Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kostner skating to bolero??? wow! should be amazing
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

vCash
    At TEB I had the chance to talk with Anna Cappellini about her and Luca's performances in their Grand Prix:
    Anna Cappellini: we are happy with our Grand Prix results

Later this week you'll be also able to read Ondrej Hotarek's thoughts about the pairs competition.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    The English translation of Ondrej's interview is now online:
    Ondrej Hotarek tells us about the Grand Prix competitions and the start of the season
    Ondrej's Italian is so good that I had a hard time translating some of his sentences in English

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    At TEB I had the chance to talk with Anna Cappellini about her and Luca's performances in their Grand Prix:
    Anna Cappellini: we are happy with our Grand Prix results

Later this week you'll be also able to read Ondrej Hotarek's thoughts about the pairs competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    The English translation of Ondrej's interview is now online:

Ondrej Hotarek tells us about the Grand Prix competitions and the start of the season
    Ondrej's Italian is so good that I had a hard time translating some of his sentences in English
    Thank you so much!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great interview with Hotarek, pingu!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thanks as always pingu. Great interviews!
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Thanks! I especially like the part where Ondrej explains how he and Stefania learned from the mistakes they did in Bratislava.
    Italian nationals are going to happen in about one month, so if you guys have questions for any Italian skater, just post them here. Eleonorad and I will be at the rink for the whole event so we'll be surely able to ask them
    Oh btw I talked with Luca Lanotte for a while yesterday and he looked relaxed and happy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for he and Anna to have a great GPF

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Carolina has revealed the music choices of her programs for the 2012/2013 season! She will be skating to:
    SHORT PROGRAM : A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & THE DEVIL'S TRILL
    "A Transylvanian Lullaby" from "Young Frankenstein" - Composer: John Morris - Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
    & "The Devil's Trill"-Composer: Tartini - Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pieta

LONG PROGRAM : BOLERO - Composer: M. Ravel -
    Conductor: Andre Previn & London Symphony Orchestra
    Wow, Kostner is probably the only singles skater worth watching a Bolero interpretation. LOVE the short program

vCash
    Today at 10.50 Cappellini/Lanotte, Berton/Hotarek and Valentina Marchei will be on raisport1 during the sport news. I hope that someone is going to record it, if I can later find a video I'll post and translate it.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxcy...ature=youtu.be
    Video about Anna and Luca getting ready for the Grand Prix Final in Sochi. It's not very long, but it's still better than nothing, right?
    I am going to post a translation of it soon.

vCash
    Very crappy translation:
    Anna: we are very happy to deserve this Final, and we want to show our best.

"Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte are among the six best ice dancers in the world. Thanks to the two silver medals gained in Canada and in Paris, they will comepte in Sochi at the second Grand Prix Final in their career.
    In Russia the Battle of the Carmens will happen again: the Olympic champions' Carmen and the Azzurri's"

Luca: we really want to give our best, very have worked so hard, and I hope to do justice to our Carmen.

Anna: when we started to talk about using Carmen we had doubts about it being an overused music, but as soon as we listened to it on the ice, I knew I wanted to be a Carmen! A lot of people have skated to it, there are so many different interpretations of it. The key is how you intepret it, because everyone knows its story, how it ends. It has been an honour for me, it was like being the ballerina that, among all the others ballerinas of the dance company, has been chosen to interpret Carmen. I like it and when I skate I try to communicate that feeling as much as I can.

vCash
    Does Italy have a competitive Men's skater? How will things set up come World Team Trophy and the team event at the Olympics?
    Oh how I miss Carolina. Loveliest young lady and super speedy skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Does Italy have a competitive Men's skater? How will things set up come World Team Trophy and the team event at the Olympics?
    I think it depends on what you do mean with "competitive" At Italian Nationals the battle for the first place will be between Paolo Bacchini and Paul Parkinson. I guess we will see what they will be able to do at the European and World Chamipionships.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3lJ...ature=youtu.be
    Video of Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek getting ready for NRW Trophy. I will post a translation soon

vCash
    My very crappy translation:

[GPF in Sochi this weekend...other important competition in Dortmund...Olympic champion Yu Na Kim competing...Berton/Hotarek willing to continue the positive trend they had in the Grand Prix series]

Stefania: we are happy with the results we have achieved so far. last year we gained one (GP medal). This year we improved our programs, our personal bests, our elements, and therefore our results.

"They gained two bronze medals at the Grand Prix in Canada and Paris, and they are substitutes for the GPF in Sochi. Stefania Berton and Ondrej Hotarek's career is improving quickly. They have two special programs, Paint It Black and Poeat En El Viento, and precise goals."

Stefania: we try to get on the podium whenever it is possible. Obviously it's difficult, there are a lot of factors that have to happen, luck and so on, but who knows, we keep on working hard, those podiums will come sooner or later.
    Ondrej: people watch us, they are happy with our results and improvements. We understood that because after the competitions we attended this year we also had to do an exhibition, so people do not only want to watch us compete, but perform in a show as well, and this makes us different and unique from everyone else.

vCash
    troubles in the italian federation after Zandron has been left out of the team for Euros

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12898
    CaroFan™

vCash
    Who knew selecting a second or third men's spot for this year's Euros would provide so much drama this year? So, Parkinson is going to Euros anyway, but Zandron was replaced by Bacchini? I have to say overruling your own council seems a little strange but Speedy already set a fine example when it comes to getting drunk on your own power.

vCash
    Anna and Luca have won the ISU Fan Favourite Costume Award
    This is a video of them showing their SD costumes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n718MQUDphM

vCash
    ^Thank you for sharing. Anna and Luca are so sweet, love this team and of course their costumes!

vCash
    Stefania Berton and Ondřej Hotárek: "You connect with people's hearts and they will remember forever"
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/inter...onhotarek.html

Interesting fact: while preparing for Euros they've worked with Stéphane Lambiel on their long program (choreographed to "Poeta", used by Lambiel for his LP in seasons 2006/07, 2007/08).

Here he talks a bit about his work with Stefania and Ondřej:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua2-8ux5nFQ#t=981s

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast