Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Yes - it was a Cup of Russia competition many years ago, I believe.
    I believe it was a competition on the Russia Cup series, and not strictly speaking, a Cup of Russia (aka Rostelcom) competition. So the ISU never ratified it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Jesus!!! It seams that Plushy will have another surgery, on the spine!!!!
    http://www.kp.ru/daily/25703/904811/

They translated the interview on his official site, I´ll post here some interesting parts.

About surgeries
    -Zhenya, we are very happy for you, congratulations for the return! How you celebrate?
    - Thanks for the congratulations, but I do not celebrate, in fact, is not necessary. Of course, I am very glad for my return to amateur sport, that I can perform again on the world stage, to represent my country. For me, this is a great pride. I have always loved to compete. Loved and still love, so I will continue my career.
    But there are not very good news - I had surgery on my knee. Slightly cuted meniscus. I am now recovering.
    Now I am moving to Munich, from a rehabilitation center. To me forthcoming a small surgery on the spine. They will put the catheter in my spine, and burn the nerve. This is not good news for me and for my fans. But I think it's better now to do it all, clean up, so that later in the season, nothing not worried. And three years to skate conscientiously, qualitatively, without any injuries.

About his "delusion" that he´s better than current skaters and he will beat everybody
    I will work, not how I worked before, than I will work much more, because figure skating gone too far in terms of new skaters, in terms of skating, in terms of steps, in terms of techniques. Take, for example, Patrick Chan, Takahiko Kazuko, our Arthur Gachinski, and Menshov, another good athlete - they already jumps several quads. For example, Arthur Gachinski is jumping already three different quads!
    So, I have a lot of work, and I know that it is very difficult. I understand that it will be very difficult to achieve the results which I have had, but I want to try. Maybe the first season will be, as they say: "failed pancakes". Whereas others maybe grow and succeed.
    This sounds like a very reasonable person. He is cautious in talking about his injury, particularly the spinal surgery, and he acknowledges it is not good news. He acknowledges the younger skaters are talented. He is saying that he is going to pace himself and he is competing because he loves competition. How can anyone hate him? Haters don't need a reason.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Well, I'm surprised that he got his eligibility back. I wonder if this means other skaters will apply and successfully get theirs back as well.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Jesus!!! It seams that Plushy will have another surgery, on the spine!!!!
    http://www.kp.ru/daily/25703/904811/
    In the interview he talks about a "small surgery" on his back (not the spine). He is in pain and the nerve needs to be treated.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    He'll recover from this type of surgery in 2-3 days if there are no complications.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Well, I'm surprised that he got his eligibility back. I wonder if this means other skaters will apply and successfully get theirs back as well.
    Who else violated the provision that allows reinstatement and not (also) the ones that did?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    This sounds like a very reasonable person. He is cautious in talking about his injury, particularly the spinal surgery, and he acknowledges it is not good news. He acknowledges the younger skaters are talented. He is saying that he is going to pace himself and he is competing because he loves competition. How can anyone hate him? Haters don't need a reason.
    for every hater I'm sure there are 10 lovers.....

vCash
    fsonline is reporting that plushenko was reienstaed

vCash
    @fsonline
    FSO Webmaster Evgeni Plushenko has been reinstated as an eligible skater, effective immediately

let the games begin

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Who else violated the provision that allows reinstatement and not (also) the ones that did?
    I don't quite understand your question, but I'm sure some recently retired skaters might change their mind and want to reinstate.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I believe it was a competition on the Russia Cup series, and not strictly speaking, a Cup of Russia (aka Rostelcom) competition. So the ISU never ratified it.
    Ah, sorry. Lost in translation. My found "Russia Cup" and auto-corrected it to "Cup of Russia". Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    What could people post to make you shut up, I wonder....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    If you find out what it is it would be worth gold. Girl annoys the feck out of me.
    Um, excuse me? In what world on here did personal attacks suddenly become okay?

I was answering criticisms levelled at Plushenko by many in this thread. Can't handle that you're wrong? Well fine, but don't have a go at me.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I don't quite understand your question, but I'm sure some recently retired skaters might change their mind and want to reinstate.
    He was reinstated because he broke a specific rule that allows for an application for reinstatement. I don't know of any other skaters who were deemed ineligible under that rule, which doesn't mean there aren't any. Accepting Plushenko's application is not carte blanche for anyone who has lost eligibility to apply for reinstatement.

My question is which other skaters have broken that specific rule or any other that allows for reinstatement.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I was answering criticisms levelled at Plushenko by many in this thread. Can't handle that you're wrong? Well fine, but don't have a go at me.
    It appears that you can't handle that people might have different opinions than you, or that you might be the one who's wrong.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    overedge & misskarne
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It appears that you can't handle that people might have different opinions than you, or that you might be the one who's wrong.
    I hate people who are deliberately ignorant. Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone, these accusations were all levelled at Plushenko in this thread and others. He gives an answer that proves all of those accusations wrong - that is humble and cautious. I point out that the answer directly contradicts a lot of the haters' accusations. And yet I am the one who is the target of "wish I knew how to shut you up" and "feck the girl annoys me". I could say the same about a lot of posters here, but I do have a sense of manners.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of skaters or not, that's not on on a message board. We have PMs for that. Have a problem with me? Fine, do it by PM. There's no call for doing it in the thread.

vCash
    I hate people who are deliberately ignorant. Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone, these accusations were all levelled at Plushenko in this thread and others. He gives an answer that proves all of those accusations wrong - that is humble and cautious. I point out that the answer directly contradicts a lot of the haters' accusations. And yet I am the one who is the target of "wish I knew how to shut you up" and "feck the girl annoys me". I could say the same about a lot of posters here, but I do have a sense of manners.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of skaters or not, that's not on on a message board. We have PMs for that. Have a problem with me? Fine, do it by PM. There's no call for doing it in the thread.
    As I've said before, perhaps it's not the content of your posts, it's your delivery that's so off-putting.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And people should just put posters who annoy them on ignore and not discuss who or why they annoy them on the open forum. Thank you.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I hate people who are deliberately ignorant.
    Such lovely manners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    In the interview he talks about a "small surgery" on his back (not the spine). He is in pain and the nerve needs to be treated.
    Thank you for all the info you provide. Sounds painful though..

Kwanfan1818 you are the voice of reason around here

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Arrogant, believes he can win it all, thinks he'll come back and beat everyone..
    Hmmm that...sounds like Plushenko...to a T actually... imo opinion...of course....

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast