Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Is judgejudy an extremely poor man's Perez Hilton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I agree.

And I find Leonova much more musical than Slutskaya, and she looks like she is enjoying herself when she skates, unlike Slutskaya whose skating was very business-like.

Besides the layback, I don't necessarily think Lenova's spins are worse, especially looking at Slutskaya's COP spins.
    Leonova has some really good spins. I love her flying sit - the air and lift she gets is fantastic - so light and quick.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Not similar at all...except that both are Russian. Leonova is more feminine, has nicer line, more musical, etc. Slutskaya definitely more "tomboy," more solid on the jumps and flexible in spins.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    So what's wrong with being poor or being like Slutskaya? If every skater skated like your favorite you'd be bored to tears and complaining that everyone looks alike.

vCash
    People will always say things like this, Leonova is a poor man's Slutskaya, Gao is a poor man's Kim, Dobbs is a poor man's Lepisto, Hicks is a poor man's Cohen, Shoji is a poor man's Arakawa, Nagasu is a poor man's Yamaguchi, yada yada....and then there are the reoccuring random debates like Kim vs. Kwan, Asada vs. Ito, Czisny vs. Cohen, etc. People will compare, but ultimately each skater is unique and has his/her strengths and weaknesses.

Leonova isn't my cup of tea, but she's very voidy and interesting in a way Slutskaya never was, and when she's "on" her performances are very electric, IMO.

vCash
    Leonova is fun to watch but i like Slutskaya way more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingood View Post
    Leonova is fun to watch but i like Slutskaya way more.
    Agreed. But not everyone can be Irina Slutskaya, she's a legend of this sport, that's very big shoes to fill for anyone.

vCash
    Slutskaya probably should have won 4 or 5 World titles and 2 Olympic Golds. There were many times more she would have a big title with a clean skate. She lacked the competitive nerve of Kwan or Lipinski though.

vCash
    Yea i agree with you pinky. Can't wait see russian strong juniors do near future in senior stages.

vCash
    You're such a ray of sunshine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Slutskaya probably should have won 4 or 5 World titles and 2 Olympic Golds. There were many times more she would have a big title with a clean skate. She lacked the competitive nerve of Kwan or Lipinski though.
    Oh for pete sake! You criticise her for not winning worlds titles when she was competing against who you consider a skating god. And as for competitive nerve, that is just crap. She was one of the most gutsy skaters out there and everytime she went out there she gave it her all.

Stop putting skaters on pedestals and then shoot them down. They all go out there to do their best and the shit you hang on them is really just unacceptable. And there is such a lack of consistency in your arguments.

Why don't you start a thread about how badly Irina was robbed by Michelle then.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    wait! this needs

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Oh for pete sake! You criticise her for not winning worlds titles when she was competing against who you consider a skating god. And as for competitive nerve, that is just crap. She was one of the most gutsy skaters out there and everytime she went out there she gave it her all.

Stop putting skaters on pedestals and then shoot them down. They all go out there to do their best and the shit you hang on them is really just unacceptable. And there is such a lack of consistency in your arguments.

Couldn't agree more.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Slutskaya and Leonova are both very different skaters, and that's what makes them and the sport unique. Music choices and interpretation allows the individual athlete to shine.

Having seen Leonova in person at Worlds in Moscow recently, her commitment to both programs was extraordinary. In particular, Alena really sold her free program to the rafters. It was a wonderful moment.

vCash
    And yet we have another judgejudy thread comparing different skaters!

vCash
    Floskate, where are you when we need you? We need to lock another ridiculous thread.

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash

vCash
    Dear Moderator,
    Is this really what you want? Another ridiculous thread by judgejudy, sole purpose of which is to bash a skater. I am more disappointed by how it has been tolerated.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    While I am not a moderator, I would suggest you experience at least one, if not more than one, off season before passing judgement on theads . . . in the Trash Can

vCash
    Leonova kind of reminds me of a young Slutskaya - before Slutskaya had her early downfall (didn't make Worlds, etc.), but before she came back stronger than ever with her 1999-2000 season jump arsenal. Slutskaya emoted on the ice in a similar way.

I find very few similarities in their skating after that.

O-

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast