Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Unfortunately Chris Mior didn't pass the medical exam necessary for competing as an athlete, so he won't be able to skate with Federica Bernardi. Federica is now looking for a new partner.
    Sorry to hear that, I hope it's nothing serious but it's hard to imagine being banned from competing otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Sorry to hear that, I hope it's nothing serious but it's hard to imagine being banned from competing otherwise.
    He had health issues during and after the FD at the Universiade. I was there and it was really scary...I know it may sound harsh, but I am glad he is banned from competing if this means he is not going to have health problems anymore.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    He had health issues during and after the FD at the Universiade. I was there and it was really scary...I know it may sound harsh, but I am glad he is banned from competing if this means he is not going to have health problems anymore.

vCash
    I had seen Bernardi's profile on IPS for maybe the past 3-4 weeks but I just looked again right now and she is not there, so maybe this means she has found a partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I am sad for Lorenza and Simone splitting, but even more so for Federica Bernardi & Chris Mior.

Bernardi is quite tall - around 167cm I believe. Who on the market is tall enough for her? Tkacheko? He is over 180, but he is also 28 ...
    Andrea Morrone is listed on ice partner search. He is Swiss and trains there but writes he can represent both Switzerland and Italy. He is tall enough.
    Any other ideas?
    I think it should be possible to give it a try. http://youtu.be/JaHmjuoo7KA

vCash
    Brand new interview with Italian men's champion Ivan Righini:

http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard
    http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2014/...n-righini.html

vCash
    Based on his Twitter/Instagram, Paul Parkinson has been enjoying ship life in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas.

Has Ekaterina Riazanova received her official release from Russia to skate with Simone Vaturi? Earlier thread in GSD: Potential partnership of Riazanova & Vaturi and other Italian dance news

Any updates on Berton/Hotarek's status? Posted on May 3rd:
    As Stefania and Ondrej belong to a police corp's sport group, they have to communicate any decision regarding their career to them before anyone else, so I guess that's why the news has been removed now. It is just a rumour so far, it hasn't been confirmed yet.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...arek-splitting
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-19-2014 at 01:40 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I don't know about Riazanova/Vaturi.
    About Berton/Hotarek, there are no news yet and I think there will be an official announcement to clarify the situation (or at least I hope so).
    About Bernardi, it has been written in the Neveitalia article so I guess I can write it here as well. She is skating with Saverio Giacomelli, he is a singles skater who competed at the Winter Universiade last year. They are training at the Forum ice rink with Mezzadri and Pelizzola.
    About Lorenza Alessandrini, she gave a very classy interview for the website InsideSkating. I really hope she is going to find a partner, she deserves it
    Uhm I think that's all, any other question?

vCash
    Thanks for the updates, pingu! Here's the direct link to Lorenza Alessandrini's interview: http://www.insideskating.net/2014/05...e-skating-with

I had started a separate news thread in GSD with the Neveitalia article link last month: Potential partnership of Riazanova & Vaturi and other Italian dance news

Uhm I think that's all, any other question?
    I posted about Kostner's "Pop Opera" shows in Verona, Sept. 20-21 and a link to an Italian TV interview here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4268785
    She hasn't said anything publicly yet about her competition status for 2014-15, right?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-27-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: To add ITA dance news thread link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the updates, pingu! Here's the direct link to Lorenza Alessandrini's interview: http://www.insideskating.net/2014/05...e-skating-with

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ian-dance-news c

I posted about Kostner's "Pop Opera" shows in Verona, Sept. 20-21 and a link to an Italian TV interview here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4268785
    She hasn't said anything publicly yet about her competition status for 2014-15, right?
    Nope she hasn't said anything publicly yet. Right now she is in Kazakhstan to take part in Denis Ten show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    A shame about this team. I liked them as juniors, but they just werent the same when they changed to seniors - I still dont know exactly what happened to them. Injuries were part of it, but lots of teams come back after injuries. Any idea what the other "problems "were?

Does anyone think Guerreiro would be a good match for Lorenza?

vCash
    Carolina is taking one season off.

Dear friends, I decided not to compete this season and commit myself to on ice shows (like Intimissimi on Ice - Opera Pop), university and friends! On Vanity Fair Italia, today you will be able to read more about it!
    https://www.facebook.com/carolinakos...54247417200024

vCash
    Which university does Carolina attend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Which university does Carolina attend?
    The University of Torino. I think she's studying Art History.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The University of Torino. I think she's studying Art History.
    It's actually called DAMS (disciplines of art, music and entertainment)

vCash
    New Ivan Righini interview: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/10/03/84021506
    Icenetwork: Tell us about how you are getting ready for the new season?

Righini: We had a sporting camp in Saransk (Russia) with my coach, Oleg Vasiliev, and our group. Now we have very diligent training sessions in Moscow. I already have a new free program that, I'm sure, will please both spectators and judges. In my new short program, I decided to revive a program that I had earlier but that no one saw; it has a Michael Jackson theme.

vCash
    The news is that the new couple Marchei&Hotarek will debut on 9 August in Piné (Trento) during the summer tour "madeinitaly" .

YEAH!
    vCash
    Whoa, so it's true? Where is Stefania?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Whoa, so it's true? Where is Stefania?
    I have no idea but a girl from our FB group is going to see Mozer's group and she called the secretary of the rink there. She confirmed that Marchei and Hotarek will be there and debut with the Ice Tour. Anyway, next week I think the program will be published and we will know for sure.

vCash
    It might be just for kicks.

It wouldn't be a completely crazy thinking though.
    In my opinion, Hotarek can lead anyone (just like Johnny from Dirty Dancing - and not that I was inspired by B/H exhibition, P/B had a much better one). He never tanked a side by side jump, and he always jumped what his partner was most likely to land.
    B/H best asset was Berton's triple toe, and their biggest problem was that Berton never had a second triple jump, or a double axel, so free programs were always going to shine on other's mistakes.
    Marchei has the lutz, which I'm sure Hotarek can land, she also can add a triple sal, or a triple toe, or a double axel to the free; provided she learns the partnering stuff, they could be competitive.
    And I'm optimistic about Marchei learning the partnering stuff, lead by Hotarek.

Yes, Marchei would now be the first italian lady skater, but would it change all that much for her world wise or euro wise?
    She has some reasons to stay in the singles, but the couple business with Hotarek isn't that much of a crazy thinking, in my opinion.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast