vCash

Mao performs the story of a queen in SP and skates to "Liebestraum" again in FS

This is an article in “Sankei sports” in Japan.
    Translated from Japanese.
    As for the free skating, Mao is going to skate to "Liebestraum" next season, too.
    June 21st, 2011 JST

The photo
    Photography: by Hirokazu Miyagawa
    Mao Asada who does the talk session in the inaugural announcement meeting of a brand ambassador. At Teikoku Hotel in the afternoon of June 21st.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/...1707000-p1.htm

By Kyodo Press
    In Jun 21st, former Worlds Champion Mao Asada revealed that, as for the free skating of next season, she skates to "Liebestraum" composed by Liszt as same as last season.
    She explained the reason, saying 'I can not be satisfied to have made "Liebestraum" finish while not doing my best performance, so I would like to perform the perfect one', because, in the worlds of April where she had aimed at the championship for two seasons running, she finished at the 6th place.
    In Tokyo Metropolitan area, Asada attended the publicity meeting of the mattress which she is using.
    She did not reveal the name of music of the new short program which uses a classic music, but she said "It is the story of a queen and I would like to perform that heroine perfectly".
    In this day, she seems to have been coached by Nobuo Sato coach in early morning.
    She is aiming at next season, while saying, "I am re-examining my skating and my jump now but would like to do the practice which I can feel to have become good every day even if it was only one thing per day".
    The article:
    As for the free skating, Mao is going to skate to "Liebestraum" next season, too.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/11...1707000-n1.htm

According to the article of Asahi Shinbun, Lori Nichol is in charge of the choreography as for FS as same as last season, but Asada suggested the minor change, saying, "Consulting with Lori, I would like to change it to the feeling which is different from this season.

This is an article in the web news site, “J-Cast” in Japan.
    As for next season, Mao Asada performs "a princess"!?
    June 21st, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Mao Asada who is sitting on a high resilient mattress pad.
    http://www.j-cast.com/mono/images/20...9048_pho01.jpg

Mao Asada was appointed to the brand ambassador of a high resilience mattress pad and the press interview for the announcement was held at a hotel in the Tokyo Metropolitan area in June 21st, 2011.
    In the interview with enclosing her after the event, she revealed something of a theme of that, saying "It is a story of a princess or queen", while saying that, as for the choreography of next season, the music is secret yet.
    The high resilience mattress which Asada publicized was sold since 2007. It has the characteristic as follows,
    (1) It is easy to turn over in bed.
    (2) The burden which is imposed to the body decreases because weight is dispersed.
    (3) The air permeability is high.
    (4) It is easy to wash.
    In Vancouver Olympics in 2010, about 70 players who contain Asada seem to have carried it to the Olympic athletes' village and used.
    It is used for the first-class seat of All Nippon Airways (ANA), too.
    Asada who says "I make it a rule to go to bed for 7-8 hours every day" emphasized the importance of the sleeping, saying "It feels like doing the best in the next day by getting enough sleep and it recovers from the fatigue, too".
    As for the use of the product, she said "The body does not too sink, it wasn't too hard, it was just fit" with smiling.

The article:
    As for next season, Mao Asada performs "a princess"!?
    http://www.j-cast.com/mono/2011/06/21099048.html

According to the article by Tatsuya Haga of Maichichi Shinbun, she explained that the music of SP has a flowery melody and she can enjoy music also and costume also.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-21-2011 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    I am glad she is skating to Liebestraum again. Last year was a wash. Hopefully this year she will find herself (and her jumps).

vCash
    I don't mind her keeping that program at all. It was a dream. Hopefully she can perform it to its full potential this season.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thank you for the translation, Akira.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Glad to hear she's keeping it. I'd love to see her have that dream performance of it next year. Nationals and 4CC was close, but not clean. Glad to hear she's keeping it...

I hope Yu-Na does the same and keeps her Homage to Korea LP. She didn't get a chance to perform it more than once and the performance was flawed. She can definitely get more miles out of that program and make it even better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    I don't mind her keeping that program at all. It was a dream. Hopefully she can perform it to its full potential this season.
    Agreed!

Thanks again, for the translation.

vCash
    Mao Asada in the press interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHBBgii-jA

As for the secret short program…
    00:00
    Asada: “As for short program, I have already created it going to Russia”.
    00:04
    Mao Asada attended the event of mattress which she uses habitually and told us that she is going to challenge the new short program from next season.
    What about the contents which weigh on our mind...?
    00:15
    Asada: “The name of music etc are secret yet, but…”
    “It is like a princess...”
    “of a queen although it is not a character...”
    “I look forward to it very much because it is such a feeling”.

vCash
    I am so glad that Mao is keeping "Liebestraum". I like it so much and I am looking forward to seeing it again next season. Can we see her new program at "The Ice" on July?

vCash
    "Liebestraum" was looking beautiful at Nationals and I am glad she is going to try to perfect it, but I am with Tara Lipinski that it is not the best piece that I could envision for her. She has a lot of fight and spark, and this is a little subdued.

vCash
    I found a blog which is translating from Japanese the several articles which concern Mao Asada and the mattress pad.
    I introduce the blog because I think it is very interesting.

The host of the blog is saying as follows.
    quote:
    Hi, I'm "Kumaneko" or "Giant Panda", am Mao's fan.
    I started this blog to let the world know what an exquisite mixture of Samurai and cute & innocent girl Mao Asada is, by translating Mao's words. Please enjoy!

The article:
    Samurai Athlete Mao: Mao's New Programs
    June 22nd, 2011 JST
    http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-112.html
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-23-2011 at 08:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah009 View Post
    I am so glad that Mao is keeping "Liebestraum". I like it so much and I am looking forward to seeing it again next season. Can we see her new program at "The Ice" on July?
    As for the performance in "The Ice", Mao Asada had always performed the exhibition program, such as "So Deep is the Night" in 2007, "Por una Cabeza and Pyadora" in 2008, "Caprice" in 2009, and "Ballade No. 1 in G minor" in 2010.
    So I am sorry that we cannot look forward to new SP or FS program, in "The Ice 2011" this year, too, but can look forward to a new exhibition program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    I found a blog which is translating from Japanese the several articles which concern Mao Asada and the mattress pad.
    I introduce the blog because I think it is very interesting.

The host of the blog is saying as follows.
    quote:
    Hi, I'm "Kumaneko" or "Giant Panda", am Mao's fan.
    I started this blog to let the world know what an exquisite mixture of Samurai and cute & innocent girl Mao Asada is, by translating Mao's words. Please enjoy!

The article:
    Samurai Athlete Mao: Mao's New Programs
    June 22nd, 2011 JST
    http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-112.html
    Thanks Akira Andrea for sharing. It is interesting. Now I want this mattress!

vCash
    This is an article in "Nikkan Sports" in Japan.
    Asada sister advertised an ice show together with Mickey Mouse.
    June 23rd, 2011 JST.

The photo:
    Asada sister with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in the press conference of "Disney on Ice".
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...23-794407.html

In June 23rd, the press conference of "Disney on Ice" was held in Tokyo Metropolitan area, and Mai Asada and Mao Asada sister who was appointed the special supporter of this year attended it.

It seems that the sister used to have gone to watch that show well since before they begin to learn the skating.
    While hugging each other with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse on the stage, Mai said, "There is such a pleasure as we can not watch in the competition, such as a back Flip".
    Mao who performs a queen or a princess in the short program of new season advertised the show, saying, “I look forward to the show very much because it resembles to my role in the meaning to perform the character of the story”.

It is plan to tour 12 venues in the domestic from Tokyo public performance (at Yoyogi first Gymnasium) in July 16th, to Sapporo public performance (at Tsukisappu Dome) in October 16th.

The article:
    Asada sister advertised an ice show together with Mickey Mouse.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...23-794407.html

vCash
    I'm glad Mao is keeping her Liebestraum program, which she never skated up to her full potential. I'm glad it's being re-choreographed; I hope they change the spiral at the end because I felt it was better in the middle.

vCash
    I really love Mao's "Liebestraum".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    As for the performance in "The Ice", Mao Asada had always performed the exhibition program, such as "So Deep is the Night" in 2007, "Por una Cabeza and Pyadora" in 2008, "Caprice" in 2009, and "Ballade No. 1 in G minor" in 2010.
    So I am sorry that we cannot look forward to new SP or FS program, in "The Ice 2011" this year, too, but can look forward to a new exhibition program.
    Thank you so much Akira!
    Oh, I would really like to see her EX. Is that a new program? by TAT?

vCash
    Thanks so much Akira for the information. I'm glad Mao is keeping Libestraum and getting a new short program. It'd be great to see Mao skate Libestraum cleanly at Worlds. I also hope we get to see Yu-Na skate her Homage to Korea program at her best as well.