Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Pssst! Could I Bother You For A Million Dollars?

I really want to purchase this property:

$1,335,000 / 3br - Hobby Ranch on 158 Amazing Acres - (Salmon Arm, BC)

I moved out of the city to the suburbs and now I think I really want to live in the country. And 158 acres would be enough, right?

I want to start an organization that will be called something like "The Dream Centre". I'd build a large housing complex (small rooms like at universities) where people can come live for free. The goal would be to clarify all of our life's dreams and then start taking action on creating a game plan specifying how we will all get what we want.

Morning will focus on our physical health. (If you don't have your health...what have you got???)

Afternoons will focus on mental health. What roadblocks have we acquired throughout life that keep us from getting what we want? How do we get rid of those road blocks? Afternoons would also be time to develop and strengthen social skills, which play a big part in one getting the things they want.

Evenings will be various classes, topics as varied as one can imagine! Anything that will help make us stronger so that we have more skills to make our dreams come true. Sometimes we'll have guest instructors and other times the participants will lead classes in something they have experience with.

Weekends will be volunteering in the community to help others, as well as to develop whatever skills we need to strengthen.

People can stay until they have the skills and the game plan that they need. Then we cry a lot as we let them go... Which makes room for a new person to come in. Everyone can stay as long as they want/need. I'm thinking we'll end up having a long waiting list.

BUT I NEED A MILLION DOLLARS TO GET STARTED!!!

PM if you have a million or more dollars that you don't need. I will try to pay you back, but this won't be a profit-making venture, so it might take me a while...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    If I had a mill to spare I'd invest in you Peter.

Sounds wonderful.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    when some generous soul gives you the million, i want to be one of the people who lives at the dream center for free.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Maybe Adele could help you - she could claim it on her tax to reduce her income so she doesn't have to pay as much tax.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Maybe Adele could help you - she could claim it on her tax to reduce her income so she doesn't have to pay as much tax.
    No guns allowed at The Dream Centre TM.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    when some generous soul gives you the million, i want to be one of the people who lives at the dream center for free.
    It's free for everybody. But you gotta participate. No time for FSU!!!

vCash
    If I had a million dollars - I'd buy you a house.....

the view looks wonderful, but the no time for FSU is upsetting.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    You'll have plenty of time for FSU. That rule only applies to mylittlepony.

:kisses:

vCash
    <snort> If I had that million I'd go in on it with you--as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue and finally create my fantasy modern dance troupe consisting of former skaters.

vCash
    There is a place just like the one you hope to build near King City. I went to one of their "services" one Sunday. They spend a lot of time "looking inside themselves". One woman said she really wanted to go jogging in the morning. She was looking inside herself to find the whatever she needed to get out of her bed and go jogging in the morning.

The person leading the service talked about a troubled place somewhere in the world. He said everyone should look inside themselves to see what they could do to help these poor people. They should put calming, healing vibes out to the universe.

BC really needs a place just like this Peter and having met you, I think you'd make a dandy leader of a group like this. I will warn you that the King City group does run an organic farm to pay the bills so it's not all sitting around and meditating.

If I had a million dollars, I'd send it out to you, but for now please accept these calming and healing vibes.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    If I had a million dollars you wouldn't get it, Peter. Now, If I had 72 million you'd be in with a chance.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Cheque's in the mail, Peter. Let me know when it arrives

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    <snort> If I had that million I'd go in on it with you--as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue and finally create my fantasy modern dance troupe consisting of former skaters.
    I want an ice rink as well.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    ...as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue...
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I want an ice rink as well.
    Those would be future endeavors for sure! I'd also like to create a community that focusses on music (where everyone will learn everything, there wouldn't be songwriters over there and producers over there and performers over there...). And a community all about learning everything to do with theatre. And a community which is all about social change. Maybe I'll create a community in each province! But I need...

Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Now, If I had 72 million you'd be in with a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    Cheque's in the mail, Peter. Let me know when it arrives
    ...oops! Problem solved!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    There is a place just like the one you hope to build near King City. I went to one of their "services" one Sunday. They spend a lot of time "looking inside themselves". One woman said she really wanted to go jogging in the morning. She was looking inside herself to find the whatever she needed to get out of her bed and go jogging in the morning.

The person leading the service talked about a troubled place somewhere in the world. He said everyone should look inside themselves to see what they could do to help these poor people. They should put calming, healing vibes out to the universe.
    Did she actually go jogging or just look inside herself to see if she could jog?

The whole thing sounds like it could be an episode of Family Guy.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

...oops! Problem solved!
    Let us know when it's up and running. I'll bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies with me.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You'll have plenty of time for FSU. That rule only applies to mylittlepony.

:kisses:
    then is takahashi coming to live on our hippie commune to skate daily on our hippie commune rink? otherwise, these rules are unacceptable
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I thought FSU was the Dream Center.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    If I had an extra mil I would send it to you Peter. But if I was going to build a center it would be a retirement community for figure skating fans. We would have every DVD of every competition & none of them would have any commentary during the skating. We would all bore each other dissecting every comp & arguing about the outcome of every major title. Then, being old, we would forget each conversation & argue them out again the next day.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    ...if I was going to build a center it would be a retirement community for figure skating fans. We would have every DVD of every competition & none of them would have any commentary during the skating. We would all bore each other dissecting every comp & arguing about the outcome of every major title. Then, being old, we would forget each conversation & argue them out again the next day.
    I think that's already happening in all the play-by-play threads!

My place would be pretty grounded. If someone wanted to jog, we'd find out everybody else who wanted to jog and then do it. If she wasn't present, we'd find her and ask what's going on. Use a lot of listening techniques as well as encouragement. "Come on, let's go!" Definitely lots more jogging than sitting and processing, though.

Discussion groups on how to create change would be really good. And studying up on various areas that need help and researching groups that are already creating change and how one can join up and get in there! Lots of action-based work for sure.

If I had a million dollars, I'd send it out to you...
    Keep up with those lottery tickets!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    If I had an extra mil I would send it to you Peter. But if I was going to build a center it would be a retirement community for figure skating fans. We would have every DVD of every competition
    assuming taf has alcohol, i'd rather do this then sit in some circle and wait for someone to hand me the spirit stick, sorry peter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast