Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Leonova too much like a poor womens Slutskaya

I find Leonova looks too much like a very poor womens Slutskaya. And as such inevitably you watch her skate you cant help comparing the two as they are so similar, and Leonova falls short by direct comparision in basically every department even when she skates very well. I think she needs to develop her own identity and own unique strengths (if possible) to move to the next level. Does anyone else agree.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I find Leonova looks too much like a very poor womens Slutskaya. And as such inevitably you watch her skate you cant help comparing the two as they are so similar
    No, they aren't.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    ... What is with your thread titles?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Leonova reminds me more of Ivanova, in general, and Butryskaya, artistically. She is weird and interesting, and I like it.

Irina was rather conventional in terms of artistry and more athletic. My favorite Irina program, however, was to eastern Euro folk music, so I think it worked for her.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 05-25-2011 at 01:33 AM.

vCash
    I read somewhere that Slutskaya cried tears of joy for Leonova after her program. Maybe because Leonova reminded her of herself?
    I don't think Leonova will ever have a Slutskaya-like career. I think this year was her only shot at a World medal and she came dangerously close to the podium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    ... What is with your thread titles?
    ITA, They are so

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Not in the least...

You're really turning into such a troll and you're not even good at it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I might have seen it two years, but not anymore. Leonova's programs this year went a long way to develop her own signature style, and whatever her achievements are in the future, she's nobody's copycat.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Alena is very unconventional, but she does make me smile
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Alena and Irina share the same kind of perkiness (although I think Alena is MORE perky), but Alena is way more voidy than Irina. I agree that Alena isn't on the same level as Irina though, at least not yet. I don't see her winning a world title ever and she may not ever make it onto a podium, although I could see her getting a bronze if she skates really well and others don't.

vCash
    This year was definitely her best chance at a World medal. Makarova and Leonova are going to have to really upgrade and improve to keep their spots on the Russian team with the army of juniors coming up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I find Leonova looks too much like a very poor womens Slutskaya. And as such inevitably you watch her skate you cant help comparing the two as they are so similar, and Leonova falls short by direct comparision in basically every department even when she skates very well. I think she needs to develop her own identity and own unique strengths (if possible) to move to the next level. Does anyone else agree.
    How many threads in the trash can do you plan on starting during the summer?

vCash
    JudgeJudy, if you aren't a troll, you're making yourself look like one.

vCash
    Leonova Rocks. Leave her alone. She is her own skater. As much as I really like Irina and thought she had great personality on the ice, the two programs that Leonova put out there is season were so much more choreographically interesting and diverse than what Irina did when she was competing.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    You're a pain in the arse, judgejudy27.

vCash
    A lot of threads you are starting have something in common. Pick up 2 skaters, claim how brilliant first skater is and what a rubbish is the other skater. Last year it was Yu-Na versus Mao, recently it was Michelle Kwan versus Yu-Na, Yamaguchi versus Kim, now Slutskaya versus Leonova...
    Last edited by hanca; 05-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Leonova Rocks. Leave her alone. She is her own skater. As much as I really like Irina and thought she had great personality on the ice, the two programs that Leonova put out there is season were so much more choreographically interesting and diverse than what Irina did when she was competing.
    I agree.

And I find Leonova much more musical than Slutskaya, and she looks like she is enjoying herself when she skates, unlike Slutskaya whose skating was very business-like.

Besides the layback, I don't necessarily think Lenova's spins are worse, especially looking at Slutskaya's COP spins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    A lot of threads you are starting have something in common. Pick up 2 skaters, claim how brilliant first skater is and what a rubbish is the other skater. Last year it was Yu-Na versus Mao, recently it was Michelle Kwan versus Yu-Na, Yamaguchi versus Kim, now Slutskaya versus Leonova...

Yes. you're right.
    What's wrong with her ??

vCash
    off season ?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast