Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    Uups I forgot to repy to Reut's post! I love that interview, and I like when skaters talk about their own view on figure skating, IMO it's interesting to see how every of them has a different opinion on this sport

Talking about the European Championships, Eleonorad and I are publishing the interviews we did in Zagreb. The first one is about Anna and Luca, we asked them about their first European medal, how they lived the competition and their goals for the World Championships

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/13281

As always any comment, critic, suggestion is welcome!
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    My suggestion: Can you start a new thread with your C/L interview so that more people will likely see/open/read it?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    My suggestion: Can you start a new thread with your C/L interview so that more people will likely see/open/read it?
    Ok! We are going to publish many interviews so I didn't want to open too many threads...but maybe it's better to do it?

vCash
    I think the 2013 European medalists deserve their own interview/article threads in GSD. Maybe for the rest you could create a new "Art On Ice interviews" thread for this season's remaining competitions?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ok

Talking about Italian skaters news, Anna and Luca are performing at Art On Ice in Zurich, Lausanne and Davos. AbsoluteSkating posted a couple of pictures about them on Facebook:

Picture 1

Picture 2

vCash
    Stefania, Ondrej and Valentina will be performing at "Rock The Ice" in Peterborough, Ontario, on Wednesday 6th.
    Full cast: http://www.rocktheice.org/cast%20iv%202013.htm

vCash
    Yesterday Anna and Luca made a photoshooting session with Vincenzo Cammarata at the Forum ice rink in Milan, where they train:
    http://vincenzocammarata.photoshelte...000GraJ6pUc9w8

vCash
    I see Stefania Berton has had a pretty great time not just on the ice but also in her personal life... congratulations to the couple

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting it! I really hope the Italian Team is going to perform great at the World Championships

vCash
    The official Facebook page of Anna and Luca is now online
    https://www.facebook.com/cappellinilanotte?fref=ts

vCash
    Looks like another world champion of roller skating will switch tothe ice and try to enter the national team. His name is Dario Betti, and the italian magazine Doppio Axel announced his decision today on its facebook page. He is now training in the Agorà ice rink in Milan with Civardi who also helped Guarise in his transition to ice skating. There's also a link to a video of one of his roller skating performances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgfZHeqTP7Y. I assume that since he competed in the men's singles he will stick to this discipline. Apparently he has trained for a while already and the results are encouraging.
    CaroFan™

vCash
    I wish him good luck! It's sad that roller skaters feel the need to cross over, I assume they wouldn't feel so tempted if roller was an olympic sport... they need new challenges I guess.

(and he is good-looking too, yay! )

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    I assume that since he competed in the men's singles he will stick to this discipline. Apparently he has trained for a while already and the results are encouraging.
    Well, Italian men were definitely under-whelming at this year's Europeans so additional competition at home would be welcome. Hope this works out for him.

vCash
    Interview with Valentina Marchei, post-Europeans/pre-Worlds: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

"Catching up with ….Valentina Marchei" by Pj Kwong (includes video): http://pjkwong.com/?p=1366

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Interview with Valentina Marchei, post-Europeans/pre-Worlds: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

"Catching up with ….Valentina Marchei" by Pj Kwong (includes video): http://pjkwong.com/?p=1366
    Thanks!

vCash
    Looks like another world champion of roller skating will switch tothe ice and try to enter the national team. His name is Dario Betti, and the italian magazine Doppio Axel announced his decision today on its facebook page. He is now training in the Agorà ice rink in Milan with Civardi who also helped Guarise in his transition to ice skating. There's also a link to a video of one of his roller skating performances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgfZHeqTP7Y. I assume that since he competed in the men's singles he will stick to this discipline. Apparently he has trained for a while already and the results are encouraging.
    This is a great news! I saw him live just a couple of months ago and he is gorgeous! He skated in a small exhibition organized by the local club and he landed a perfect 3lz3t...and I mean PERFECT! usually in roller skating you see a lot of bad landings and underrotated jumps but in his case his jumps are so clean and smooth! and it wad in an exhibition!!! I know that on the ice everything is different but he really has a good chance and he is young! Good luck to him!

vCash
    Ah, that was really impressive! Loved the music choice, choreography, presentation, etc.

I'm always amazed that the roller skaters can do such huge triple jumps with those big, heavy looking roller skates attached to their feet too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Ah, that was really impressive! Loved the music choice, choreography, presentation, etc.

I'm always amazed that the roller skaters can do such huge triple jumps with those big, heavy looking roller skates attached to their feet too.
    Yes, that was nice. First I watched it without music on, and then it even looked a bit funny to me (first time watching roller skating ), but with the music on it was quite different. Can't say that I like his posture (quite wooden), but his musicality is really good (can't be said of many ice skaters).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post

I liked him too, very nice interpretation.

I was wondering about a couple of things when watching:

It seemed to me that he did a lot of cross overs before the jumps - is this because you need the bigger speed for jumping on surface with much more friction, or do some roller skaters do steps into jumps like figure skaters?
    I assume there is no concept of edges in roller skating? Is this a challenge to learn for roller skaters transitioning to ice (for instance flip/lutz difference, variety of edges in footwork)

crossovers always look so short and 'funny' to me for roller skaters, must be because they need shorter glides to not loose speed on a surface with such high friction.

Good luck to him - with how the Italian team is doing otherwise, some guy could probably get a ticket to the team event in Sochi at the least!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast