• Beverly McLellan

17 41.46%
  • Nakia

10 24.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

The Voice: your favorite(s)

Who are your favorites? Only room for 12 in the poll, had to leave out Jared, Raquel, Xenia, and the sisters this time...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    How'd I'd rank the sixteen so far:

1. Beverly McLellan – simply AMAZING
    2. Vicci Martinez – incredible
    3. Javier Colon – loved, loved, LOVED his version of “Time After Time” 4. Jeff Jenkins – great!!!
    5. Jared Blake - very, very good
    6. Nakia – good, not sure if he's great
    7. Curtis Grimes – he luckily had a singing partner who shrieked all over the place. He sounded decent, but we didn't get to hear much from him. But I like his look...
    8. Frenchie Davis – I loved Frenchie on American Idol, but less so on this show. Her battle duet was shrieky!!
    9. Raquel Castro – a good pop voice
    10. Patrick Thomas – decent, curious to see if he's anything more than that

I'm not much into the last six:

11. Xenia – “nice tone” (yawn)
    12. Devon Barley – NEXT!!!
    13. Dia Frampton – writes children’s books
    14. Casey Weston – (somewhat butchered) Leather and Lace
    15. Tori and Taylor – hog farmers
    16. Lily Elise – chosen instead of Cherie
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Lily beneath the state fair girls? that's cold
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Lily beneath the state fair girls? that's cold
    I thought Lily was quite shrill at times, the vocal equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Whereas Cherie did quite a good job. I was when Lily was picked instead of Cherie. And I was And I was And I was And I was... Well, perhaps you get the picture...

vCash
    so it's a bittercakes thing?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Why didn't the poll include Xtina for best singer?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I thought Lily was quite shrill at times, the vocal equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Whereas Cherie did quite a good job. I was when Lily was picked instead of Cherie. And I was And I was And I was And I was... Well, perhaps you get the picture...
    Xtina seemed very impressed by Lily's poom-poom shorts
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I love Frenchie and her voice normally but what I've seen hasn't impressed me. Jared's voice is awesome and Javier is great too... Beverly is another great one.

What's American Idol?
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It really depends on what Frenchie sings. Of course, we have no idea if the mentors pick their songs in the live rounds, help them pick a song or the contestent chooses. I'm betting on the 2nd option as Adam commented that one of the reasons he chose songs for the knockout round was to get an idea of range so he could help with the later stuff. Real singers give such different advice than record producers, autotuned lip syncers or has been bass players (I'm looking at you JLo and Randy).
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought Lily was quite shrill at times, the vocal equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Whereas Cherie did quite a good job. I was when Lily was picked instead of Cherie.
    Same here. I thought Lily was dreadful.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Too early! With some song choices by the coaches, and just seconds to impress in their auditions, I am still not sure who sounds best. Frenchie, in particular, is a mystery ... loved her voice in the past, love a couple of her more recent YouTube offerings, so not impressed with her first two performances on The Voice.

But I voted anyway. Javier will get tons of love and pimping, so I'm already off his train. Vicci or Nakia FTW!

Jared* and Casey for F4!
    Or Raquel, if only because I want to see how she looks as stylists help her lose the Jersey look ... see how long she keeps the Snookie 'do!

*(My "Curtis Grimes" vote is my avatar for a Jared vote, and my to haribobo for not including the most man in the competition in his poll. )

Peter, we are on the opposite side of the fence re: a couple of the ladies. I find Beverly's voice to be commonplace, uninteresting and without nuance. It's her stage presence that makes me enjoy her and root for her. Meanwhile, Casey is a true find ... has a very very interesting voice, and I (hope?) look forward to seeing if true coaching by Adam can help bring it out and, Buttonism warning, let it sing.

OTOH, we [all] seem to totally agree about Lily being the CLEAR bottom feeder in the F16 acts; though, if it was just the blonde pork queen singing w/o her far better littermate, it'd be a close tussle.

I want Tyler back, daggummit!
    Last edited by Beefcake; 06-07-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Tonight is apparently a quarterfinal. Implying there is a semifinal and final. I hope this means we lose two from each team tonight, two next week and end up with the top 4 from each team for the final as this is a competition between the mentors as well as for the singers. This should really push the mentors into really working with their teams.

And the mentors sing tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I hope this means we lose two from each team tonight, two next week and end up with the top 4 from each team for the final as this is a competition between the mentors as well as for the singers. This should really push the mentors into really working with their teams.
    Nah, I want it to be one from each "team" competing in a foursome against each other, with the top two advancing to the F8. If Blake's team is extinguished tonight, so be it!

And I want it to be a blind draw, so that we get something freaky ... like the pig sisters advancing to the F8!

And the mentors sing tonight.
    Yes, definitely. "River Deep, Mountain High", please! (Nice, challenging, and importantly - long - song.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Nah, I want it to be one from each "team" competing in a foursome against each other, with the top two advancing to the F8. If Blake's team is extinguished tonight, so be it!
    That's what I want, too. It's the fairest thing to the contestants.

And I want it to be a blind draw, so that we get something freaky ... like the pig sisters advancing to the F8!
    I don't know about the blind draw. But, I'm not sure the sisters need a blind draw to advance. If the voting audience is anything like Idol's, cute country singers from the south could advance, especially if they express their love for Jesus and their country.

vCash
    I want Tyler back, daggummit!
    Yeah, that!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I don't know about the blind draw. But, I'm not sure the sisters need a blind draw to advance. If the voting audience is anything like Idol's, cute country singers from the south could advance, especially if they express their love for Jesus and their country.
    The Hogettes will be performing an original tune tonight entitled, "God Loves America Who Loves Jesus (Who Is NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"

Just give them the crown already...

vCash
    The Hogettes will be performing an original tune tonight entitled, "God Loves America Who Loves Jesus (Who Is NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"

Just give them the crown already...

There is a conundrum, however, that will be a heavy cross for their voting population to bear ...

... The Hogettes are from that Pinko Leftist Maryjane-smokin' Moonbeam-Governed Homo-infested Avocado-eatin' state of California! It doesn't matter that there are actually millions of rednecks here in the Cali ... we're all one big sin pool to the type of person who will embrace the Thompsons.

Is the Pig Sisters' Californiaism gonna cost them the title?

vCash
    Is the Pig Sisters' Californiaism gonna cost them the title?
    I'm still hoping that the 10:00 time slot will give us some hope that the best performer will win. Oh, and I believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    ^ It's moving up to 9 starting tonight, IIRC.

So, ... or, I mean, yeh

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It's two hours tonight. Ya'll are just mean to those cute little county fair girls.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast