Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That's great news for him, and I'm glad he and/or the Italian Fed went for the exception. (I wonder why Papa Boris didn't go for one for Shelepen.). I didn't see a "decisions by the council" announcement, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I don't think the Olympic Charter is unclear: "Games" are the Olympic Games, and "Championships" are the ones designated by the official governing body of the sport. Senior B's aren't ISU events, let alone championships, and the ISU defines championships as Euros, 4C's, Worlds, and Jr. Worlds. Even GP/GPFs don't meet the definition of championships.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Hello all (and, first of all, sorry for my bad English ), here there are two new interviews to Kolbe/Caruso and Cappellini/Lanotte.
    Sorry, for now are only in italian, I don't know if it can still be interesting for you, but I report it anyway

vCash
    @cerchidigloria tweeted this YouTube video link yesterday: Valentina Marchei - 2013 NHK Trophy Diary (Road to Sochi 2014 ep.5)
    (To activate the English subtitles, click on the CC button on the bottom right corner of the screen and turn the EN subtitles box from off to on.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    New interview with Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek on Icenetwork

Berton, Hotarek make for perfect European union
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    "Carolina will not take part in the Italian National Championships scheduled to take place in Merano from December 19-21. The Italian Champion from the "Fiamme Azzurre" Carolina is fighting with recurring physical problems after her Grand Prix assignments this fall which keep her from skating at this competition, even though the event was included in her season schedule."
    https://www.facebook.com/carolinakos...53575799075024

Hope she will recover soon
    Last edited by npavel; 12-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Luca Lanotte and Simone Vaturi had an accident right before ice dance practice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Luca Lanotte and Simone Vaturi had an accident right before ice dance practice
    You scared me! I thought it was something serious

vCash
    Hahaha I got scared too for just one moment, when I saw it!! I am SO glad Italy has three spots for pairs and dance, we're no Russia or France so it feels good to have lots of athletes, once in a while

vCash
    I don't see posted anywhere in GSD: Kostner has changed her programs to Ave Maria and Bolero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJS5056 View Post
    I don't see posted anywhere in GSD: Kostner has changed her programs to Ave Maria and Bolero.

(I've just fainted - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

vCash
    Wow -- but I really miss the Bartok.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    A really lovely interview with Kostner where she talks about music and artistry when creating a program. So many other skaters should take note - she's truly special in this regard. http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/01/18/66821422
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    My interview with Anna and Luca.

Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte: "We have a beauty of the dance"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...nilanotte.html

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wow great job. I really admire how candid they are about their limitations and how they face them. Gorgeous photos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    My interview with Anna and Luca.

Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte: "We have a beauty of the dance"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...nilanotte.html
    Great interview!

vCash
    Lorenza Alessandrini has written today on her Facebook page that she and Simone Vaturi have split. Simone is going to try out with Ekaterina Riazanova next week.
    Unfortunately Chris Mior didn't pass the medical exam necessary for competing as an athlete, so he won't be able to skate with Federica Bernardi. Federica is now looking for a new partner.

Therefore Italy has currently two Senior ice dance pairs and three spots at Euros

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    How long had they been together? I thought they were very promising and am sorry they have split. I wonder what the reason is?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Lorenza Alessandrini has written today on her Facebook page that she and Simone Vaturi have split. Simone is going to try out with Ekaterina Riazanova next week.
    Unfortunately Chris Mior didn't pass the medical exam necessary for competing as an athlete, so he won't be able to skate with Federica Bernardi. Federica is now looking for a new partner.

Therefore Italy has currently two Senior ice dance pairs and three spots at Euros
    That's too bad about Lorenza and Simone. Weren't they an off-ice couple too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    How long had they been together?
    Since the 2007-08 season - Alessandrini/Vaturi's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010410.htm

ETA:
    Paul Bonifacio Parkinson article dated March 20 that was posted in the Retirements thread in GSD: Ottawa-born Olympic figure skater ends career after Sochi
    Excerpt:
    ... after returning to his training base in Colorado to take a pause after Sochi, Bonifacio Parkinson was considering his acceptance to the University of Toronto's kinesiology program. Now, he said starting his degree at U of T is almost assured, as he is just waiting on student loans and some paperwork to be finalized.

Though Bonifacio Parkinson said he is still planning on competing for the university's varsity team, he leaves the world of international figure skating with very few regrets.

"I have achieved everything I set out to do when I started skating," he said.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-24-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: To add Parkinson article link & excerpt
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I am sad for Lorenza and Simone splitting, but even more so for Federica Bernardi & Chris Mior.

Bernardi is quite tall - around 167cm I believe. Who on the market is tall enough for her? Tkacheko? He is over 180, but he is also 28 ...
    Andrea Morrone is listed on ice partner search. He is Swiss and trains there but writes he can represent both Switzerland and Italy. He is tall enough.
    Any other ideas?
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast