• OMG, Haley Reinhart! WTF!!

22 40.74%
  • Whoever wins Dancing With the Stars

15 27.78%
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

I can understand singers changing a mediocre song and adding all the runs and ad-libs to make it better. But some melodies are strong enough that you just leave them as is and sing the song. Kelly should have just sang the song instead of trying to "improve" it.
    I love when people change the anthem so long as it is still recognizable. You hear the National Anthem so often that it gets really old hearing the same traditional version. Then again, I don't know if you are being serious or not.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Check out David Cook performing with PS22 choir in New York. Those kids are the real stars of these videos, and I know David would agree.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    David Cook's new album is streaming on AOL:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/2

And Michael Slezak's interview with Haley is up:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/idoloo...xit-interview/

Did he do one with Casey?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    David Cook's new album is streaming on AOL:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/2
    I was trying to hold off until I had the actual CD next week, but my entire Twitter feed keeps quoting lyrics, so I'd better listen tonight before I'm too spoiled. The good thing is that AOL corrected the order of tracks; they'd had them mixed up until a little while ago, and from what I'm hearing, it's an album that must be listened to in the proper order.

So tonight I'll be with my big headphones on, eyes closed, listening to the stream. But the CD also has two bonus songs plus the EP has 5 of the songs acoustically, so there'll be more to come next week.

And Michael Slezak's interview with Haley is up:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/idoloo...xit-interview/
    I loved this interview. Gotta give mad props to Haley for handling everything the way she did.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Not sure if this was shared, don't think it was:

Allison Iraheta and David Hernandez did a version of "Rolling in the Deep."

David Hernandez sounded quite amazing, actually. Allison, well, I love you and all but maybe not this type of song from now on? I don't know if she was just giving it her own twist or if she didn't know the song but the lyrics were all wrong and her phrasing was way off. It might have come off better as a solo performance but as a duet it was odd to hear him stick to the melody and then she comes in and doesn't know the words or melody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRHln...eature=related
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yeah, I didn't think Allison did a very good job with that song. Her voice is a too heavy for the song, and all the embellishments take away from the melody.

I didn't listen to all of Cook's CD but I listened to "Time Marches On" and "Goodbye to the Girl" which people kept mentioning in the comments. I liked them both. I think the former should be a single at some point and the latter is a good album track.

vCash
    I finally listened to the entirety of David Cook's album. Woah....it's so good. I'm actually speechless, and I like to think of myself as a pretty objective fan in most respects. Do yourself a favor, if you're going to listen, listen all the way through with headphones. This is really good, much different than I expected, and certainly (as a whole) not the run-of-the-mill same old same old we hear on the radio these days.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I finally listened to the entirety of David Cook's album. Woah....it's so good. I'm actually speechless, and I like to think of myself as a pretty objective fan in most respects. Do yourself a favor, if you're going to listen, listen all the way through with headphones. This is really good, much different than I expected, and certainly (as a whole) not the run-of-the-mill same old same old we hear on the radio these days.
    I listened to more of the CD, going from beginning to end but not finishing all the tracks. Unfortunately, I don't really like the album. It's just not my kind of sound, too many mid-tempo rock ballads without as many catchy hooks, IMO. David is a good singer too, but I guess I just prefer lighter, poppier voices. However, despite not being in his target demographic, I wouldn't mind listening to a track or two when I'm in the mood for mid-tempo, current rock.

By the way, I have a feeling that Kris and Jordin are both going to be moving to RCA soon. Jive is splitting from the RCA/Jive Label Group and will join with Epic under music exec LA Reid, who's going to take the group in a more urban direction. Some Jive Label Group artists are going with Reid and some are going to RCA.

vCash
    I loved this interview. Gotta give mad props to Haley for handling everything the way she did.
    Yeah. I can't remember ever changing my mind so much about an Idol contestant over the course of a season. I didn't care for her at all at first. Now, I think she's great. I think it helped a lot that she started insisting on singing what she wanted to sing and getting back to her roots. It's really clear that she loves jazz, so I hope she finds a way to incorporate some of that into what she records. Her story about "Moanin'" was really great and her passion for that music was really evident.

Do yourself a favor, if you're going to listen, listen all the way through with headphones.
    I couldn't understand why some people were so upset that AOL had screwed up the track order, but it really does play better in the order David chose. When I first heard the snippets, most of them ran together in my mind, but it's much more interesting when you listen to the full album, starting with Circadian and ending with Rapid Eye Movement. I do wish there was a little more variety, at least in terms of tempo. And, I still would like it to rock a little harder and be a little more raw vocally and musically. But, overall, I definitely prefer this to his last album. Right now, my favorites are Circadian, Time Marches On, Goodbye to the Girl, and Rapid Eye Movement, but maybe it's just because these are a little bit more different than the other ones. Also, for some reason, this sounds more like an album I'd listen to in the winter, not the summer. It's really pretty somber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Did he do one with Casey?
    He said he did but the audio or something got corrupted. I think he was trying to interview Casey again.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I started a separate thread for David Cook's album.

David Cook thread

Now I don't have to negative-rep every 9th post and can read about season 10 in this thread instead of somebody who was on American Idol eight years ago.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I finally listened to the entirety of David Cook's album. Woah....it's so good. I'm actually speechless, and I like to think of myself as a pretty objective fan in most respects.
    Silly Kruss!
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Silly Kruss!
    See my reply in the David Cook thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I started a separate thread for David Cook's album.

David Cook thread

Now I don't have to negative-rep every 9th post and can read about season 10 in this thread instead of somebody who was on American Idol eight years ago.
    Thanks for the thread, and for not neg-repping me. I would have started one, but saw other comments here, so thought it was the place to post...
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Thanks for the thread, and for not neg-repping me. I would have started one, but saw other comments here, so thought it was the place to post...
    You have to be VERY special to get a red blob from me. (It's a very small club.)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    LOL!
    ~DC

vCash
    Haley Reinhart, James Durbin, & Pia Toscanno have signed management deals with Red Light Management whose clients include Alanis Morissette, Alicia Keys, Dave Matthews, Phish and Tim McGraw:

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...ixzz1QOm074Nl:

vCash
    The EPs have come out for the top 4 finalists. I am going to buy Haley's just to show Idol who SHOULD have won and who got the raw end of the deal from the Producers and judges.

Also, Kelly Clarkson's possible lead single leaked today and then it was sent to some radio stations which have begun spinning it tonight. It is called Let Me Down. I do like it, not what I thought as a lead single, but very good. Oh, and as I type this, it is playing again on a CT radio station.
    Last edited by BigB08822; 07-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.
    -Brian

vCash
    Some tweets are coming out of tonight's Idol tour - for those who are interested:

Spoiler

~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The EPs have come out for the top 4 finalists. I am going to buy Haley's just to show Idol who SHOULD have won and who got the raw end of the deal from the Producers and judges.
    Poor Haley even got a raw deal on the EP. The one new song they added was the one she didn't like, "You Oughta Know."

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to put out an EP for Pia. She reportedly sang eight different songs along with the closoing medley during the tour concert tonight. Most of them were not solos, but she had just as many solos as Lauren and Haley and one of them was her new single that is being released next week. Someone with power is really behind her. Poor Paul got one solo - a song he didn't want to do -- and no duets. I don't know if there's ever been an Idol contestant to get less singing time on tour.

vCash
    Maybe that was because Paul's voice can't take performing every single night? Maybe some nights he will get to sing more tracks? I know his voice was almost completely gone when he got the boot.
    -Brian

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast