Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reflect View Post
    when did plushy win gold twice
    Well he thinks he won gold twice. It was those Eville judges who didn't give it to him the second time.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    ^the same evil judges who thought Daisuke didnt have the best sp of the night..
    have you asked him and you know he thinks he won gold twice?
    Because I have had and he said the second was bright silver :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    If he's aiming for the OGM in Sochi, it would make more sense to come back just for the 2013/2014 season.
    That didn't work to well for him in Canada did it? He should have trained more. I think he finally has the right idea for 2014, it's closer than you realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reflect View Post
    the other skaters won't be slapped because they can do the same thing under the same situation: lose their eligibility and apply to regain it.

when did plushy win gold twice
    well, when i asked the question, i just thought somebody made a mistake in the post......but seems there may be superhuman abilities to know another person thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    ^ This is Plushy's dilema. He has a reputation and self-image that he needs to protect. All other skaters in the competition accept that they might or might not win and all they can do is there best even if they do not win.
    I think he accept the result of the 2002 olympics,and those worlds.He didn't have problems to accept faillure.

I don't think he really think he is the gold medal,just his fans insist it and repeat it to make everyone think that way...

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    I believe Plushenko will be reinstated MacMadame. It is possible to find many reasons: the Russian federation did not follow procedure in alerting him, the ISU unreasonably withheld sanction for his participation in the show etc. I don't exactly remember the circumstances, but a less important skater might not have been punished for withdrawing from the post-Olympic Worlds and skating in a show (not a pro competition) anyway. I don't remember this happening to any other skater before.
    The problem I see is precedent. The ISU doesn't want to set one that will open the flood gates of ineligible skaters applying for reinstatement and maybe even suing if they don't get it. If they can give him back his eligibility without doing that, I think they might. But I'm not getting my hopes up because they haven't done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I think all that head-banging has addled your brains.

Cinquantta has already said he'll get it! I think you're just taking your Plushenko-hate to the point beyond denial.
    First, show me where Cinquanta has been quoted as saying he'll get it. All I see is RSSF trying to maneuver ISU into giving it back. In that article you tell me to read, there isn't a single quote from anyone in the ISU. It just says RSSF wants ISU to give Plushy his eligibility back.

Second, I am a Plushy fan and have been since 1998. I adore his skating and was happy he came back for 2010. You might not realize that but I also have stated in this thread that I thought his losing his eligibility was bogus. But apparently anyone who isn't 100% certain he'll get his eligibility back is a hater.

I suspect you only think I'm a hater because you are an uber who is taking your uberdom beyond denial. I am just being realistic and trying to have a discussion about whether or not the ISU will reinstate him that isn't based on what I want but on reality.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    How many of us really know ourselves outside our small spheres? Why should Plush or anyone else be any different?
    well~I just take it as one possiblity,not said it's true~

but I think a skater from the same country who have a long time rivalry with him maybe know him better than everyone here~

vCash
    a very interesting quote from Johnny Weir about Plushenko and people always think the opposite of Plushenko-Evan Lysacek:

``Evgeny is a very different person than me,'' Weir said. ``He will fight like a dog for medals, which is also something I admired in Evan.

``I was more about performance than points. I'm more artist-athlete than athlete-artist. I would want to come back and make people cheer and cry. I missed my chance at a medal in 2006; that was my time to shine. Maybe if I came back without that pressure, I could just enjoy the journey.''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I think he accept the result of the 2002 olympics,and those worlds.He didn't have problems to accept faillure.

I don't think he really think he is the gold medal,just his fans insist it and repeat it to make everyone think that way...

you may know all the plushy fans and are quite clear about their oppinion, but let me make it more precise like "many/some/a few fans insist blablabla....." -- a conclusion which can be used everywhere and hard for others to oppose
    Last edited by reflect; 06-02-2011 at 03:02 AM.

vCash
    I don't have a problem seeing Plushy again..he's an incredible skater.. it will be more interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    How many of us really know ourselves outside our small spheres? Why should Plush or anyone else be any different?
    Actually, AY is quite right. EP may not have any idea what to do with himself outside of skating, that can happen with elite athletes. He has been doing nothing else since he was a toddler. what is he supposed to do? Drive to work and sit at a desk for a 9-5, it would drive him crazy. I predict he turns into a Mishin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    ^the same evil judges who thought Daisuke didnt have the best sp of the night..
    have you asked him and you know he thinks he won gold twice?
    Because I have had and he said the second was bright silver :p
    Well he acted like he should have won the gold and pretty much said he was robbed. That came from him and his behaviour afterwards.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    That didn't work to well for him in Canada did it? He should have trained more. I think he finally has the right idea for 2014, it's closer than you realize.
    Yes, he should have trained more but I don't think he should have trained long. Most importantly, he should have trained smarter with CoP in mind. His mistake was that he thought he could just mail the gold medal in and had no competition.

There are three seasons to Sochi. The grind of training that long could be really hard on Plushenko. He has already past his peak.

vCash
    I predict he turns into a Mishin.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Doesn't he have a college degree in physical culture just like many Russian athletes?
    Last edited by Daria; 06-02-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I also feel a bit sorry for the guy....his enormous ego aside....in that I know he has the focus and hopes of much of Russia pinned on him for victory every time he skates. He's like a national treasure who must win for them. What kind of insane pressure is that? I wonder sometimes if he'd just like to gracefully duck out of the picture.

Of course, I don't live in Russia so correct me if I'm wrong. And I doubt you can do what he's done without a huge ego, so that's more compliment than criticism.

But really....living under all that expectation must be crushing a lot of the time.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I predict he turns into a Mishin.
    Maybe. Doesn't he have a college degree in physical culture just like many Russian athletes?
    Doesn't Mishin have a doctorate?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Doesn't Mishin have a doctorate?
    Mishin is even a professor. :-)

As for Evgeni Plushenko, I've interviewed him repeadetly, the last time this week (Monday, May 30) in St. Petersburg. This interview will be published later in IFS, so I will not post the transcript. But Evgeni said some interesting things.
    - He is content with what he achieved in the 2009/10 season, no way he sees winning the silver at the Olympics as a failure. And he did not complain about judges or judging in the interview.
    - He is optimistic for his reinstatement.
    - He really wants to come back and he is working hard but he knows that he is not 18 anymore.
    - He does have plans for a life after competing. :-)

vCash
    ^thanks a million for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Well he acted like he should have won the gold and pretty much said he was robbed. That came from him and his behaviour afterwards.
    Sure but what happened as you describe it was like one and a half year ago and despite the repetition here he has not expressed any discomfort for the silver since some days after Vancouver, like any other human he talked/ behaved in the heat of the events and then woke up and got over it. Maybe we should the same here.

Plu had done a lot from torino to vancouver, headlined a million shows, did tv as presenter, judge, a mountain show, eurovision, entered politics ,finished university and did a master, ok now he feels he can still skate, as he has said he prefers to try rather than regret some 10 years later when he wont be able to skate anymore, why would he want to sit on an office desk at 28 years old?I m pretty sure he is aware of what Chan did at Words and how old he is, i dont think skaters wait for us to figure out. As for Vancouver I believe he was not capable of a better Cop program or he couldnt afford to jump so much in the second half, i doubt Mishin team was not aware of Cop.
    what change of life have so many skaters done more, including Yagudin, they skate to tv show for so many seasons and in Averbuks show, I dont see much difference. I m sure Yagudin would have continued for a third Olys if he wasnt such seriously injured as well.

vCash
    deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Sure but what happened as you describe it was like one and a half year ago and despite the repetition here he has not expressed any discomfort for the silver since some days after Vancouver, like any other human he talked/ behaved in the heat of the events and then woke up and got over it. Maybe we should the same here.
    Hmmm I am pretty sure that quite a few months after the Olympics there was an article still going on about how he thinks he should have got the gold that was also discussed here. But maybe I am wrong.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast