View Poll Results: Who's Your Idol?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scotty McCreery

    14 25.93%
  • Lauren Alaina

    3 5.56%
  • OMG, Haley Reinhart! WTF!!

    22 40.74%
  • Whoever wins Dancing With the Stars

    15 27.78%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 582
  1. #321
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Partying with the Skate Gods
    Posts
    39,960
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    17004
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I read an article about Crystal Bowersox today. Her career seems the epitome of success in that she is achieving her dreams by performing the music she wants to perform, even if it is in a coffee house. With a smile on her face.
    Ultimately, that's what's important. Kris Allen is recording Christian music which is what he wanted to do and it's selling well in that genre. Success is what the individual singer deems it to be.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

  2. #322
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,087
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Ultimately, that's what's important. Kris Allen is recording Christian music which is what he wanted to do and it's selling well in that genre. Success is what the individual singer deems it to be.
    I hadn't heard that he wanted to do Christian music and hadn't heard that he was recording Christian music. Has he changed labels? Jason Castro apparently is recording a Christian album, too. That was more to be expected since he made it pretty clear even at the time he was on the Idol tour that he was interested in doing that, and his full album sort of targeted that market. I don't think Jive had intended to go in that direction with Kris.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I read an article about Crystal Bowersox today. Her career seems the epitome of success in that she is achieving her dreams by performing the music she wants to perform, even if it is in a coffee house. With a smile on her face.
    Haley said in one of her interviews that Crystal's success in doing the music she wants to do is an inspiration for her. I hope Haley can manage that, too, though I think it really helps that Crystal is a songwriter.

  3. #323

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    Posts
    21,093
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12584
    I wouldn't mind seeing what David Foster could do with Haley's singing.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

  4. #324
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Partying with the Skate Gods
    Posts
    39,960
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    17004
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I hadn't heard that he wanted to do Christian music and hadn't heard that he was recording Christian music. Has he changed labels? Jason Castro apparently is recording a Christian album, too. That was more to be expected since he made it pretty clear even at the time he was on the Idol tour that he was interested in doing that, and his full album sort of targeted that market. I don't think Jive had intended to go in that direction with Kris.
    \.
    Oddly, it's his album with Jive that's doing well in the contempory Christian market. He had a pretty big following because of his singing with his church before Idol. It's a big church and they marketed several CDs before he did the show. Since then, his album has got a lot of play on the contemp Christian radio.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

  5. #325

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15002
    I missed the show and the hours leading up to it. Did everyone see how the drudge report had results before hand? Any idea how such a big slip up happened? I would love to know other results before hand, save myself the trouble of those god awful results shows!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  6. #326

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15002
    OMG! I am Jimmy Kimmel just did a segment on Steven Tyler's ickiest moments this season. Some of the clips they found are just hilarious!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  7. #327

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    7,292
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15426
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Ultimately, that's what's important. Kris Allen is recording Christian music which is what he wanted to do and it's selling well in that genre. Success is what the individual singer deems it to be.
    Kris Allen is NOT recording Christian music. His song "Live Like We're Dying" did get airplay on Christian stations but the label did not promote it there at all. He's working on his second album now and the producers/writers he's been working with are definitely pop focused, not in the Christian market at all.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

  8. #328
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,087
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing what David Foster could do with Haley's singing.
    Please, no. Even Josh Groban has had enough of David Foster. And Foster did nothing for Katharine McPhee or Michael Johns. Maybe Foster can work with Pia, who apparently is recording a Whitney/Celine type album.

  9. #329

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    5,502
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4390
    I thought the show was great. Who goes from Tony Bennett to Lady GaGa in 120 minutes! Casey and James were a riot. They should go on the road with that.

    I loved both Scottie and Lauren A., so for me it was all fun. I thought Scotty was such a mensch............loved the way he went down and hugged his family, and then came back up to acknowledge his Idol compatriots. Loved it.

    The commercials, however..............I started watching 30 minutes late, and was up to actual time in about 25 minutes. I have NEVER seen so many commercials in my life!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

  10. #330

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    5,502
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4390
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I missed the show and the hours leading up to it. Did everyone see how the drudge report had results before hand? Any idea how such a big slip up happened? I would love to know other results before hand, save myself the trouble of those god awful results shows!
    I did see that. The Idol results was up from first thing in the morning yesterday. I (quickly) read the article linked to the headline.........but I didn't see that the article was declaring a winner. Puzzling. and the "developing" line below that link "Scotty got more than twice as many votes as Lauren" never............well.............developed.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

  11. #331

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,530
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, the Dial Idol results were VERY conclusive. They've never been wrong on the finale night that I can remember. But who knows if they were going by that or something else.

  12. #332
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    Wow, what a line up that was!!!!! It was like an old Farm Aid, antiapartheid, Amnesty INt'l show of the 80s.

    U-2 and Steven Tyler - 2 of my biggest faves ever! I nearly fell off my chair!!!! If Mick and Bruce had been there, I would have died and gone to heaven.

    Loved James and Judas Priest!!!!! Except James needs a leather designer instead of AI wardrobe department.

    I love Tom Jones too! He was my fave when I was 3 years old!!!!

    Casey and Jack Black were pretty hilarious. Jacob was in his element with the gospel star whose name I can't recall. Then Gladys Knight shows up. What is going on here.
    Scotty held his own with Tim McGraw. Poor Lauren, I think they had to redo the duet to accomodate her voice injury. Carrie wiped the floor with little Lauren, but then again, Carrie sang most of the song. OK guys, I do like a little country rock if it is rocked up enough so I do like that Carrie song.

    Woo hoo Tony Bennett! He used to play at the club I worked at and he is the nicest man. Haley did great.

    I like latin music so I like Marc Anthony. JLo was shaking it.

    Ladies, watch Beyonce stomp. That is how you stomp. Naima was the only one who could keep up a little with the moves.

    Ok I can do without seeing Gaga, but that was um, interesting.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  13. #333

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,784
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ok I can do without seeing Gaga, but that was um, interesting.
    At least Mark from SYTYCD is getting the work!!!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  14. #334
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    12,988
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    5666
    I love Mark!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  15. #335
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Scotty & Lauren are 1 & 2 on iTunes.

  16. #336

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,122
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17638
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Scotty & Lauren are 1 & 2 on iTunes.
    Do you really believe it? I believe it's more Idol BS. People have had the chance to buy their music all season so the only thing that's new now is the songs from Tuesday night which weren't all that great. IMO of course.

  17. #337

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,085
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Meanwhile, Slezak retweeted something about Haley having 5 songs in the top 200, more than any of the other S10 Idols.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

  18. #338

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,784
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Meanwhile, Slezak retweeted something about Haley having 5 songs in the top 200, more than any of the other S10 Idols.
    Wouldn't be surprised. Brian Mansfield at USAToday reviewed all the studio recordings and rated several of hers with "buy this" recommendations.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  19. #339

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,122
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    17638
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised. Brian Mansfield at USAToday reviewed all the studio recordings and rated several of hers with "buy this" recommendations.
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find this article.

    BTW the Haley record deal rumor appears to be true: http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...ord-deal-works

  20. #340

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,784
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    3403
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find this article.

    BTW the Haley record deal rumor appears to be true: http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...ord-deal-works
    It's not one article. Brian Mansfield is the blogger for the Idol Chatter section of USA Today. If you scroll through the archive, you can find his weekly reviews of the songs in iTunes, usually posted a day or two after the performance date. Main Idol Chatter link is here.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •