for Javier and then realized I had voted way more than ten times. I stopped voting because I need to get to bed but I thought that was an interesting quirk tonight and wanted to share it.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Good thing I got the Itunes rankings right before they got pulled down.

14. Dia (she's ahead of Javier even though he had an extra hour of opportunity for itunes downloads.....will probably become a blowout victory for Dia)
    19. Javier
    89. Vicci
    Beverly is not yet even in the top 100.

Looks like the bland pretty girl will win. Blah....Bev totally rocked and deserves this!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Good thing I got the Itunes rankings right before they got pulled down.

14. Dia
    19. Javier
    89. Vicci
    Beverly is not yet even in the top 100.

Looks like the bland pretty girl will win. Blah....Bev totally rocked and deserves this!
    Bev is usually on the rock chart.

vCash
    I think Beverly didn't have time to rank because she sang last. Javier ranked quite somje time before the show was over and he was leading last I saw. I think Bev will rank. But, based on last week's rankings, I think she'll be last of the four.

vCash
    Bev is usually on the rock chart.
    She's on the overall chart, too. All the songs on the more specific charts also can chart on the overall chart.

vCash
    I'm still not sure who will win, but I think Dia has the clearest path to victory at this point. The other three have some overlapping demographics and may deal with vote-splitting issues. Plus Dia will probably scoop up the people who voted for Xenia last week.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Wow, what an amazing finale!!!!! All four did a phenomenal job tonight, and honestly I think any of them deserves to win. it's going to come down to style preferences, which is interesting because it means the mentors' choices could make or break the competition. It sounded deafening in there - I can't even imagine how chaotic it must have been to see and hear this live Overall the mentors did a fab job in the duets to allow the competitors to shine.

Mentors - "Under Pressure" this sounded a little under-rehearsed but a good song choice for the four of them to sing. I did smile a bit that everyone except Blake struggled to hit their high notes (Blake didn't have any high notes). MUCH better than the Queen medley!!

Javier - "Stitch By Stitch" this was a very radio-friendly song. He reminds me a bit of Seal - the voice isn't the same but the style of song is similar. I liked it but it wasn't super memorable. Ouch - Adam's comment was "you must be so relieved to have that over with". It's a running joke with my friends that that's what you say when you go see a fellow dancer's show and you hated it. "Man in the Mirror" - really nice performance of a song I don't love. Liked how Javier and Adam switched off who took the high notes and who did harmony. The arrangement could have been a bit more original, sounded like they had a karaoke backing track.

Vicci - "Afraid to Sleep" vibato was really noticeable in this performance - nerves? The song seems like a cross between Brandi Carlisle (another northwest lez done good!!) and Heart's "Alone". Would love to hear it with less production, but really enjoyed the song. "Love in a Battlefield" OMG this was EPIC. I just about fell out when Vicci came out surrounded by children just as tall as she is. For pure spectacle this can't be beat, and Pat Benetar is a great fit for her voice. plus she looked smokin

Dia - "Inventing Shadows" a great quirky song to fit her voice and persona very well. The breath thing didn't bother me as much as it did others, although the song hasn't stuck in my head as much as I thought it would. "Won't Back Down" - great arrangement and staging. She could do country, and I would buy this song as a single (yes I know I can, but I'm not buying anything right this second!). She looks great in a suit. Someone said they didn't like their 2 voices together but I thought they complemented each other quite well.

Beverly - "Lovesick" Wow. Definitely the best original song of the night. perfect for her. and what a performance. And great contrast to "Beautiful", which completely captivated me. it's pretty darned hard to draw attention away from Xtina, but Beverly held that song with her quiet and measured approach. very generous of Xtina to share her biggest song with Beverly.

I expected this competition to come down to Dia and Vicci - Javier is a fantastic singer, but I fully expect him to come in 4th, just because he seems the most mainstream or at least has the least big personality. I still think Dia might win, because she has shown herself to be so versatile, and so decisive in all aspects of her performance. but I might be switching my allegiances...as you all know, I LOVE VICCI .....but I think Beverly had the best night of all 4 performers and based on tonight, she deserves to win.

Wow. what a great great night of performances

now I just hope the tour is coming to Seattle!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I loved the show last night.

The songs:
    Stitch by Stitch - Decent song, but there's nothing about it that's compelling for me.
    Afraid to Sleep - Another decent song that got a bit monotonous by the end.
    Chasing Shadows - Probably the best constructed of the four.
    Love Sick - Adored the verse, hated the hook.

The solos: Dia (and she wasn't my first choice going in), Bev, Javier, Vicci

The duets: Vicci, Javier, Bev, Dia (Wow, exactly the opposite of my rankings for the solos!)

I'm happy with anyone winning, what a great night of entertainment.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I hope Beverly surprises many, and wins it all!!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I would love it if Bev wins it all. She's had me since Day One and that hasn't changed over the entire run. She brought it big time last night and so deserves to win this thing!!

I won't have a problem w/any of the other three winning this thing, but Bev's the only one who's really hooked me. I'd buy her CD in a heart beat.

Also Vicci and CeeLo's duet last night truly was of Epic Proportions. WOW!! Loved, loved, loved it!!!

Didn't care for her duet tonight though. It just didn't meld well at all.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Javiar and Stevie were beautiful together. So controlled. So smooth. Brilliant. Adam is starting to cry.

vCash
    Javiar and Stevie were beautiful together. So controlled. So smooth. Brilliant. Adam is starting to cry.
    I've been too nervous to watch but happened to sneak a peek just as Javiar was singing with Stevie Nicks. Absolutely brilliant. Rooting for the Connecticut boy to win!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415