Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Congratulations to Faiella and her lucky husband
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I saw that about Frederica. Congrats to her. She looked lovely.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    IFS Magazine just shared this photo on FB - Federica Faiella got married this past weekend (and here's the album link). Congratulations to the newlyweds
    Thank you for the info and the link.

Congrats to the Happy Couple!

vCash
    There was a press conference about the official switch of two-time World Roller Skating Champion Dario Betti, 21, to figure skating. He will train in Milan under Lucia Civardi. Apparently he has landed the triple Axel on rollers and according to a well connected source can do "all triples" on ice.
    Article (in Italian): http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/13769

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    There was a press conference about the official switch of two-time World Roller Skating Champion Dario Betti, 21, to figure skating. He will train in Milan under Lucia Civardi. Apparently he has landed the triple Axel on rollers and according to a well connected source can do "all triples" on ice.
    Article (in Italian): http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/13769
    Thanks for posting it The English translation is going to be online soon
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash

vCash
    The schedule for the next season's Italian national competitions is now out: Italian Nationals are going to be held in Merano (Alto Adige) from December 19th to 21st.
    It will be an interesting competition, especially for the battle for the third spot at Euros in ice dance, the second spot at the Olympics for the same discipline and the men's spot at the Olympics, if Italy gets one.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9cWs...mDv4Gw&index=1
    Video of Berton/Hotarek practicing lifts with Patrick Venerucci. The lifts have been cut out

vCash
    ups, double post

vCash
    The Italian entries for the 2013 Grand Prix:

Skate America:
    Valentina Marchei
    Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek
    Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte

Skate Canada:
    Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek
    Charlène Guignard/Marco Fabbri

Cup Of China:
    Carolina Kostner

NHK Trophy:
    Valentina Marchei
    Cappellini/Lanotte

Trophée Bompard:
    Nicole Della Monica/Matteo Guarise

Rostelecom Cup:
    Carolina Kostner

vCash
    http://www.laprovinciadicomo.it/stor...di_1008554_11/
    A little article of a local newspaper (La Provincia di Como) about Cappellini/Lanotte.
    Translation:

Cappellini training hard, the goal are the Olympic Games
    Como -
    Only a two-months break, more or less. Since the beginning of june, the first phase of the preparation that will lead to the most important event of the next season - the Sochi Olympics- has started.
    Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte landed in Detroit last Monday. How did you schedule the preparation for the Olympics? "It started in Milan, and we have already chose the musics. Now we have three months of training ahead - Anna states - that will be very intense, with our coach Igor Shpilband, and after that we'll see." [I guess they didn't know the GP assignements yet at the time of the interview, so that's what Anna probably means]
    It is going to be a training away from prying eyes. "It's the usual pahse of sumemr training; we are goignt o stay in Detroit till the end of August, therefore for three months, and then we'll come back to ous base, which is Milan, and will continue at the Forum ice rink, our training base for the competitive season"

vCash
    I forgot to add that in a couple of weeks I'll probably interview Della Monica/Guarise as we are going to start with our summer interviews, so if you have any question for them feel free to post them here Grazie!!

vCash
    Thanks!

Another interview with Dario Betti: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Icenetwork.com: Tell us about your preparation for your first year in ice skating.

Betti: The work that I will have to go through is very hard, because I still have to learn a lot of new things. I'm already working on the new programs; I usually skate four hours a day on the ice with my new coach, Lucia Civardi, as well as working with Barbara Riboldi, who choreographed both of my new programs.

I also work on my off-ice preparation with Mirco Botta, who helps me with my daily workout at the gym; with Corrado Giordani, my new ballet teacher, who gives me lessons every day; and with my sports psychologist, Matteo Vagli from Mente Sport, who helps my mental preparation.

Icenetwork.com: At which competition do you plan to compete in the coming season?

Betti: I will definitely compete at nationals in December. At the moment, my coach and I are planning on taking part in two or three competitions right at the beginning of the season.
    Berton/Hotarek are currently training at Detroit Skating Club - photo link here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3941469
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the link! It's always great to read articles about Italian skaters from international websites
    Regarding Berton/Hotarek, they are going to train in Detroit until the end of August.

vCash
    With Google translater, the article says Mishin refused Carolina Koster. Did Carolina ask him to be her coach till Sochi Oly or she just wanted to join his camp in Italy? Does anyone have any information?
    http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/619475

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    With Google translater, the article says Mishin refused Carolina Koster. Did Carolina ask him to be her coach till Sochi Oly or she just wanted to join his camp in Italy? Does anyone have any information?
    http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/619475
    From the context he refused her to join his summer camp which is held in Italy now stating that it's not because of Sochi, but because they learned that when she comes back "she tells everything to her coach" LOL

I don't know if in this specific case there was any request from Carolina, maybe there was indeed. But I also know that Prof. Mishin loves to tell stories about refusing some elite foreign skaters. Before Vancouver he loved to mention that he repeatedly refused Lambiel to train with him. Stéphane was very surprised to learn that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    From the context he refused her to join his summer camp which is held in Italy now stating that it's not because of Sochi, but because they learned that when she comes back "she tells everything to her coach" LOL

I don't know if in this specific case there was any request from Carolina, maybe there was indeed. But I also know that Prof. Mishin loves to tell stories about refusing some elite foreign skaters. Before Vancouver he loved to mention that he repeatedly refused Lambiel to train with him. Stéphane was very surprised to learn that.
    I also doubt she asked him to join the training camp - it has been a while that she joined him there ... also, she only just got back from Canada where she got her programs done and is now joining the IceDome camps in Oberstdorf. And the fact that she would talk to her coach about her trainings with Mishin is only natural ... who would not update his own coach about what you have been doing in other training camps? Weird news ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I also doubt she asked him to join the training camp - it has been a while that she joined him there ... also, she only just got back from Canada where she got her programs done and is now joining the IceDome camps in Oberstdorf. And the fact that she would talk to her coach about her trainings with Mishin is only natural ... who would not update his own coach about what you have been doing in other training camps? Weird news ...
    Not so weird if you're used to Mishin's interviews. Sometimes professor is a bit delusional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post

Thanks for explaining the context of the article, reut! That's a relief to know it's just about the summer camp, 'cause Carolina doesn't need to change her coaches at all. As for Mishin's big mouse, I know when he talks cynically about someone, it means he thinks he/she is a very good skater.

vCash
    http://vimeo.com/62681417
    This is a video about Valentina Marchei, where she explains how she started skating and why she loves so much this sport. It's a short video, but very well done in my opinion. It was done right after the European Championships
    I'll post a translation of it as soon as I have time, but even if you don't understand Italian it's worth to watch it because it shows so pics of a very young Valentina

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast