vCash

Any news about Joanie Rochette competing again?

I really miss her. Does anyone know if she has formally retired, or if she's coming back?

vCash
    i wish she was too = but I am kinda thinking not.....

vCash
    Here's a recent article: Rochette travels to Honduras with World Vision
    Accompanying photo gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f19597488.html

It was mentioned in the 2011 Japan Open thread that Rochette is scheduled to compete in that invitational Pro-Am on October 1.

vCash
    I'm going to see her speak tomorrow at a Heart and Stroke Fundraiser. So excited!!

vCash
    At least for 2012 - aren't Canadian Nationals at the same time she's scheduled to do a Disson show taping near Seattle? That taping is the evening of Jan. 10, 2012, rehearsal the two days before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I'm going to see her speak tomorrow at a Heart and Stroke Fundraiser. So excited!!
    Is she giving a speech?

vCash
    She did a few interviews in French during spring... Often, I read that she won't come back to competition until season 2013/2014 for the Olympics.

Then, I just read one where she said that she doesn't know what the future has for her and if she'll be at the 2014 Olys.
    http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...17-170913.html
    Although, one thing is sure, according to this article : she won't do the Grand Prix this fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Is she giving a speech?
    Yup - I'm excited to hear what she says...

vCash
    Yeah, it should be interesting for the audience. I am sure she could inspire me to donate to this cause...

vCash
    Joannie was interviewed on one of our local radio shows this morning. Lovely interview, quite poignant at times. She spoke a bit about her future plans, and genuinely sounded like she hadn’t made a decision about competing in Sochi. She also mentioned that she would be performing her competitive SP from the Olympics at an upcoming show. A podcast of the show will be available here: Hot 103 Live Podcasts There may also be a video of the interview posted on the Hot 103 website or on their Facebook page.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I met Joannie Rochette today and I have a picture with her to remember the day!!

Joannie did a lovely job today. Her speech was very sweet and then there was a question and answer period. The questions were good and her answers were throughtful, personal, and humorous. However, for those who follow her career, most of the information shared has been shared with other media sources.

Still, it was a big lunch and her dress was absolutely beautiful!! Such a sweetheart...

There were various media present - I'm sure there will be more links and information to come...