vCash

Cool Notes From A Queer Engineer: Yuna Kim And The Physics of Figure Skating

http://www.autostraddle.com/notes-fr...kating-219987/

Aside from one glaring error that says Yuna did 3 axel in a gala, it is really an interesting read.
    Awesome Richard Dornbush Rebooted ...hopefully
    ♬ Fabulous Maé Bérénice Méité ♪

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Physics for Artistes. Sounds like a tremendous idea for an undergrad gut course, right alongside Rocks for Jocks (Intro Geology) and Stars for Studs (Intro Astronomy). I took both, and enjoyed them immensely.

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    I'd love to read but it's too graphics intensive for my slow ,weak connection. Can you give a brief summery? Or a short summary?(thanks stupidphone spelling heper :-P )
    PLUSHENKO YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Physics for Artistes. Sounds like a tremendous idea for an undergrad gut course, right alongside Rocks for Jocks (Intro Geology) and Stars for Studs (Intro Astronomy). I took both, and enjoyed them immensely.
    State college?

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    State college?
    Sadly, no. In satisfaction of bullshit distribution requirements at 10x the cost. When Milton Friedman trumpeted the efficiency of the private sector, I am sure he did not have academia in mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Sometimes the silliest-sounding courses are the best! (I took 'Physics for future presidents')

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmcmurdo View Post
    Sometimes the silliest-sounding courses are the best! (I took 'Physics for future presidents')
    To be fair to my alma mater, the official names of the courses I took were suitably low-key, and the style probably haven't changed in at least a couple of hundred years (Introduction to...& etc.). 'Rocks for Jocks' and 'Stars for Studs' is what the students affectionately called them.

(BTW: what physics do presidents have to know? Radioactive half-lives and megaton yields? )