Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Midnight in Paris - new from Woody Allen

A stunning film - set in one of my favorite cities. Well worth you time - will probably show in the art houses first - as it just opened on May 20 in NY/LA/SF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_in_Paris

One of Woody Allen's best efforts in a very long time. Plus a total all star cast.

blobsessing
    vCash
    I totally agree, loved this movie too! It's pure genius, and Paris is sooo beautiful!

vCash
    I have to see this one, the trailer caught my attention and I confess my partiality to films starring Owen Wilson. I have to wonder though when it will be released in the butt of Europe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I have to see this one, the trailer caught my attention and I confess my partiality to films starring Owen Wilson. I have to wonder though when it will be released in the butt of Europe.
    I don't know what the butt of Europe is, but this film has been released in France two weeks ago.

OTOH have no idea who Owen Wilson is.

vCash
    First half is BORINNNNNNNNNG to death, but the other half is really fantastic. And the landscape of Paris is nice too
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    I don't know what the butt of Europe is, but this film has been released in France two weeks ago.

That was my joke because I live in Portugal and usually it's one of the last european countries to release movies, I checked IMDB and there was no date, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Owen Wilson is the guy in the poster, he also played in Zoolander, Marley and Me, Wedding crashers, and a bunch of other comedies.
    Owen Wilson on IMDB

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing this. I saw the preview when I went to the independent theater the other day.

vCash
    I can't wait to see this. It's not coming to my local art theatre for another two weeks.

vCash

I am not an Owen Wilson fan & it always boggles my mind that he is cast as the romantic love interest. He seems like more the ugly sidekick type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I am not an Owen Wilson fan & it always boggles my mind that he is cast as the romantic love interest. He seems like more the ugly sidekick type.
    It wouldn't be the crooked nose, would it?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    May drag hubby to see this if you guys like it so much. He proposed to me in Paris so my soft spot for Paris is extra soft.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I saw this yesterday and loved it! I probably laughed more in Vicky, Christina, Barcelona, but this one is has a wonderful charm and is a lot of fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    If Woody Allen suddenly used a tall and handsome romantic type we would all die of shock after all the "heros" he (Woody Allen) played himself.

Sorry, I used to love his films years ago but he has annoyed me for quite a while.

vCash
    An Allen film in Paris set in two different eras...enough for me.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I guess I'm the lone voice of dissent, but I was never a fan of Woody Allen flicks going back to the beginning of his career. After all the crap that went down when he was fcuking his step-daughter along with the fallout cemented my disgust with the man.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I guess I'm the lone voice of dissent, but I was never a fan of Woody Allen flicks going back to the beginning of his career. After all the crap that went down when he was fcuking his step-daughter along with the fallout cemented my disgust with the man.
    Cyn, I don't respect a lot of authors, writers and actors whose work I admire, starting with Hemingway all the way to Woody Allen. Dostoyevsky was an anti-semite but I just can't give him up. So was Agatha Christie, at least before WWII. Lots of talented people also happen to be asshats. Picasso was no picnic but I love his Blue period. And so on.

I agree on one thing: until recently Woody Allen films seemed to be all one long movie about neurotic Jews living in NYC. But he's branched out, that's for sure.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Cyn, I don't respect a lot of authors, writers and actors whose work I admire, starting with Hemingway all the way to Woody Allen. Dostoyevsky was an anti-semite but I just can't give him up. So was Agatha Christie, at least before WWII. Lots of talented people also happen to be asshats. Picasso was no picnic but I love his Blue period. And so on.
    The difference of the case of Woody Allen is that unlike with a writer, you have to watch him and listen to his endless blah blah blah all about HIM and HIMSELF in many of his movies. So that makes it difficult to forget who he is.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    The difference of the case of Woody Allen is that unlike with a writer, you have to watch him and listen to his endless blah blah blah all about HIM and HIMSELF in many of his movies. So that makes it difficult to forget who he is.

Even he couldn't ruin "Annie Hall" or "Manhattan" though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just ignore those particular movies.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I happened to see this last night while I was visiting NYC, and I really enjoyed it. He made Owen Wilson almost endearing to me, which is no easy task.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast