vCash
    I think all the substitutes are listed in alphabetical order

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    It's alphabetic order for substitutes.
    Ups I didn't know that
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Does Paul Parkinson already have the SP minimum score of 32? His TES at Challenge Cup yesterday was 31.77.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Does Paul Parkinson already have the SP minimum score of 32? His TES at Challenge Cup yesterday was 31.77.
    He already has it. He needs the LP score today or he won't be at Worlds.

vCash
    Thanks! And he did it! Parkinson got 69.89 TES in his FS today (min. of 60 was required) and can go to his first Worlds (in the country of his birth).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

I am happy that after Samuel Contesti worked hard to gain two spots for Italy, the Italian Team is able to fill these two spots

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Excellent news about Parkinson. He passed the high original FS TES minimum.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Team Italy for Worlds in London (From www.fisg.it)

Men
    Paolo Bacchini, GS Fiamme Oro, Peter Grutter (Allenatore)
    Paul B. Parkinson, Forum Ssdrl, Becky Calvin (Allenatore)

Ladies
    Carolina Kostner, GS Fiamme Azzurre, Michael Huth (Allenatore)
    Valentina Marchei, Sesto Ice Skate, Jason Dungjan (Allenatore)
    Carol Bressanutti, Ice Skating Bolzano, Lorenzo Magri (Allenatore)
    Substitute
    Roberta Rodeghiero, Sesto Ice Skate, Franca Bianconi (Allenatore)

Pairs
    Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek, GS Fiamme Azzurre, Franca Bianconi (Allenatore)
    Nicole Della Monica/Matteo Guarise, Olympic Dream Ice School, Oleg Vassiliev (Allenatore)

Dance
    Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte, GS Fiamme Azzurre, Paola Mezzadri (Allenatore)
    Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri, Agorà Skating Team, Barbara Fusar Poli (Allenatore)
    Substitute
    Lorenza Alessandrini/Simone Vaturi, Forum Ssdrl, Barbara Fusar Poli (Allenatore)

Interesting they chose Carol Bressanutti as the third ladies' entry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Team Italy for Worlds in London (From www.fisg.it)
    Interesting they chose Carol Bressanutti as the third ladies' entry!
    It's not to strange. Rodighiero failed to qualify for the free at Euros with 44.71, her personal best in the short this year is 46.85 at Crystal Skate.
    Bressanutti had her season best at Hellmut Siebt Memorial two weeks ago with 47.09. So the difference isn't so big, she get the chance now to see if she qualifies now. Francesca Rio had better chances as she has skated 3 times over 50 in the short this season, but failed to get the FS minimum, witch Bressanutti did.

vCash
    I think it's good that Bressanutti got the opportunity.

vCash
    RAIsport2 showed the interviews made by Arianna Secondini (journalist commentator for RAI) in Detroit and Novi, here is a quick summary:

BH: we are not thinking of the medal anymore now. You think of it for, like, two weeks, then you move on and set new goals. It's nice, thinking back, to know that we have earned it, but now we are focusing on Worlds.
    Stefania: (showing her engagement ring) yeah Rockne asked me to marry him in front of his whole family, I dind't expect it at all but I want to sped the rest of my life with him.

CL: winning the bronze was just the beginning, they are very satisfied with how Euros went and it's the first big goal they have accomplished, but there are many more now. As we have no chances at making the podium here, we just want to do our best without having to worry about placements.

Marchei: my goal of course is to qualify for Sochi. the French team asked me when I came here to get accustomed to the time zone and I said: two years ago!! Detroit is home for me now.

GF: we are excited for our second world championships.
    Charlene: it's gonna be cool to skate in a sold out arena, I loves when the public supports you, it means a lot to me when the public is cheering a lot.

Della Monica/Guarise now in the commentating booth (is that how it is called?), I am taking some notes on what they say and I will post them later.

By the way guys, if you have any question for a Team Italy's athlete, feel free to post them here or send a PM to Eleonorad or me, as the off season is almost there and we are going to make again the off season interviews

vCash
    Ok guys as I am getting many messages from people about Anna and Luca's performance, and yesterday on Stefania and Ondrej's performance, I thought it would be better if anyone who wants to tell something/congratulate/cheer up any italian athlete, you can send me a PM or post it here and I'll give to the skater. I am sure they're all gonna appreciate them

vCash
    http://www.nuovasesto.it/notizia/vis...rton-e-hotarek
    Article in Italian about the Mayor of Sesto San Giovanni (the city where they train - it's north of Milan) who yesterday went to the ice rink to informally meet them and congratulate with them about their achievements. Stefi and Ondrej said that their goal for the next season is to make the top-six at the Olympics.

vCash
    Ivan Bariev wants to compete for Italy:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1509228&type=1

But he skated at Nebelhorn Trophy last year for Russia, meaning he won't be able to fight for the Olympic spot for Italy there this fall. Also will Russia release him so easily?

And short update about Samuel Contesti:
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/inter...3contesti.html

vCash
    Let's see: last year's Nebelhorn was Sept 27, .2012 till Sept 29, 2012

This year's is the 25th to the 28th. Sadly, he misses out on the qualifier by a couple of days, provided, of course, Russia releases him.

However, if he competes after Nebelhorn for Italy in some senior Bs ,couldn't he compete for Italy in the team event? Italy has Carolina, Berton & Hotarek, and Capellini & Lanotte, and surely will be in the top 10 countries, and so will qualify for the team event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Let's see: last year's Nebelhorn was Sept 27, .2012 till Sept 29, 2012
    This year's is the 25th to the 28th. Sadly, he misses out on the qualifier by a couple of days, provided, of course, Russia releases him.
    Apparently he also competed at Cup of Nice, so the schedule of Nebelhorn next season doesn't really matter.

vCash
    Cup of Nice was in October, so wouldn't he still be OK for the team event at Olympics then?

In fact, does he need to have even competed for Italy (except of course at the Italian championships) to qualify for the team event? The article said his dad was Italian; I'm presuming he has dual citizenship with Italy already.

In any case, there are always Senior B's between October and the end of January, if he had to compete as an Italian.

vCash
    I hope it works out for Ivan Bariev, he probably would have more opportunities to compete for Italy than he has for Russia. I am not sure about his waiting period, though. His last (international) competition for Russia indeed was the Coupe de Nice in October 2012. The relevant ISU rule states that in case you switch countries you need to wait 12 months for international competitions and 18 months for ISU Championships, counted from July 1 of the season you want to compete for your new country (which would be July 1, 2013).
    Rule 109:

2.b ii) before July 1st immediately prior to his first International Competition as a member of the Member, he has not
    competed in any International Competition or ISU Championship for another Member during the twelve (12) preceding months;
    2.b iii) before July 1st immediately prior to his first ISU Championship as a member of the Member, he has not competed in any International Competition or ISU Championship for another Member during the eighteen (18) preceding months

Rule 109 2b ii and iii refer to skaters who want to represent a country they are not citizens of, however, below it is stated that the waiting periods are the same for anyone who represented another country before:

If a Skater, who has already represented one Member in an International Competition or ISU Championship, intends to compete in
    the future for another Member, regardless of the grounds on which the possibility of such change is based, such Skater shall be subject to the waiting periods set forth in subparagraphs 2. b) ii) and iii) above.

If this is the case, Ivan would need to wait even though he has Italian citizenship, if I am understanding these rules correctly. The waiting periods are shorter for pairs and ice dancers.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    By those rules he'd have to wait until 2014-15, where he wouldn't have competed for another country within 12 months of 1 July 2014 for international competitions and within 18 months of 1 July 2014 for ISU championships.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    IFS Magazine just shared this photo on FB - Federica Faiella got married this past weekend (and here's the album link). Congratulations to the newlyweds

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast