Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: DWTS Finale

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I am ready to move on to SYTYCD!!!!! Wheeeee!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I thought that I would be OK if Hines won, but it wasn't until they announced his name that I realized just how much I wanted Kirstie and Maks to win. Still, I'm glad that they at least were 2nd and Mark had to settle for third place. I really am amazed at how far Kirstie has come -- and her physical transformation really is stunning. On one of the entertainment tabloid shows late last night they said she had lost 70 lbs.! Not sure where they got that figure of if it is at all accurate, but I can believe that she lost at least 35-40 lbs.

ETA: Thanks for the reminder Rob, that there is still SYTYCD to look forward to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I thought that I would be OK if Hines won, but it wasn't until they announced his name that I realized just how much I wanted Kirstie and Maks to win. Still, I'm glad that they at least were 2nd and Mark had to settle for third place. I really am amazed at how far Kirstie has come -- and her physical transformation really is stunning. On one of the entertainment tabloid shows late last night they said she had lost 70 lbs.! Not sure where they got that figure of if it is at all accurate, but I can believe that she lost at least 35-40 lbs.

ETA: Thanks for the reminder Rob, that there is still SYTYCD to look forward to.
    I believe Kirstie has lost about 90 lbs since she started this diet. I'd say about 25-30 during the Dancing with the Stars season.

SYTYCD starts tomorrow.

vCash
    You probably already figured it out or just stopped caring, but her it is:

Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Alec - Kelly
    Cheryl - Drew
    Cheryl - Emmett
    Julianne - Apolo
    Julianne - Helio
    Mark - Kristi
    Derek - Brooke
    Mark - Shawn
    Kym - Donnie
    Derek - Nicole
    Derek - Jennifer
    Kym - Hines
    I can't believe you forgot Brooke!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    They showed again last night the audience booing the scores (3 nines) Kirstie and Max received for their first dance Monday night, but this time with the camera trained on the judges and their reactions. Len said to Carrie Ann something like, "Well, if they don't like it, they can vote for her," (not his exact words but close).

That's true Len, but it's not exactly a great attitude on your part.
    Yeah, I heard something similar as well. Made me go at Len. Unbelievable although you'd think I'd know better by now.
    Crazy about sports!

Grooving!
    vCash
    I hate to say it, but Kirstie is a fluctuator. I think she'll spend the rest of her life losing and gaining and losing and gaining. I suspect as soon as she stops the rigorous dancing, she'll pack a lot of it back on.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I can.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    I hate to say it, but Kirstie is a fluctuator. I think she'll spend the rest of her life losing and gaining and losing and gaining. I suspect as soon as she stops the rigorous dancing, she'll pack a lot of it back on.
    That's pretty much how MOST people are. There is no diet that works except for a VERY tiny percentage of people who have the willpower to stay deprived and are lucky enough it doesn't make them sick. You either have to maintain a super-high activity level (much harder as you age) and rigid diet control or you gain back weight. That's not even bringing fitness into it.

Though Kirstie has said she's keeping with the dancing--she's performing with Maks in a week or two at an event in NJ. She tweeted she wants to learn all the Latin dances (I assume she means "the right way"). And the secret to keeping weight down is really finding an exercise regieme you don't HATE and isn't rote drugerly like most 'going to the gym' exercise. If she loves to dance...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I can.
    Me too (and that is saying a lot since she co-hosts the darn show!)
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    They showed again last night the audience booing the scores (3 nines) Kirstie and Max received for their first dance Monday night, but this time with the camera trained on the judges and their reactions. Len said to Carrie Ann something like, "Well, if they don't like it, they can vote for her," (not his exact words but close).

That's true Len, but it's not exactly a great attitude on your part.
    Well, this is the same Len who told Nicole Scherzinger that she deserved to the win the competition even before Evan and Anna did their final dance, so it's not surprising.

Evan was his usual gracious self when asked about that, but I'll bet Anna had a few choice (and unprintable) things to say when she found that out!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Evan wuzrobbed!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    He was; but, I think the experience of being on the show was great for him, in spite of that.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516